main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA San Diego Comic-Con 2008 Action Figure Exclusives Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthBrian, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    No, but I'm sure more than some of them are. ;)

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    They don't usually show off convention exclusives at Toy Fair, but maybe I guess... *shrug*

3. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    (emily posting with donny's log-on)

I know I'm a little late on this - but GG did some pretty bad things to us on Sunday morning.

They totally refused to sell to us (which we already established) - then they did a mob style ticket give away so that I pretty much got crushed by stinky guys and didn't get a ticket. Then I got some guy that looked like he bought his clothes from the matrix yelling at me and telling me "I'm going to remember your face and not sell to you"

It was completely uncalled for. I still feel bad that donny got the last yoda/r2 maquette that marty wanted :( But I really wanted it...... [face_devil]

4. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey, I still ended up with one, it's all cool [:D]

5. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    I hadn't heard that you got one. THANK GOODNESS - this whole 1/2 year I have spent being guilty for no reason! :D

6. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Yeah, I got one from a guy off the RPF.

7. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Hasbro

Disturbance in the Force Action Figure Set

Description from Jedi Insider:

We told you a few weeks ago that The HasbroToyShop.com exclusives for San Diego Comic Con will include "Distrubance in the Force," an awesome 3-3/4" set that will include Vader supplicating before a giant holographic head of the Emperor. What makes it special is the light-up base and very long sound chip, playing pretty much the entire sequence.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/darthbrian/CCI2008/Exclusives/holo-emperor.jpg]

SDCC2008 Exlusive News from New York Comic Con 2008

McFarlane Toys will have two exclusive Halo 3 figures:

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/darthbrian/CCI2008/Exclusives/other_cqb-clear_photo_01_dp.jpg]
    Clear CQB Spartan

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/darthbrian/CCI2008/Exclusives/other_hellspartan_photo_01_dp.jpg]
    Spartan Soldier EVA "HellSpartan"

Mattel

Mattel will have an exclusive DC Universe Classic figure Lobo & Dog as well as a Masters of the Universe Classic figure King Grayskull.

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/darthbrian/CCI2008/Exclusives/IMG_7811__scaled_600.jpg]
    Lobo & Dog

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b199/darthbrian/CCI2008/Exclusives/IMG_0848__scaled_600.jpg]
    King Grayskull

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Does anyone know which companies are letting you pre-purchase this year?

9. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    GG's Indiana Jones artifact crate is totally cool. We got them at NYCC last weekend but they'll have them at SDCC as well (total 3000 split between the two cons). The crate contents are random, unknown until you open them, and we both ended up with the same one (the idol/R2-3PO well of souls panel) which was cool because we both wanted that one. The Sankara stones/grail one is pretty neat, and the crystal skull one (while fairly meh because the skull's the only thing you get) was a GREAT look at the skull 'in the flesh' so to speak. (There is also something molded into the bottom of the crate which is a nice touch.) GG apportioned 500 each day and handed out a limited number of tickets (no mob-crush but then again we did it during pro-only hours and not on Saturday...and exhibitors could only buy on Sun). I ended up with #18/3000 which was unexpected. A friend of ours who didn't get a ticket was close to the head of the 'non ticketed' part of the line and had absolutely no problem purchasing any of the exclusives, so "no-ticket" (heh) doesn't automatically mean the kiss of death. Great switchback line control, nice customer service, no mess, no fuss. Maybe they've learned. I'm sorry people have had problems with them in the past, I guess I've been lucky. Anyway the crates are really nice, cool stuff inside, definitely the best thing I got at the con (non-autograph wise)... I'd say it's worth $35, they limit one per badge, and actually some people who were opening theirs on the floor, were pretty OK with trading 1:1 with people when each had one the other wanted.

10. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
  11. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    That Skeleton Jack is just too cute!

12. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
  13. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    There's no Nightmare B4 Xmas offerings listed this year :( I went to the Neca site and it said they're going to have limited quantities of past exclusives though (of course I already have all the ones I'm interested in already but still).

14. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
  15. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    We got our stuff :)
    The biker scout is already sold out!

16. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    GG started the pre-sale early for their Premier club members. That's probably why it was sold out when it opened up to the general public.

17. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    I like the Pirates Paperweight... but only 250 ? They'll be gone pre-view night ! Ugh ! At least I got my Anikin ! Is anyone not getting one ? If so, I could use help getting one more (NOT for me or for sale, but as a gift to Makiko and Yasu whom are helping me move my stuff in Japan...) Can anyone pre-order one and I'll pay you back ?
    JERMS/TK-3633

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.