main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Asia Satr Wars in Asia

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Gasgano_of_Earth, Apr 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Auson_Dov, is that an invite for a fellow Imperial to join up?

I'm pretty sure my pending CO wouldn't mind me being TAD over to you guys when you're up and running. :)

We could exchange ideas among other things. Keep me updated and thanks!

Stay safe.

2. TK-625

TK-625 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2002
    Gasgano_of_Earth, actually IMHO, it was a big thing during the 80's and early 90's.

Most of the hardcore fans used to hangout together, well, the group I was with anyways. Most of us, cept a few now, including me, are all that's left. Everybody else has gone back Stateside.

We do still keep in touch via emails but we don't have the special closeness kind of Fan Fun we had years before when we were together. Reality has set in and most of us do have familes and careers to think about now...

Still we are die hard fans, mostly old school [The Originial Trilogy] and are planning a get together pretty soon, familes, costumes and all. ;)

3. mTk

mTk Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2002
    Well here in Malaysia there are few real fans here. My best friend is an avid collector of SW figures. Well I'm more of a gamer than a true fan but I can defeat him in certain areas of SW knowledge :) . BTW he's the one who posted the pic for TFN Games Caption Action #13.

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    I have a friend who is also a Han Solo fanatic living in Malaysia (think now she'living in Kelantan ?[face_plain] ).

So mTk, did you get to go the special premiere of AOTC over there in Malaysia?

5. mTk

mTk Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2002
    Umm...do you mean the one that was held in Mid Valley on May 11th? Or are you talking about the one held in Summit on May 17th? Well actually I've been to both of them :) with my friend too. Were you there?

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, both. :p

Anyway, I wasn't at any of the events as I didn't know about it till a few weeks later when I did some online search for Premiere Pictures from other Asian Countries. :(

Anyway, for the whole of the May 11th to May 19th week, I was busy with the numerous Premieres here. :D

7. mTk

mTk Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2002
    Hehe...I might have saw you there...what were you wearing during the one on May 17th that took place at Summit USJ? I was wearing a Han Solo costume there (no bloodstripe :p) and my friend wore a Jedi Robe. Yeah...if you remember me...you'll know that I'm quite younger than most of you guys here....only 14...:)

8. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Finally, I see someone else from Malaysia!! :D

There are 2 Star Wars fans in my school, but neither of them post here. They don't go online much, I bet.

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Err . . . I was NOT at any of the AOTC Premiere in Malaysia. ?[face_plain]

Maybe in 2005 with my tight suit in toll :D (aiyah! can't bring in any of my Rifles or Blasters into Malaysia :( ).

10. mTk

mTk Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2002
    Oops...sorry...didn't read it properly lah...:p

Oh well...happy new year guys! :)

11. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Hi there! :)

I'm from Sri Lanka and over here I think Star Wars got mixed reviews when it was brought to the big screen.

I am probably one of the few people who actually followed the saga all the way from episode IV-ANH. Critics just watch AOTC and then say 'hey, this is confusing" :confused: or something like that.

Man are they missing out huh?

The ones who like it still had to do their homework on the Original Trilogy.

And I guess girls may have liked it because of Hayden... [face_love] Hey, I won't even argue there, coz I think he's fine. Heheh! 8-}

Oh well, that's about it...

bye,

God Bless, :)

Humaira

12. yes

yes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    Wah! So you guys were also at the Mid-valley Megamall premiere of AOTC? You guys were the ones wearing Jedi robes? Which of you went on stage and sang the Jedi rap in Hokkien with Adrian Emuang?

13. yes

yes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    I also do remember a gathering at KLCC, where the Star Wars community gathered to watch AOTC. Man, there was even a whole family who went dressed as Jedi Knights! Cool!

14. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hi Humaira! I agree with you, most ppl jus dun SW a chance.

15. Jedi_Korea

Jedi_Korea Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2003
    I was looking over this message board. I agree, the Koreans dont get into Star Wars much. Normally, I have to go to Seoul to find anything Star Wars related, and even then, there is not much. I end up having to order stuff from the US and have it shipped.

16. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    I actually wasn't at the AOTC premeire. :( It was during my exams, so there was no way I could go.

17. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Jedi_Korea, we have kick started our Asia/Africa General Discussion board. :D Please feel free to join us if you like! :)

18. der-der-diggit

der-der-diggit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    In Taipei, die hard fans...? Wanna meet>? Email: killallhippies@death-star.com

Do or do not. There is no try...

19. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I was born in China and lived there for 8 years, if that counts as Asian. I've also a friend that's Asian and really into SW.

20. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Apr 27, 2003
    Hullo SilSolo! :D

Welcome to the Asia/Africa FF boards! :) Feel free to join us here if you like. You're always welcome to post. :D We have a social thread here too, where you can meet the gang. :cool:

Hope to see you around. :)

21. EMPER0RS_HAND

EMPER0RS_HAND Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2004
    Here in JApan Star Wars exists, but there isn'T much hype about. There is the books and movies. Unluckly they are all in Japanese(hence being sold in Japan) so I don't get to read them. >*<

22. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    *waves* Hi!

That sucks, though. :( Don't they sell any English books/movies there at all? I thought they'd sell both versions ... that makes more sense.

23. Roy_Starkiller_FORCE

Roy_Starkiller_FORCE Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2004
    Hi!

[image=http://starwars-force.com/SWCLogoBW01.gif]

I am Roy Starkiller - host from starwars-force.com
    Welcome by hitting the below links of my site to feel the Force here in Taiwan and in Hong Kong ^ ^

1) The Photo Albums of Fan Force in Taiwan and in Hong Kong

2) The Collection of Star Wars Fans in Taiwan and Hong Kong

Yep, I am still gathering all the suits (Jedi/Empire) needed for setting up the FORMOSA GARRISSON

The Unofficial Star Wars Fan Celebration I of Taiwan

May The Force strong in Taiwan and in Hong Kong !

All The Best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.