main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Saturday April 6th for dinner at the downtown Spaghetti Factory at 1910 J Street in Sacramento

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I hope everyone can attend. In less someone has an idea, this will probably be our last meeting before the release of Attack of the Clones (maybe we'll meet at Arden on May 18th to see the movie and eat at Dos Coyotes???)

Info on dinner at the Spaghetti Factor:

The Spaghetti Factory doesn't take reservations for groups under something like 10, if I remember correctly. If enough people can confirm they're attending, I'll reserve us a banquet room.

Dinner's pretty cheap and good there. You get a drink, salad, bread, an entree and ice cream for about $8 or maybe $10 with tip.

There's parking directly around 3 sides of the restaurant, but those spots are usually taken. There are about 2-3 more lots across both J and K Streets that are free. Watch for Spaghetti Factory Parking signs. You should be able to avoid paying at a meter.

PM me any questions, and I'll see you there! :D

2. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    My schedule looks free so far!

3. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    I get off work around 5:00 on Saturdays now so I should be there.

4. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Sounds great! I?ll let you know how many I can get to show up.

5. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
  6. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    how late do you plan on going? i may be able to zip back after my band performance that day.

7. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    Sorry to say I won't make it for spaghetti, but I'm looking forward to opening night. Or is it opening morning?

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    OH! I am soooooooooooo there!!!! I love the Factory!!!!

And crutag...

If you want, I can burn you a CD with Tripping the Rift on it. Just let me know, ok?

9. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    The food alone pulls me over there. ;)

10. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    mmmmmmmmm......speghetti......count me in.

11. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    I love the Spaghetti Factory. The Roseville location is probably my favorite place to eat out.

12. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Lord Darth Vader-

Thank you for the offer, but don?t go through the trouble now. Can you tell me more about these wonderful Lightsabers I keep hearing of? I could use a few good sabers for the next fan film.

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    It's no problem at all crutag...Star Wars fans stick together. ;) I will bring it to the meeting April 6th

As for the light sabers, I took and modified the designs I got from a wonderful site called "The Yellow Box." I modified one to look more, IMO, authentic. I do have my own double bladed light saber and a version of Darth Vaders and Lukes (ANH) in the works too.

As for the sabers I have, I can modify them to fit rods or wooden dowels if you like. A film student from the Iniversity of London, England has been given the go ahead from the film department to make a Star Wars short film, and has informed me he has a budget, and wants to know if I can outfit a few of the 20 Jedi's he plans to use in the movie. So, because he has asked for sabers with blades strong enough to withstand the fighting, I have modified the design to hold rods or dowels.

14. Darth_Morfyus1999

Darth_Morfyus1999 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2002
    Giddyup. I'm there.

15. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    LDV-

You Rock! I have never eagerly anticipated spaghetti this much in my life; except for the first time my wife made some. ;)

16. Elvish_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    things're lookin' good! band thing may have been cancelled or somethin'; i just need to comfirm it. boy how i love the spaghetti factory! it's been so long since i've been there! (drool)
    oh yeah, and you guys gotta help me get a costume. i'm thinking along the lines of a Stormtrooper or a Boba Fett type of thing... any ideas?

17. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    How 'bout something like...a stormtrooper? Or maybe Boba Fett?

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    [smirk] @ Jeremyguy...

Elvish... how about Boba Fett... I bet there will be several Stormtroopers at the premier. You could go as Boba, but not sure where you will get a costume, and according to how much you wanna spend.

19. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Cool, Elvish! I hope you can make it!

20. Elvish_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    well, seein' as i'm a high school student with no current job (but i'm workin' on it!)... i figure a stormtrooper might be easier and maybe a bit cheaper, since i'm guessing it's more common. start thinking stromtrooper for the time being, and perhaps Boba Fett will come along eventually. around how much would it be, and where's the best place to start looking?

21. ID1113

ID1113 Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2002
    Elvish;

If you REALLY want to do a Stormtrooper (or any other Imperial/Dark Side costume), start by taking a look at the website of the Central California Garrison of the 501st Legion:
    www.TheStormtroopers.com
    this is the local unit of the world's largest Star Wars costuming fan club; we have several members here in Sacramento.

The best place to find armor right now is on eBay; just do a search under "Stormtrooper armor". If you don't have any luck there, drop us a note and we may be able to help out.

Budget wise, you are probably looking at around $600 for the armor kit, plus the additional cost of bodysuit, neck-seal, gloves, boots and blaster. Not to mention mods like voice amp, helmet fans, Sandtrooper accessories, etc.

Hope that helps; some of us may try to make it for dinner on Saturday, Apr.6. We have an event at Krier's Comics in Modesto that day, so the timing may be tight.

Thanks!
    Bret

22. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Cool Brett! I hope you can make it!

23. KingLear

KingLear Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2002
    Aunt Jar Jar Will you be my special friend?

24. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Lol! You know I am! [face_love]

(author's note: I'm married to King Lear.)

25. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    Hahaha, that's funny. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.