main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Sci Fi museum in Seattle

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthBreezy, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey guys, we're planning a day trip to the new Paul Allen playroom, otherwise known as the Sci -fi museum... here are the details if you are interested, all prices are in US dollars. This is the message I posted at our group:

I have a rare Saturday off at the end of July (the 31rst)

Would you all like to plan to go then?

I found this on the official site:

A standard group reservation includes:

Self-guided Tour
    Group greeter
    Discounted group rates
    Additional group services include:
    Group orientation (no additional charge)
    Ticket Prices ? A Group consists of 15 people or more visiting the museum at one time. The Group ticket price is $9.75 per person for admission to SFM.

Payment ? Advance purchase of tickets is required. One form of payment is required for the entire group. We gladly accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, checks, cash, or purchase orders. IMPORTANT NOTE: SFM Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be made one week in advance of scheduled visit for full refund.

Open Daily: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.

SFM Only SFM/EMP Combo
    Members FREE FREE
    Adults (ages 18?64) $12.95 $26.95
    Seniors & Military (with ID) $8.95 $19.95
    Youth 7-17 $8.95 $19.95
    Youth 6 and under FREE FREE

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Thank you so much for getting us this info, Breezy. :)

Unfortunately, the trip that I and a few others from the Base are planning has us coming through Seattle on Sunday, July 25th, a week earlier, on our way back from an SCA event just east of the city.

Some of the folks from Victory Base might be interested in joining you on that day, but they'd be making an extra trip only for that purpose, most likely. In other words, I doubt you'll get many, if any, Victory Basers joining you on FF Everett's planned trip to the Sci-Fi museum. :(

If your date changes to the previous Sunday, by any chance, let us know, though, okay? It would be cool to meet up with FFers from another city. Our joint activities with Vancouver FF have always been fun.

Cheers,

- Rani

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    That's a pisser. :( Curious: what's "EMP" in the second quoted ticket price?

*Derisa*

4. Dango

Dango Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    EMP stands for Experience Music Project. It's actually really cool, if you like music. The sci-fi museum was originally a ride called "Funk Blast" that was part of EMP. They created the sci-fi museum because Jimi Hendrix was a really big sci-fi fan, and Jimi is from Seattle.

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Totally cool. Thanks for the data, Dango!

*Derisa*

6. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Is anyone planning to make a second trip down before Xmas, preferrably after 4 Oct?

7. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    There is a comic con in Sea Tac Aug 28-29th we could combine the two if anyone is interested?

Aug 28-29th

Raining Hollywood: Nothwest Scit Fi convention & collector show.

Prices $8.00 ea.

Under 7 free.

Randy

8. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Unfortunately, no. I'm headed for Australia 17 Sep for two weeks and won't know how my finances are until I get back. It'll have to be post 4 Oct. I shall have some leave remaining, however to take a day if we have to do this say on a Friday vice a weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.