main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I hated clones before Umbara. I figured, what's the point of getting invested in cheap, identical and expendable foot-soldiers that the show kills off like flies? However, in hindsight, I wasn't paying any attention to the many subtle (and some major) differences in each clone's personality and what made each one of them more unique then their identical-looking brothers.

But then I saw the glorious Umbara arc, chock-full of interesting clones that showcased such a stunning variety of clone personalities and individuality that is caused my perspective to completely change. Now I take great enjoyment in studying each and every major and minor clone on the show and trying to decipher what makes each one tick (of particular interest of course is Rex, and I found myself more invested in his fate than ever before). I now pay ever more attention to seemingly unimportant personal details like armor markings, tattoos, hair styles and personalities that I never even noticed before, and because of it I now fully enjoy their presence and nothing short of a clone-centric arc like Umbara could've accomplished that.:)

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Shout out to our forum!,

K'Kruhk, QuangoFett, jaoblias and 4 others like this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hotdog, we've made the big time. Hey... wait... did that thing say smart aleck? What you trying to say to us Dave?

He is totally getting killed off.

I'm gonna guess he works with the Neyo Trooper guys' company (I don't know...?) and so has their colors.

I didn't start caring about the clones until toward the end of season 1. That was thanks to Rex and especially Waxer. I really didn't care about them at all. Normally I have a soft spot for armor and the Phase I helmets hit another soft spot (I know that's wierd) and that may have helped. The Umbaran arc really did a wonderful job fleshing out what it means to be one of these clones and making them sympathetic.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I enjoyed their presence in great stories like Rookies, Clone Cadets and the Deserter. More than Umbara.
    You do not need 3 identical episode to tell a good story, I loved and sympathized with Rex and Cut for less than 22 minutes - something Umbara could not do in an hour an a half,

Yap. One of the Super Tactical Droids is gonna be in this arc.
    But I think the mission with the code will not be the only mission. Cause how does a bomb factory on a random planet fit into getting to a cruiser!?

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Here is MY theory for the arc:

I think the sneaking aboard a Separatist Dreadnought is just in the first episode. In the guide there is an image where they are already on a ship with Separatist corridors. Look at the floor. It is the same one as in the scene from "Witches of the Mist" when Ventress dueled Dooku on a "Providence" class cruiser.

Plus, in the guide they have featured the ship so that means it is in the episode. The official site does include things in the guide for an episode that are not in the episode itself.

And the guide speaks of the droids overcoming the odds of security on the ship. If this episode was just a setup for them to get there eventually, it would say "The droids must overcome horrible odds to reach the Separatist flagship in time". They reach the ship in this episode and get the code. And maybe later they ask Gregor to guard them cause they have a vital code to get to Mace Windu.

The rest of the arc will happen after they escape on a CIS shuttle that is shown in the comet clip from CVI. I think get stuck on the Cruiser with the code and are forced to hijack a shuttle from the hangar of the Separatist Dreadnought.

Seerow likes this.
  6. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Preview_TCW_Secret_Weapons_149089.asp

Episode Trivia:

* The opening logo on the episodes of this arc is blue rather than the traditional yellow, as a tribute to R2-D2.

* The Jedi Knights seen accompanying their droids during the war room briefing are AnakinSkywalker (with R2-D2), Aayla Secura (with QT-KT), Thongla Jur (with U9-C4) and Tera Sinube (with M5-BZ).

* WAC-47’s master is Clone Commander Neyo, a trooper first seen on Saleucami in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith.

* QT-KT is inspired by R2-KT, a pink astromech droid created by Star Wars fans in tribute toKatie Johnson, daughter of Albin Johnson, founder of the 501st Legion. The droid, who is now dedicated to the memory of the late Katie, makes appearances at children’s hospitals. Though R2-KT previously appeared in The Clone Wars movie, Qutee is a separate droid to avoid having two droids named “Artoo” on the same mission.

* The hazard labels on R2-D2’s enhanced booster rockets read: “WARNING: Supercharger boost must not exceed 150 percent” and “KEEP BACK.”

* Dr. Gubacher is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker, who fans will recognize as the voice of all of the clones as well as numerous other series characters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nexumaster and Seerow like this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like how the paint on the tactical droids chest kinda looks like a cheetah's face. Awesome screen caps.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  8. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Barriss_Coffee and Seerow like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    A long serving miniture non-clone officer. Interesting.

10. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    That's not really "long-serving", considering it's only two or three years before this episode when Gascon joined up. :p

It's interesting that he's an army officer rather than a navy officer, and probably the first non-clone Republic army officer seen in TCW.

Seerow likes this.
  11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    He kinda looks like a Frog

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Next week on Star Wars: The Clone Wars:
    [​IMG]

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My friend, that's long serving in the war isn't it? He's been around for the entirety of The Clone Wars. I don't care if he was scrubbing toilets in the navy before that. I have to say he's completely different from what I had in mind. I wonder if R2 will fall on this guy and smash him? =b

I think he looks more like Gary from Spongebob painted green without a shell.

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Nice, so we'll get to see a good guy Parwan and a new super tactical droid? That sounds good to me. Gascon is a peculiar little guy with a fun frog & snail-like design and it sounds interesting that he's been in the Republic army since the start of the war; still, he seems like the type of character that some will dislike.

15. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    The Parwan reminds me of how Nuvo Vindi acted.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    When Filoni kept touting the fact that we'd eventually see non-clone officers, this isn't exactly what I had in mind.:p

Yeah -- these little comical characters are tough to pull off.

Seerow likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I said this. I guess that just makes it more facinating though. =b

Yeah, Gascon is probably going to be a tougher sell to me than Mr. Wac. He seems like a pretty generic cartoon general. Atleast from the previews it appears this arc is going for looney tunes type slap stick. God help me if they try to immulate the damn crackbaby cartoons on CN.

18. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Even Petrol had some dignity and gravitas. I hope WAC's backstory - his successful work with Commander Neyo - actually has some relevance to the story in this arc and is demonstrated with some actual competence beyond his clumsiness. That might make him a vaguely interesting character in the end.

I suppose I should watch a few Looney Tunes shorts to prepare myself for the new episodes.

He also kept hinting at the increased role of non-clone officers in future seasons, and there might be something leading up to this in the finale. However, it would be amusing if Colonel Gascon turned out to be an evil proto-Imperial. :p

fistofan1, Seerow and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Don't watch 'Falling Hare' before this one. WAC stands the best chance of of any of the new characters of getting some kind of backstory. And just because someone appears clumsy doesn't mean they are incompetent. I'm proof of that. Maybe... =b

I feel a moral lesson coming on here in this arc.

20. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Each of the astromechs has a Jedi owner/partner, so with any luck they won't be treated like slapstick idiots. If WAC proves his worth beyond slapstick, the episodes might be reasonable.

Filoni did mention Tarkin's name explicitly and in relation to the non-clone officer corps' willingness to do things the Jedi cannot. Gascon may not tie in too closely with that.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly, if your going to watch a cartoon to prepare for this. Don't watch straight up Looney Tunes. I'd recommend Darkwing Duck. That dark early 90s plot driven cartoon slapstick is closer to how the previews make me feel. Besides that a Disney cartoon may be more appropriate these days.

Tarkin's name was mentioned but its never been elaborated on where he'll be in season 5, I don't think. I'm expecting Frogman is going to be dead by the 2nd part of the arc.

22. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    If you look closely at the Jedi funeral, you can reference a uniformed figure that could be a match.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Can you provide me the screen shot please? =D

24. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    It's a blurry pic so in the meantime I'll try to find a better quality one.
    EDIT: It was posted on page 64 on this thread. It's the guy next to what appears to be Admiral Dao or Kit Fisto

25. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

Next to Kit Fisto you can see Tarkin and possibly Yularen and Coburn. However, the 33 cm high Gascon is not visible to me.

Seerow likes this.