main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph SEASON PREMIERE ALERT! Top Shot

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Aug 18, 2006.

1. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Cant wait for The Shield tonight. Ive been dying for this premiere for almost a year now.

Oh, and as far as that Prison Break blurb goes, only two characters died, and neither of them were what Id consider major characters. Sure, Whistler played a pivotal role last season, but Mahone's wife ?

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight:

8-10PM
    The CW, TV-14-DL

Season Premiere
    America's Next Top Model
    B+

"There's something beautifully predictable about Tyra Banks' over-the-top a-nun-cee-a-tions, flagrant abuse of the term ''fierce,'' and quotes like ''She needs some ugly pretty 'cause right now she got pretty pretty and pretty pretty is ugly ugly.'' Sure, Tyra, and now tell us again about smiling with your eyes. But do I mind? Hell, no. I'm already enthralled by cycle 11's gawky French girl, a figure skater who was nearly sold to Saudi Arabians, and the pre-op transgender Isis, who enjoys the phrase ''born in the wrong body."

8-10PM
    Fox, TV-14-DLSV

Season Premiere
    Bones

"Brennan and Booth go to London, but before they can make goofy faces at the palace guards, someone is murdered."

9-10PM
    Sci Fi, TV-PG

Season Premiere
    Ghost Hunters

"Don't confuse this show with Ghost Whisperer. Those plumbers don't look anything like Jennifer Love Hewitt."

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    Fox, TV-PG-L

Season Premiere
    Cops

"For the 21st season premiere, the show goes back to Broward County, Fla., where the fat-sleaze-running-from-police magic all began."

9-10PM
    Fox, TV-14

Season Premiere
    America's Most Wanted

"After 22 years, you'd think the bad guys would learn better."

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight,

10-10:30PM
    HBO, TV-MA

Season Premiere B-
    Entourage

"It's been over a year since we last saw Vincent Chase (Adrian Grenier) and his posse, so it's a bummer to see that they?re still talking about his dud of a Pablo Escobar biopic. After Medellín's horrendous reviews, Vince has exiled himself to an endless party in Mexico; he's now at the bottom of the Hollywood food chain, and only his boys can help him climb back up. A bigger problem? Everything in the season 5 premiere feels stale: Ari (Jeremy Piven) is still yelling a lot, Drama (Kevin Dillon) is still immature, and Turtle (Jerry Ferrara) still just wants to meet hot chicks. This Entourage could benefit from some new members. ?Tim Stack"

5. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998

8-9PM
    Fox, TV-14-LV
    Season Premiere
    Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

"John's birthday (and season 1) ended with a bang as the family Jeep exploded into a burning pile of debris with Cameron inside. So what's in store for season 2? Lots. Cameron's still alive and Brian Austin Green returns, while Shirley Manson joins the cast as the CEO of a hi-tech corporation. And no, it's not a Garbage processor."

10-11AM
    Syndicated

Season Premiere
    The Ellen DeGeneres Show

"Ellen sits down with Michelle Obama and the Jonas Brothers. Not together. Though I'd love to hear Nick's thoughts on the Russia?Georgia imbroglio."

6. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    10-11PM MTV, TV-14-L

Season Premiere

Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Island

"In my mind, any current or future Real World installments serve only to populate this vastly more entertaining competition series, which is shaking things up this season: Instead of putting the RW/RR alums up in a luxurious mansion while they compete for a $300,000 pot of money, the group is stranded on a deserted island, Robinson Crusoe-style. That is, if Crusoe and Friday had done body shots to inaugurate their first night as castaways. Good to see things haven't changed too much. B+ ?Tim Stack"

7. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    11:29PM-1AM
    NBC, TV-14

Season Premiere
    Saturday Night Live

"Summer's golden boy and EW Olympic stud, Michael Phelps will host the 34th season premiere of SNL. No word yet on whether he'll do the honors in a Speedo, but a girl can always hope. Lil Wayne is the musical guest. He can leave his Speedo at home."

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm excited for that; a friend and I are watching it together.

9. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Michael Phelps! I'm excited for this - we'll see if he can act as well as he can swim. I'm guessing not, but it promises to be funny regardless.

10. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Micheal Phelps is going to be a disaster, I'm afraid. I'm not debating his athletic prowess, but the poor guy should never open his mouth. He comes across as a grade A doofus when he talks.

11. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    8-9PM
    Fox, TV-14

Season Premiere
    House

"The House-Wilson bromance is over. I hear Brody Jenner is looking to fill a spot."

12. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    [face_dancing] Can't wait for House!

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Tonight, tonight...

9-10:59PM
    NBC, TV-14-LSV
    Heroes-Season3_150

Must Watch of the Week
    Season Premiere
    Heroes

"For those holding out for a Heroes that isn't a super-letdown (see: much of season 2), it may be time to rejoice, or at least prejoice, judging from the first of two episodes kicking off season 3. Things begin with a literal bang, as Future Claire (Hayden Panettiere) goes ballistic on Future Peter (Milo Ventimiglia), and then story lines ricochet in myriad directions. While a few seem suspect ? beware of Extreme Makeover: Mohinder Edition (Sendhil Ramamurthy) and the spiritual rebirth of Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) ? many entice: Meet a faster-than-the-speed-of-awesome chick who swipes a secret formula from Hiro (Masi Oka)! Brace for two bromantic betrayals! And a creepy scene in which Sylar (Zachary Quinto) gets up close and too personal with Claire illustrates that Heroes still has the ability to mess with your head. ?Dan Snierson"

11:30AM-Noon
    Nickelodeon, TV-Y

Season Premiere
    Yo Gabba Gabba!

"Why try to resist a conga line led by The Office's Melora Hardin?"

8-8:30PM
    CBS, TV-14-D

Season Premiere
    The Big Bang Theory

"King Nerd Leonard (Johnny Galecki) and neighbor Penny (Kaley Cuoco) finally have their first date?and first kiss! But the second-season opener wisely centers on the series' core shtick: the boys' cerebral, emotionally stunted quirks. When Penny confides in already-nervous Sheldon (Jim Parsons) that she didn't actually graduate from community college, he becomes overcome with facial ticks that testify to his obsessive inability to ''accept the covenant of secret-keeping.'' B+ ?Ari Karpel"

8-10PM
    ABC

Season Premiere
    Dancing With the Stars

"If we learned anything from the last lame season, it's that not all D-list casts are created equal. (And that co-host Samantha Harris can't do a backstage interview.) Will Susan Lucci, Lance Bass, and Toni Braxton be duds or delights? Regardless: You go, Cloris Leachman, with your octogenarian moves! (Premiere week is a three-night event, with episodes also airing Tuesday and Wednesday.)"

8:30-9PM
    CBS, TV-14

Season Premiere
    How I Met Your Mother

"Ted gets an answer from Stella. So I guess there's a 50/50 chance we've reached the whole reason this show exists. Besides NPH."

10-11PM
    ABC, TV-14-D

Season Premiere
    Boston Legal

"Alan has performance anxiety when he finds out that opposing counsel is his ex-girlfriend. At least we now know why they broke up."

14. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Yay, How I Met Your Mother is back tonight! I watched the three first seasons in less than a week two months ago and love that show so much at this point.

It's gonna be awesome!

15. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    We don't have an individual thread for it. Start one. :D

16. The_Face

The_Face Ex-Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 22, 2003
    I'm definitely looking forward to Boston Legal. I may check out Heroes or How I Met Your Mother as well depending on when I get home.

17. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I wonder if Heroes will be as terrible as all the previews make it seem.

18. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    It was awesome. TONS of SW references throughout. Hi-larious.
    (see signature)

19. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Through the first half hour, its pretty good.

20. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    I love How I Met Your Mother.

I borrowed the first two seasons from my friend and watched them in a few days. I haven't seen the third season yet though, I'm still watching tonight. Can't keep me away from HIMYM. Not a chance.

I'm watching Heroes right after too.

21. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    How I Met Your Mother was indeed great.

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    As long as Alyson Hannigan is on the show, I will watch whatever HIMYM decides to put out. It could be a half hour of her sitting a chair, knitting, and I would watch.

23. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Probably going to have to wait ages to actually see it, being in Australia and all, but did Stella say yes?

24. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Yeah, but she hates Star Wars,so it's kind of a win/lose.

25. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Well, The Big Bang Theory has further solidified its place as the best show on television.

I've been a casual fan of HIMYM, watching it whenever I get the chance lately. The premiere tonight was the best episode I've seen yet.

I muscled my way through the mediocrity that was the first season of Heroes, and am not anxious to watch season 2 or the horrendously looking season 3. That show tries way too hard.