main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SECOND CHANCE: Immunity passes for this week's vote

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by droideka27, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    It appears to be the consensus that it would be a lot fairer to give everyone a chance to use their immunity, since the rules were unclear, so that's what we shall do.

VOTES STAY AS THEY ARE

But if you wish to use your pass and exempt you from being nominated, you have until 9pm board time to let me know via PM, and then you will automatically dropped from the nominations.

We had enough people voted for that even if everyone who can buy an eviction pass does, there will still be canidates left, and not require a revote.

Since Seldon and Sebulba X both know they have been nominated, it's only fair to let everyone know who was voted for.... but not how many votes, of course.

In alphabetical order:
    Carmen
    PK
    Sebulba
    Seldon
    SWR
    Terr

PK has already chosen to use her pass.

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Now this is much more along the lines that everyone was expecting when they cast their votes. (I think, since that's what the rule was when they cast their votes.)

Thanks for the timely revision, Tracy. I'll stop calling you worthless now.

AYBABTU

3. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Thanks for the timely revision, Tracy. I'll stop calling you worthless now.

awwwww thanks [face_love]

4. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Okay, still a little bit confused.

Seldon already knows that he'll be nominated, correct? So he can make the decision based on that knowledge. So if I'm the 4th, and Seldon choses to use his exemption pass and I go up, can I chose at that point to use mine?

On other news, how the hell did Rhett and Jim not get any votes?

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    It does my self esteem good to see people scrambling to get out having to go up against me in a vote off. [face_devil]

6. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001

Seldon already knows that he'll be nominated, correct? So he can make the decision based on that knowledge. So if I'm the 4th, and Seldon choses to use his exemption pass and I go up, can I chose at that point to use mine?

Let me try to clarify.

Seldon and Sebulba both can choose to risk being voted off. Each of them has to guess whether they will get to stay.

However, because the votes are PMed to Tracey, no one will know until after the deadline whether they choose to exepmt themselves.

For the rest of the contestants, it is a risk as well. Since they don't know whether Seldon or Sebulba will drop out of the vote, they also don't know whether they will be put in place of Sebulba or Seldon. For them, there is a double risk. First, there is the risk that they will take one of the candidates' places. Second, there is the risk that they would lose the vote if they are a replacement.

I hope that makes it clearer.

Kimball Kinnison

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Oh, well I think everyone knows I'm not going anywhere, even if I had the points, which I don't. So, it's more of a question if it's going to be Seldon or someone else.

<<insert some boastful Muhammed Ali quote...maybe a Rocky one too>>

8. droideka27

May 28, 2002

You have to decide what you think your risk is of being the final one up there. If you think you might end up against Sebulba, and you want to use your pass, let me know before 9pm. you have to decide what your odds are of going up there, over the other people that recieved votes.

On other news, how the hell did Rhett and Jim not get any votes?

Beats the hell out of me, but that's what i got :p

9. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    Well, basically my question is why Seldon got to know before he chose to use his pass or not, but the rest of us don't.

If Seldon uses his pass, it's a sure thing. If any of the rest of us do, it's a crapshoot.

10. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    Yeah, but you at least know you got votes. I really don't know how we could do it better short of redoing the whole thing.

(PS KK is just helping out, helping keep an eye on things. thanks :) )

11. carmenite42

Jul 21, 2003
    If we're going to redo it, I'd say redo it the way it was supposed to be before the votes ever happened. If Seldon choses to use his immunity, you tell the next person, give them a chance to use their immunity, if they do tell the next person, etc. That is the way that it was supposed to be before the votes ever happened, right?

ETA: actually, telling us we had votes was probably worse to do. Because now Rhett and Jim know that there's no chance of them being voted out, while the rest of us don't - under normal situations, none of us would know anything.

12. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Not to mod bash but this is the worst eviction thus far.

The rules change by the hour.

Just yesterday Tracy stated that the passes must be in before the nomination is announced. So once again did PK ask to use the pass before 9PM on Sunday. IF she did not that the nominations should stay intact as they were.

13. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    i already answered your Q in the other thread. she asked to use it before 9pm on sunday.

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Thanks for the answer.

And the reason for the constant changing of rules is?

15. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

It's more like it was now than what she changed it to. Now the rules are just like they were when you cast your votes. Just use your pass if you want it and move on. This is pretty much the way it was going to be before. You actually have an advantage now over Carmen, as she doesn't know if you will use your pass or not. So now she has to decide if she wants to risk using hers or risk being up for a vote. You know you need to use yours. This is almost exactly as the rules said it would be when you cast your vote. Disregard the rule changes outlined last night and just decide to use the pass or not.

AYBABTU

16. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    And the reason for the constant changing of rules is?

The complaints? See, if there were no complaints, we wouldn't be trying to change anything.

This is your game, i am just trying to make things easier for you.

This week might be rough, but the following weeks should be smooth. Also, i was gone every night this weekend, so it made it a bit difficult to refine rules in a way that made everyone happy.

17. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    ALERT ALERT

If seldon chooses to use his pass tonight, there WILL be a revote by the JC. If he does not, things stand as they are, and anyone who thought he would use his pass and decided to use theirs as well just wasted it.

There will be a new vote, put up tonight, for 24 hours, for the JCers to select between the two final housemates. All previous votes will be DISCARDED.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.