main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Second Meeting: What about ......?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Shadowscout04, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowscout04

Shadowscout04 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2004
    Ok, call me crazy, but I think we should actually do something for our next meeting. Like I told Kynstar last night, if we keep going to food places I'm going to be as big as my new house(not a pretty picture).
    So I suggested maybe going bowling (or some other activity). I don't bowl very well or often, but I think it would be fun. It would also get our group out to more types of people.
    Just a suggestion, I'm open to other ideas. I'm flexible, I just want to do more than eat and talk.

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Are there any Lazer Tag places in Central Arkansas?

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Actually I think there are. I will just have to do some research in the yellow pages. I have never played lazer tag, but I think it looks like fun.
    Wall climbing is pretty fun too.

Hey Kynstar,
    I read book 6 last night and I'm at least 1/2 way though book 7. Thanks again.

Shadowscout04
    (I forgot I logged Nyborg back on)

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_laugh] Ahh was gonna say! Nyborg had actually read it? ;) Thought maybe you convinced him to read the series [face_mischief]

Lazer tag? Oh man I've never done it but always wondered about it. Dunno if I'd be able to though finances are tight now that my divorce is actually finally done and over with. Getting settled in a new apartment and all. But I could go and watch (though with envy) ;)

Glad you're enjoying the books! :D the deal with with that mad scientist chick later on ( in the teens I think - 14/15 maybe...) were great! Though the two with Tahl... well I won't say nothing until you read them.

Do let me know if you do want to borrow the Jedi Quest ones :D I got all them too!

5. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Lazertag would be cool but, if we're going to be shooting eachother why not play paintball? Granted not now anyway but in the future it might be a fun thing to do. If not laser tag maybe a "Star Wars Night" at someones place, you know bust out the star wars trivial pursuit ect. Just some ideas.

Oh and sorry I didnt make it sunday, Radio and all and I dont think I would have been able to get back into town before six.

6. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey ShadowScout sounds great to me. But if I throw my right shoulder out and have surgury on the left then who will cook for ya. HAHA But yes I'm all game for bowling but I think we need to get some sort of name and small flyer made. To put around saying about our next meeting maybe we can get a few new people to show up that doesn't know about us. I'm working on a temperary logo or we could use it as our suit and tie logo for more official events. Keep the ideas coming.

7. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    sorry i didnt make the first. give me plenty of time becuase i got three kids playing ball this spring and summer.

8. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, we probably need to lock down a date pretty soon, if anything. Weekends are pretty good for me right now, but we should go with the majority though.

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Weekends are good for me as well :D

10. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Jun 17, 2002
    If we've got a date set a good week in advance, I'm pretty sure I can get off from work.

11. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    When I am permanently in town for the summer I am going to talk to my parents about hosting a pool party. I was thinking we could set up a projector and watch a SW movie on the side of the house while we swim and BBQ.

12. Shadowscout04

Oct 30, 2004
    If everyone is ok with the bowling idea we will try to finalize everything like if we need to make reservations if will need to know how many people will be attending. At Sherwood Bowling Center the cost is $3.00 per game plus $1.50 for shoe rental.
    I was thinking about Saturday, March 19 say early to mid afternoon, whatever works best for everyone. Just give some input.

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Mar 19 should be good for me... though I wouldn't know about actually 'bowling' hehehe I'd have to think on that. Though I can be there for the meeting at least. :) early/mid afternoon is fine with me too

14. Shadowscout04

Oct 30, 2004
    Saturday, March 19 3:30 is the earliest we can be there. We just need to know how many people will be there, so we know how many lanes we will need. It's at the Sherwood bowling center on Countryclub rd, we will send out directions in the next day or two. Hope we have as good a turnout as the last meeting.
    If anyone needs a ride let us know.

15. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    Ehhh I may not be able to make it if it is the 19th

That is our prom night, sorry lads....

:(

16. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Jun 17, 2002
    :( *kicks working two jobs.*

Anyone doing anything for saint pattys day?

17. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    What about the 20th of March? Would this be a good date for everyone? We just found out that we are going to have to do some major work on our new property on Saturday, so if Sunday would work better for everyone we do it then.

Shadowscout04

18. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Won't be able to make the second meeting. I'll be on vacation in South Carolina with my folks. Hope you guys have a great time though!!!

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey ForceConduit when you leaving to go and do that?

If it's gonna be on Sun it'll depend on the time. Suns usually busy time for me (cuz of munchkin and going to grandma's). I'd have to know the time. Can't be out late due to getting stuff ready for work and Duncan's school.

20. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey guys it's shadowscout. Unfortunatly the date is not working well for everyone, and we have had unforseen complications due to our new home that makes this weekend not good for us. We thought that we would re-schedule for Sat. April 2nd, an evening time or Sun. April 3rd early afternoon. Just post the best time for you. I apologize for having to reschedule, hopefully the new dates will work for everyone.

21. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    You aren't coming to Mid-South Con?

22. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Hi there,
    Just found this stuff on the internet.
    Huge fan, whats up? Are you guys trying to plan a line party?
    I have several friends who are huge fans and I am going to be telling them to get on-line and find out what's going on.
    Any information is appreciated.
    I am going in coustume as a jedi.
    BJ from Central Arkansas

23. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey jeepgirls30! Welcome aboard! Yep gonna try to do a line party of Ep III at the Rave :D I'm gonna get there early on the 18th and yep I'll be dressed up as well ;) (and I'll be dressed as a Jedi too :D)

24. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Jun 17, 2002
    Yes! Welcome to the darkside!

See here I am faced with a dilema. I used to work at a movie theater, and am still really good friends with the managers. Now, should I watch Ep. III early? And still camp out? Or should I camp out, and not watch Ep. III early?

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Camping can be done almost any time of the year. Ep III now... now that's a one time event! ;) [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.