main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Secret Warriors - (A Marvel RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Isi/Walker
    Hidden Base

The others were conversing freely around her now, not really paying any attention to her.
    Isi didn't mind, she wasn't exactly looking to build up friendships here. She was there to do the job she'd been chosen for.
    Looking again at the others Isi nodded to herself. She wanted to help people.

TAg: any

2. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    IC: Sharén (Echo) - Secret Base

"I can choose not to be discovered" he said, turning invisible at the point he said it, his clothing and equipment dissapearing with him "See? I'm not sneaky, I chose to be visible" he finished, turning back to opaque form. "I think we could become partners, like a sniper team, you the sniper and me the spotter" he held out his hand in companionship. "If you like, that is"

Tag: Reticle

3. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    IC: Connor Humate
    Underground HQ, Undisclosed Location; Briefing Room

To say that Connor was scowling would be a lie, though he wanted to do it very badly. When you?re a walking skeleton, you don?t have the luxury of having many?facial expressions. You lack the muscles and skin to make them.

He looked at the two and followed, one of his hands sticking through his ripped pocket. He didn?t like watching people smoke anymore, he remembered as he saw Spectrum. As a thing that can no longer feel or taste?or even really breath, he had to kick the habit. And it wasn?t an easy to break.
    ?Ja, I suppose," replied Bey, shrugging his shoulders. "I served the South African government for a while myself. It's all work in the end, right? Just another job for people like us. But we're wasting time, huh? Time for us to trek. I don't know what these guys are doing standing chatting like girls before prom."

Letting out a dry "ha", Degree followed Spectrum to the door, nudging Phantom to do the same.

"They're just getting to know each other." Degree stopped at the door and leaned against the wall. He yawned, then wiped the water out of his eyes, then yawned again.

?Prom?? Connor said looking around. ?More like Halloween, given the outfits. Not that it matters, its good there chatting it up. Reminds everyone we?re on the same team.? Connor said looking at Degree, quickly catching up with him. ? I wonder if I?ll have to wear a coat if we go to Antarctica.?

TAG: Blu, Wing, Team

4. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    GM's OOC:

Hey, gang. I know sitting here "chatting" can get boring if it goes on for too long. I just wanted to give you guys some time to play around with your characters and get a feel for their different personalities. We can head out on the mission whenever you're ready.

Oh, and also... If you have a preference for the mission let me know. Antarctica or Central America? If not, I'll place you on one or the other, but I'll be splitting the teams evenly...seven heroes on each team.

5. deathwisp0R

deathwisp0R Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    IC: reticle

"I can choose not to be discovered" he said, turning invisible at the point he said it, his clothing and equipment dissapearing with him "See? I'm not sneaky, I chose to be visible" he finished, turning back to opaque form. "I think we could become partners, like a sniper team, you the sniper and me the spotter" he held out his hand in companionship. "If you like, that is"

Reticle's face show'd no emotion when the other man spoke but when he finished he grinned. a big evil grin. " My last partner died... i missed him for 5 seconds. Take note i will kill you if you get in my way, i will kill you if you mess up and i will scrifice you for the sake of the mission. But note that if you accept that and dont screw up we will complete the mission If these terms are exceptabe to you we have a deal." After he was done talking his grin subsided to its normal gruff state. " i'll switch to a rifle more suitable for the jungle" And with that reticle walked to his large case of rifles and replaced his arctic L118A1 with a M82 Barrett modified to be water proof and able to fire anti-personnel as well as anti-materiel rounds. After checking his rounds he aproached Nick fury with a salute and said "Sir, i'd like to go on the jungle mission with The one called echo as my spotter."

tag: fury and echo

6. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    hidden base

Isi rolled her eyes at the one called Reticle. Really great way to build trust between team-mates. Looking to her left she saw Trickster, who had remained entirely silent and just seemed to be observing. He was older than some, and appeared to be from a military or S.H.I.E.L.D background. Moving over to where he was, Isi held out a hand in greeting.
    "Isi Chambers. Walker." She said.

TAG: Trickster

7. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC:

deathwisp0R - Actually Fury has already left the breifing room and is sitting in his secure office going over some files. But I'll mark you down for the jungle. ;)

8. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    IC: Sharén (Echo) - Underground Base

"Then the feeling is mutual" he murmured, referring to Reticle's near-threat. Sharén checked his own armaments - his blades and silencers, and then his bodily equipment. He engaged his invisible mode again, checking everything was gone that he was holding, he rested against a wall, in complete solitude and meditation for the battle to come, a technique learnt from extensive time and assignments in the far eastern countries.

Tag: None, GM

9. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Unless anybody has anymore chatting they wish to do, I'll do the teleporting later tonight.

10. DarthMessiah00

DarthMessiah00 Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2009
    IC: Maseno Kibaki
    -HQ

She almost laughed when Will fell on the pavement. Almost. As it was small smile crept on her face, despite her best efforts to stop it. She looked to her right and saw Seamus returning to his previous conversation, but he had saw the man move a little, and given that everyone here had a talent of some sort it didn't take a genius to put two and two together and guess he was responsible somehow. Somehow...

"Your friend seems like a nice guy" She said, finally breaking down and letting out a small chuckle as she raised her hand for Will to shake, while she shook her head towards Seamus. "And the name is Maseno Kibaki. I still don't know your last, Will."

TAG: Ram, Chuckles, Group

11. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Kyle Savant
    "My name's Blaire. You can call me Blink." The girl quickly looked away from Kyle's eyes. He looked down and smiled. A shy one.

"I'm Kyle," he said. He chewed on his gum for a minute. "So how'd you wind up here?"

Tag: BultarSwan

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Will Guildenstern, Alias Cryptologist

"Yeah, tha' Seamus is a riot..." Will mumbled, eyeing his friend suspiciously. "Anywho, pleasure t'make yer acquaintance, Ms. Kibaki. Will'am Guildenstehn at yer service. Like the chap in the Shakesp're play," he continued, shaking her hand. "If m'mem'ry serves, you drive GEAR'EAD o'er there, yar? Any other powahs, by chance, aside from being 'ceptionally beautiful, o'course."

He noticed she was glancing in Seamus direction. That settled it: Revenge would be his.

[b]TAG: DarthMessiah[/b]

13. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Degree
    -Secret HQ

His eyes grew heavy, unbearably, after he smiled at Phantom's comment. "Dude...you don't even have any skin."

A few minutes passed, long drawn out minutes to a sleepy youth and eventually, Degree was fast asleep against the wall.

Tag: MiB, Winged

14. DarthMessiah00

DarthMessiah00 Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2009
    IC: Maseno Kibaki
    -HQ

"If m'mem'ry serves, you drive GEAR'EAD o'er there, yar? Any other powahs, by chance, aside from being 'ceptionally beautiful, o'course."

At that she nodded and laughed slightly. "None what so ever I'm afraid. But hey I did make that hunk of junk, I think having beauty and brains is a power of its own.?

She looked towards Seamus again and had her hand on her chin. Will was cute, as was Seamus for that matter, but her mind had drifted to more practical matters. Like what the hell he did he do to knock Will down. She had to know what her teammates could do after all.

?Forgive me, but what power does that guy have. I know he was the charming fellow who knocked you down, but was it Telekinesis or something. I can?t place my finger on it for the life of me." She said poiting at Seamus.

TAG:darthramza, group

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Nick Fury
    Control Room
    0555 hours

The door slid open and Fury entered the large Control Room. There were tons of different monitors and vid-screens all around the room. And giant computers lined the bottom half of the walls.

Keying in some codes one the main console, the largest screen in the center of the wall flashed and showed a split-screen picture. On the left half, an Aztec temple surrounded by dense jungle. The right half showed a small metal bunker covered in snow and ice. He stood and stared at the screen for a moment, then turned toward the door, awaiting the team.

TAG: All Secret Warriors...

16. deathwisp0R

deathwisp0R Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2008
    ic: Reticle

reticle walked in gruff as ever and saluted Nick Fury. "Sir!" Reticle then activated and deactivated his optic camo rendering himself invisable to the naked eye for a few moments. "Just testing my gear" He then looked at the two screens noticing the geography of the jungle area. " I take it these are the targets?" Reticle noted several areas that would be ideal for sniping near and on the temple. Memorizing them Reticle did a few streches to look for ant cramops that may hinder his movements or sniping. After that Reticle checked his rifle for any jams and checked to make sure his clip was full, it was The last pre-mission ritual Reticle went throgh was the inspection and cleaning of his KA-BAR.

tag Nick Fury

17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    OOC: Okay, typing out the accent is beginning to drive me batty. Please just assume everything Will says has a charming cockney twist.;)

IC: Will Guildenstern, alias Cryptologist

"Too true, marm, too true," Will replied with a laugh. And then, much to his dismay, the conversation [i]once again[/i] turned back to Seamus. Perhaps this was just a colossal waste of his time. Perhaps not. It was probably best to stay positive.

"Well, in addition to being a master of making a fellow look clumsy, Seamus can send out these... waves of energy. It's weird, something to do with moleculey-vibrating-atomicy... stuff. I dunno." It was at about this time that Nick Fury slid open the doors to the control room. "I... believe it's time to head off and all that. After you, miss."

[b]TAG: DarthMessiah[/b]

18. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    IC: Blaire Pennington 'Blink', conference room

Although Blaire had looked away, her mind was full of wondering what he would say next. This was new. All of it was so different from what she supposed she could call her past life. And here was the first time she would explain any part of that to another person besides Nick and herself. She hadn't even told Nick everything. But this guy had asked so she figured she should give at least a partial answer. Looking through her eyelashes at the young man she tilted her head further so she could look him face to face. For a moment, she just looked into his eyes. She never allowed herself to do that with people. Then she looked away and answered. "I was living on the streets. Nick found me in jail." Short but sweet. Glancing back up at him, she waited for a reply.

TAG: Reynar, Dubya

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: I'll give the others another day to post, then, sometime tomorrow, I'll post the rest of the briefing before you teleport out of the base.

20. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    APPROVED!!!

Super-Hero Name: System Shock

Power(s):

Has an Astral Body that can ?possess? nonliving and living things by ?hopping? into them. If he possess their bodies, while in their bodies or forms he can access any of their information (to the point if, or upgrade their abilities or tone them down regardless of their living or not. While he cannot it actually control matter especially living matter, he can read their thoughts and ?Talk to their souls? allowing him to either talk to their subconscious mind. Through this and supplying them with his ?Cosmic Power?, he can increase or decrease its power by twice the amount it previously had , or give it a new correlating ability.

The same applies to machines, though to both a lesser and higher extent, he can read surface thoughts of machines or programs but not deeply when he hopes into them (he latch onto a top secret email, and tell you its contents, but if its in code and you need translated your out of luck). But he can increase its abilities greatly (allowing a car to it to move five times as fast as it normally would, without gasoline or allowing a gun to fire off explosive rounds amour rounds?despite not having any rounds in the gun).
    He can hop into anything he can get his tentacles on, allowing him teleport on the internet or using a phone or radio (though he has a harder time doing it) but hoping a radio wave, or information packet then redirecting at will.

If the object he is completely destroyed. If it is greatly harmed or disabled, he throws himself out of the object, unable to ?Possess? anything for an hour and a half. It takes a five minutes to hop in and out of something and to be able to do it again. He can ?latch? onto something right away though.

Place of Birth: Kree homewrold

Where Nick Fury found you: Skrull Ship

Age and Appearance: 31

Short but bulky man. Has long dreadlocks of silver hair, that goes down to his shoulders and blue eyes. Has a prominent jaw and round features.

His suit is very boxy, looking somewhat like what a robot would like in bad sci fi movie in the 50's. Always has a pair of long yellow goggles.

Short Biography:

Char-Lton did not stand out at all in his homeworld from a early age on. He was an average Kree, working an average job supervising an engineering crew on a Kree Battleship. Like most Kree battleships commissioned at that time, it was used to hold Skrull intruders out their system, and little else. Unlike most it saw little action. This suited Char-Lton fine. He was far from one would call brave, let alone a war monger. The less action he saw the better.

Life always is a prankster until the very end though. Luckily the joke was that of cruel one either. In fact in the long run, even System Shock would say it was to his benefit. When a Skrull Stealth Ship opened fire on his battleship, a freak reaction occurred separating the Kree from his body temporarily. When Char-Lton returned to it, he found out he could separate from it at will, and in his "Astral" form gain new exciting powers. When his Ship fended off the attack, and he told his superiors about his new found abilities, he was sent to the front lines of the war.

Until his capture he regretted ever mentioning his powers, when finally captured by the Skrull regret does not come close to describing the self pity he felt for himself. The very same Skrull ship that held him captive was later re-assigned to aide with the Earth invasion, so it was only to mild surprise he found himself rescued by Earthlings. On Earth, Char-Lton made a small fortune thanks to the advanced skills the Kree had in engineering and Earth's relative lack of technology. However, he still owned Fury, and pay back is tough to say the least.

Anything else you?d like to add: He is doing this for Fury alone, and no one else. If Fury where to die or resign from the team, Char-Lton would call it quits. This is way of repaying him, nothing more.

21. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Susano-o
    Control Room

When the door to the control room finally slid open, Susano-o wasn't surprised to see that it was Fury who stepped in first. Of course the socialites in the briefing room wouldn't be here so soon. During a briefing was no time to suddenly decide to get to know each other, that could well be accomplished after the mission. One's mind should be entirely focused on the objective at hand. A wandering mind would get someone killed.

He already knew most saw him as hard to approach. They attributed his status as a kami to what they know of Japan and of their own ideas of gods. It was to be expected. What they had to learn, however, was that while he could not sympathize with mortals, he was not always a warrior. But, once again, all that could wait until after the mission. His mind must be focused on wherever Fury was sending them.

TAG: anyone.

22. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Control room

Deciing to give up on making conversation, Isi got up and went to the control room where Fury was waiting. She nodded politely as she came throguh the door.
    "Sir."
    She then walked and took a place Susano-o, giving a small bow of greeting to the other team member. She'd read a bit about the kami when she joined the team and she didn't see too much difference between kami and the spirits depicted in her mother's culture. Either way, she knew what to respect.
    She turned bacl to face Fury, waiting for orders.

TAG: any

23. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Nick Fury
    Control Room
    0600 hours

Watching his new team file into the room, Fury pulled a cigar out from inside his trench coat and lit it. Luckily there were some specially made vents and air ducts designed to pull the smokey air out of the underground base. That, of course, allowed Fury to continue his bad habit.

With the cigar hanging out of the corner of his mouth, he spoke. "Alright, everybody." He pointed to the large screen behind him. "These are shots of the two locations where the S.H.I.E.L.D. bases are hidden. You'll each need to grab one of those," he continued, pointed to a table with specially designed flash drives laid out across it. "Once you get to the main console, plug in any one of those flash drives and it will automatically download the encrypted data."

The picture on the screen enlarged the Central American image showing the front of an Aztec temple. "This is located in Tenochtitlan...in other words, Mexico. Blink, Echo, Reticle, Flashback, Oghma, Spectrum, and Trickster will be heading there." He turned to see the Mexico image shrink and the Antarctic image enlarge. All it showed was a small bunker covered in snow and ice. "Antarctica. Cryptologist, Degree, Enigma, Gearhead, Phantom, Susano-o, and Walker will be teleported there."

The screen's then shifted one more time, this time back to the split-screen image of the two locations. "I will be doing my best to shut down whatever security hazards you encounter. I'll be monitoring both missions simultaneously from this room. But because of the way the old S.H.I.E.L.D. bases were built, I can't teleport you back until you're out in the open. Which also means that I can't teleport you directly into the bases."

He looked across the room to a large circular pad on the floor. It was the teleportation device. Fury puffed on his cigar, then added, "Unless there are any more questions, it's time to head out." He had his hand on the computer console, ready to hit the button and activate the pad.

TAG: ALL Secret Warriors...

24. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    IC: Kyle Savant
    Control Room; 0600 hours
    Kyle's heart sank a bit when Fury revealed that he and Blink would be going on separate assignments. He was warming up to her, but now they had to go their own separate ways. Oh well, it'd have to wait.

"Guess I'll see you later then," Kyle told Blaire. Before he walked to the large teleportation device on the floor, he said, "By the way, you have awesome eyes." And he stood on the circular pad, and waited.

Tag: Dubya_Scott, BultarSwan

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Arnold Rosencrantz, alias Flashback and Will Guildenstern, alias Cryptologist
    Control Room; 0600 hours

"Well, whaddayaknow, Seamus, seems that we're on the same team," Arnold commented with a grin. "Mexico, eh? I once visited a future where Mexico took over the whole of this continent. Pretty interesting development, actually, never seen it since." He strolled over to the teleportation device. "Well, then, it's a bit overdone for the time traveling lot, but allons-y!"

Will's feelings were a bit more mixed. Sure, he got to stay with Ms. Kibaki, but Seamus... Seamus was going to Mexico. That little... "Have fun in the tropics, Seamus," Will said, as he strolled past his friend. "And, hey, don't get yourself killed, alright?"

He stepped onto the transporter pad. "And I suppose that goes for you as well, Mr. Rosencrantz."

Arnold turned to face the polyglot. "Likewise, Will. Hey, did you ever realize what our names work out to?"

"Shakespeare, right. Let's hope we don't live up to our namesakes."

"How'd they end up, again?"

"Dead."

TAG: Chuk, DarthMessiah, Dubya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.