main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seeing "Ice Age" in Digital?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JarJarJedi, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Hey, I just read on TF.N that someone saw Ice Age in digital and they loved it. They also saw the "Clone War" trailer, and it was crystal clear, since that is how Lucas wanted us to see it.

Looking at the DLP main page, I see no listing for Ice Age in digital. Can someone call the Cinemark and see if it is playing in digital there?

I had just done a speech on Thursday about digital movies, and I really want to see one. :)

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I agree that digital projection is the way of the future, and that it ought to be way cool, but like I said at the meeting, go to see the movie for the movie it is! Not for the projection system it's on! I could care less how AOTC is going to be projected as long as I get to see it opening day, although digital projection would totally own.

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    My family went to see "Ice Age" yesterday at the Valleyview, and we caught it on the digital projection screen. And the "Clone Wars" trailer was one of the trailers shown. I can't wait to see AotC in digital projection, the quality of the image on the screen is amazing. "Ice Age" was great!!! (I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a long time)

But Random is right, seeing AotC at all is more important then what kind of screen you're watching it on. The real selling point for digital is going to be the durability of the movie; after a couple weeks the print will look and sound just as good as opening day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.