main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY September meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Hi all.

Great meeting you newbies on Sunday. I hope Jack-Boot and I were able to give you some ideas for upcoming costumes and prop building.

It was decided at this months meeting to meet every month on the secong Sunday of the month at Barns and Nobles on the Vestal parkway. That means the next meeting will be:-

SUNDAY 10th SEPTEMBER 2006 - BARNES AND NOBLES< VESTAL PARKWAY AT 12:00 MIDDAY.

If you think you know someone that would like to join us please let us know here so we can accomodate them.

Karate-Jedi

2. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jem-Kerr-Lodemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    It was a great meeting. I enjoyed meeting you all. I came away with so many ideas..lol. My family now officialy thinks I'm mad...;) I can't wait til the weekend when I really have time to do things. I hope to have some items for the next meeting...grins. at least a first attempt anyway on a lightsaber and blasetr...lol. I"ve already spoken to my friends at work...one is definately intrested in joining. His home pc is not working so he can't get to the boards, so he may just come with me next month if that's ok??

3. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    That is great the more the better.

If you need any help or recommendations let us know.
    -c

4. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Well, I came home with a million and one ideas yesterday and was really excited. So excited, that I have started to work on my own bowcaster :) and I've found most of the materials already in my house. Cool, cheapness is always awesome when I can afford it. LOL! Anyway, look forward to the next meeting and I may bring some of my stuff as well. Maybe even a "close to finish" bowcaster and my Bubba Fett helmet. I'm glad we could all meet and I think this may be the beginning of something bigger (I hope).

Thanks,
    Bob

5. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I started on a new bowcaster over the weekend as well. This one is for M so, don't tell Her Jack-Boot. I am hopeing to have it done for xmas. A little prezzy she will like.

I am glad every one had a good time. I know JB and I did.

6. jackboot

jackboot Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    WOW!
    Thank you KJ
    That is very kind of you to do. She will love it.

Yah,
    We had a great time and I hope you did too.
    (can?t wait till next time.)

7. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jul 30, 2006
    :confused:I seem to be having trouble locating that book you brought to the meeting. Wasn't it a visual guide to a specific movie??? OOO I spent hours on book sites trying to locate them...damn it!! lol.

8. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Try amazon.com You are looking for the Star Wars Dictionary. There are 3 of them with a new one for all 6 movies coming out later in September.

9. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jul 30, 2006
    [face_dancing] Found them!! Going to get them next week...thank you JB

10. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Ok Everyone. A heads up on this months meeting.

Barnes nad Noble at 12,oo on Sunday the 10th of September.

Charles and I have been meeting the last couple of weeks about doing a Fan Film. Currently working on workable props.

Who's in for this?

KJ

11. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Don't forget we have an event here in the Rochester area on the 9thLivonia Festival & you all are welcome to join us. Let us know if you are coming so we can get you directions to our meetup

12. mrgr8ness

mrgr8ness Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2005
    No can do for me. I will be on a trip to NYC for the Mets game.=D=

13. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jul 30, 2006
    [face_praying] I may be late on Sunday to the meeting guys. I will try to not be to late. I can't help it...lol. I may have to go out of town tomorrow.

14. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    I'll be at the meeting. Maybe a few minutes late, but I'm going to bring my Buba helmet and the parts of my bowcaster with me.

:)

15. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Not a problem. We will be there.

KJ

16. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    *sighs*.... sure sure sure, you wait until you have a chapter in bingo to do a fanfilm.. *shakes head* ;)

17. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.