main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Serious Business - Let's Play Some Games Online

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Murder_Sandwhich, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    You haven't changed your avatar yet, Sammich. I think a screenie from that blueprint would be best.

2. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I can think of at least five words personally...

NUM,num,num,num,num.

3. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Not since the Dwarven Bread Wars of the Discworld has a sandwich been so tactically important :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

4. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Getting the Pyro's Makin' Bacon achievement is gonna be a breeze with this new update :D

5. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ...the spies are having a field day, too.

6. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Has anyone tried the new Arena maps yet? I was going to have a look-see earlier but the only ones with low ping were empty :confused:

Perhaps it was too early in the afternoon.

7. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm going to venture in tonight to see how skewed the ratio of classes is, and at least peek at the new stuff, even if I don't stick around for very long.

8. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Very skewed. Nothin' but Heavies and Medics last night, and the servers were full well into the wee hours of the morning. However, switch to a spy or a sniper and you'll rack up a gruesome kill score due to the target rich environment.

I played a lot of Bad Water last night, and it's interesting, with lots of choke points and the like, and the balance went backwards and forwards quite a bit. Looking forward to hitting it with the Serious Businessmen.

I managed to nab a couple more Medic Achievements last night as well, though none of the Heavy ones. It was weird, the entire server sounding like a LOLCats meme, with multiple large Russian men "nom-nom-noming" before the game started.

Also, I note that the only achievements I don't have from the original run are the two defence based ones. That's my goal for the next Serious Business Live.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

9. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well after Serious Business Monday (where I picked up Master Of Disguise and Friends Like These) the only one of the original achievements I don't have is Grey Matter. So maybe I will slip in a few minutes as Sniper tonight, just for that. ;)

10. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I have played the new PL map, and to me it's not bad, but it did terribly remind me of a Counterstrike map for some reason. I hope I don't have that feeling next time I play it.

From what I've seen there's a fair balance of classes, but I guess it depends on the server/crodw/time of day.
    Spies are definately more frequent.

11. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I'm almost embarrassed to say this, but I just had a really good time playing Sniper. I got to see Badwater Basin (which is really cool, and I like it a lot more than Goldrush thus far, much better momentum to it), and after getting Grey Matter I now have every one of the original batch of TF2 achievements. [face_dancing]

Might try and slip in some Arena games, before I go to bed, but first, off to watch Meet The Sniper again...

12. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Embarrassed?? Ah jeez, I've been telling you it's been fun for ages. Don't let the stigma of the general class of misanthrope that plays Sniper ruin it for ya; or worse, don't let VG cats ruin it! :p

Like I said, shooting Scouts out of the air is a great way to pass the time and relieve stress.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

13. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    VG Cats can't ruin it for me. All I have to do is watch Meet The Sniper.

"Professionals have standards. Be polite. Be efficient. And have a plan to kill everyone you meet..."

:D

14. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    [image=http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg220/ncc77523/QldFF/cp_dustbowl0056.jpg]

15. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Arena (on the maps I know), feels like the first minute of a cp map, where there is a scramble to hit them at a choke point. Medics and Spies seem essential. On non-established maps, I really dunno how to describe it yet.

16. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Anyone that disliked spies on normal maps, will now hate them with a vengeance on Arena maps. A good spy can almost guarantee a win on a map like lumberyard. Atleast thats how it went down when I played that map.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the Heavy update, for the simple reason that Valve have made the achievements take longer to achieve. A lot of the people who played Medic and Pyro for their updates have given up on the Heavy because its taking them too long to get anywhere, so rather than a whole team of Heavies, you only have 3 or 4. :)

P.S. Getting Show Trial was so much fun, and about an hour later I got OMGWTFBBQ [face_dancing]

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Nice one Sabre. :D You joining us for Serious Business Monday tonight?

18. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    You bet! Been gearing myself up for it all weekend, hopefully I can get the first Heavy upgrade tonight as well.

Will try and get DV in on the serious business as well, shouldnt be too hard ;)

19. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    You guys better believe I'm ready for Business tonight. I've been away and I've been hankering for some sandwiches.

and today it's TF2's first birthday :D, and it's just past the groups 1st birthday! Even more reason to kill people on the internet :D

20. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Heh, would you look at that - time sure flies when you're blowing stuff up :D

I almost feel like making a SB birthday thread :p

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I have updated tonight's event name: Serious Business Monday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUSINESS!

22. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    TF2 came out in August? I was thinking September for some reason :confused:

Oh well, Serious Birthday Business it is!

23. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Serious Business was a bunch of fun last night - well, I at least had a lot of fun playing Engineer. Those were the best times. Sorry for mowing you all down. [face_whistling]

24. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Battle report -

Monday, August 25th - Happy Birthday Business

:mad: DAMN YOU DUCHESS. That was excellent sentry placement on Dustbowl. Close enough to shoot anybody moving for the point. Far away enough to make most fire ineffective.

We got stomped on at Goldrush again :s . It always seems we end up with the lesser of the two teams on that map. At one point we had 4 medics (none of which who were BBN :p) and they couldn't get a bloody uber up.

Ah well. All of the other maps were good. We just need to find another server that has Badwater on earlier.

Edit - I've gone ahead and invited 2 new people into the Steam Community group, because they play with enough that they might as well be. So, welcome to Death Jester and Avenger who both should be coming to Why So Serious Business.

25. Asha-Morgan

Asha-Morgan Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2008
    awww no love for Dr. Soup XP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.