main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sex

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by FlareStorm, Dec 31, 2011.

1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    How do you do it mechanically in RPGs?

I base it on Charisma/personality/presence stat. You can make an argument for dexterity, strength, health, constitution. But I would rather keep it a basic skill roll. Charisma sums it up ok for me

How about a target number? What is the difficulty for pleasing your partner? I usually do a flat 10 on the d20 scale, roll a 15 is awesome sex, 20 is the best (21+ hasn't come up yet)

If you please your partner, its a +1 to all interactive rolls, and rolls for aiding each other for a day. So if you please your partner and they please you its +2. Easily abused, so its for the first couple of times

Yeah I know about the couple of published supplements, and the internet rpg guide to sex. Not looking for that much detail (don't need sexual feats and stuff), just how other people would handle in a die roll or two

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Eh, I pretty much just leave it up to roleplay. There might be a Cha roll, but if I leave it up to the dice, with my friends, it can quickly devolve into that old "roll the dice to see if I'm getting drunk" bit :p

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I have nothing to add besides please keep this clean.

FairLili likes this.
  4. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I think the closest thing to cover this is the skill persuasion: seduction. And I think that skill first appeared for Ta'a Chume in Cracken's Threat Dossier.

5. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Role-play it Romeo.

I sometimes throw in a stamina roll or constitution-based roll for delivering satisfaction or repeat performances.

But you know, there are lots of STDs out there...
    And the wild die/oh #^$@ die/D'OH die is not your friend in such situations

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The classic d20 Book of Erotic Fantasy had some very simple seduction and sexual encounter mechanics that I've adapted whenever I've felt it was really necessary to the character or the storyline (basically an untrained skill modified by Charisma, so more or less what Flare uses). Otherwise, and even though my campaigns usually feature a liberal amount of sensuality, I rarely find the need to roll any dice.

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    yeah it had a handy table. Based on an extra skill (Seduction or something). I just used Bluff

James Bond RPG had some pretty slick seduction rules, it was kind of like 4e's skill challenges as in it was a process to go through the levels. But not as arbitrary with the DCs

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Good call. Last time I handled a seduction scene, I designed a skill challenge around it. Works better than a simple roll, IMO.

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Funny, because last time I tried to seduce someone IC I tried charme and rolled nothing and it worked out, too. :p