main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Shattered Remnants (Obi/Qui one shot. Back story to It is Not Tomorrow Yet)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The1stJediPrincess, Jan 11, 2012.

1. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    This is a back story from my Holiday Fic-Gift It is Not Tomorrow Yet Which I wrote for LillyHobbitJedi.

Shira_Adolo recommended expanding on the story a bit, so here is the back story.

Hope you like!

Shattered Remnants

Fourteen year old Obi-Wan Kenobi sat in the Healer?s Ward of the huge Republic ship. He practiced making a fist with his right hand, and while it was a little tight, the horrific burns that had covered his hand were all but gone. Next to him was a destroyed lightsaber hilt holding the shattered remnants of a focusing crystal. He shuddered at the mission that had gone dreadfully wrong.

Qui-Gon had accepted him back as his apprentice. The master?s obsession with his former apprentice, Xanatos, had sent the newly reunited master/padawan team all over the galaxy on a wild bantha chase.

It was a chase that Obi-Wan was grateful to be a part of, and he was thankful to have Qui-Gon as a master again. As Yoda said to the both of them, ?Sing around this master/padawan relationship, the Force does. Honor it you will.?

Obi-Wan was willing to follow Qui-Gon around the galaxy and beyond if the Force called for it. He was also willing to lay down his life for his teacher. Yesterday, he came very close to doing just that. Qui-Gon had been angry at him for risking his life, but Qui-Gon was alive and that made it worth it all. Somehow the young teen even managed to survive, much to Xanatos? anger.

Two days earlier?

?Qui-Gon,? the hologram of Mace Windu began, ?We have word that Xanatos is on Malastare. We have dispatched several teams of Jedi to assist you.?

?We are hours away, Obi-Wan and I will leave immediately.? Qui-Gon said.

Yoda?s ears perked, ?Careful you will be Qui-Gon. Learn to walk first you must.?

Qui-Gon did a slight bow of respect before he continued, ?It will take the Jedi teams at least a day to get to Malastare. We cannot take a chance of Xanatos escaping again.?

Mace nodded, ?Do what you must, Qui-Gon. Keep the Council informed at all times.?

The hologram ended and Qui-Gon turned to his student.

?I know you were hoping for a short break,? Qui-Gon said to his padawan.

?It?s alright Master,? Obi-Wan told him truthfully. ?I understand that Xanatos is a threat and must be arrested. I only hope that I do your training honor.?

Qui-Gon cocked his head at the statement. Obi-Wan had been very quiet in the months since he had been reinstated as a padawan. Qui-Gon had meant to talk to him about his recent low self esteem, but as fate would have it, had not had the chance yet.

?Obi-Wan,? the master gently said, ?I am proud of you. I?m sorry that I have not taken the time to tell you.?

The boy shrugged, ?It?s alright, Master. I know you have been preoccupied with duty, and you do not have time to pamper an immature apprentice. I vow to do better.?

Qui-Gon?s heart constricted. It was so much like Obi-Wan to apologize for his Master?s shortcomings as his own. ?You have nothing to be sorry for, my Padawan. Your performance has been impeccable.?

Obi-Wan blushed at his Master?s compliments and quietly said, ?Thank you, Master.?

Qui-Gon knew he would need to take Obi-Wan out of the field for at least a month when this mission was over. He needed to concentrate on restoring the boy?s confidence in himself, as well as faith in their relationship. Sadly, now was not the time.

The twelve hours that followed had been a blur. Qui-Gon should have known that Xanatos would be waiting from them. The confrontation came in an ancient arena in a remote area.

?Master,? Xanatos called out gleefully. ?You are getting sloppy with your old age.?

Qui-Gon simply responded, ?It ends here, Xanatos. Your crimes against the galaxy will not go unpunished.? The master turned to Obi-Wan, ?Return to the ship, contact the Council. Find out the ETA of our fellow Jedi.?

Obi-Wan?s first reaction was to argue, but quickly buried those emot

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah...a new story and such a nice one. I [face_love]

Will you ever go back to your Qui diary or your other story? Please. [face_praying]

3. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Thanks Val. [:D] As for my other stories. Yes, I'm working on them now as we speak. My muse had taken a small vacation. [face_tired] Look for updates in all three in the next few days. ;)

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I hope so. My muse took a nose dive, too, and maybe your diary entry will stimulate mine. I haven't written anything in 2-3 months.

Oh, and by the way, if you'd rather I not continue responding to your diaries, just let me know...I'm trying not to cramp your planned storyline so I just react to what you've posted. Or, of course, you can just continue to overlook my scribbling since I don't think you've read the last year or so of entries. ;) [face_mischief]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A nice story with Obi and Qui

Love it

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Muses need a boost...I wonder where we can get one from?

I like how Qui-Gon realises that Obi-Wan is more important than Xanatos and they are talking through their problems.

Excellent to have another story posted.=D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there! Cozy and snuggy stuff. [:D] [:D] Touching candid dialogue too.

When it comes to MIA muses, LOL I've learned two things first of all.

1. Nothing sparks them better than updates from your favorite authors continuing their own stories [face_laugh] and 2. Authors who think they're rusty never are :* :* !!!!

I'd love PM notices when your great Obi-Wan diary starts up again as well as continuing to get one for the Obi/Siri tale in the Saga. @};-

8. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Loved the building and healing relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. You really showed Obi-Wan's insecurities well, and I loved Qui-Gon's wisdom when he talked to him.

Great story...=D=

I also look forward to Qui's diary being updated finally. Not to mention updates on other stories (by authors who shall not be named) that haven't been touched in a while...

Ah-hem - Val? [face_whistling] :D

9. littleobiwankenobi

littleobiwankenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2009
    [:D]thanks for the wonderful story[:D]