main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sheath, Jedi teachings???

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Master-Omaj-Kadub, Jul 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manifest

Manifest Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2001
    If you want your answer...

Come with me.

But why bother with these teachings of light...

when you can fancy other sides of the Force?

2. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    I have a teacher, thank you.

3. sethworld

sethworld Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    The force should be used for guidance and strength. One should not let it control them.

4. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    What would happen if one let the force take complete control?

5. The_Grey_and_White

The_Grey_and_White Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2001
    (The old man stirs, raises his staff, and turns to face the seated Jedi and others debating)
    The Force does not control you. It is not a nursemaid.
    In response to your question, Nord, I trained the first Jedi.
    (Gazes into the fire, seeing far away times and places.)

6. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Greetings Jedi,

I see that Master Kadub has yet to journey here to day...

I hope you all have been in meditation as I have...

7. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    I am dissappointed that more do not post here...

I have a question for you all to meditate on...

Is it right to strike down one who has murdered millions in cold blood? Do you trust him even after he has been redeemed?

8. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    Since no Jedi has posted here, I shall continue to post to keep the thread alive...

Which is the greater glory in the force??

Being the hero?

The hero's right hand man?

9. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001

"Is it right to strike down one who has murdered millions in cold blood? Do you trust him even after he has been redeemed?"

-- Absolutely not. And if the person is redeemed- lend your trust. Afterall, they are trustworthy if they are redeemed.

"Which is the greater glory in the force??

Being the hero?

The hero's right hand man?"

--Who cares? As long as the good deed is done. The glory resides in the fact that light over-powered the dark and all may be well for a moment.

10. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    good answers...the first being obvious, second being easy.

The third...however....I think you should think on somemore...yes if the deed is done, the glory be the lightside.

What position is more dangerous...the hero? the right hand man?

11. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    It could be either. The hero is expected to live to triumph over the villain, but in the fight between good and evil, there are no rules--hence, the hero may die anyways. Plus, it would be the goal of the villain to destroy the hero before he/she succeeds.

As for the right-hand person, the risks are just as high because they try to help the hero-- hence the villain hates them too.

:)

12. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    just passing on a message but, master omaj kadub said that hes having some trouble accessing several websites at his work and he's currently fixing the one at his home. so he told me to tell you that he wont be here for awhile..later

13. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Thanks for the message, Ben. :) Have a cookie to take on your journey back.

14. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    sure why not? :p

15. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Great... so now what? Well, I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting anxious for his return. :) This place feels colder without him. :)

16. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    I hope Master Kadub is pleased that I have acheived the status of Jedi Knight...

17. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    We seem too focused on the many sides and shades of the Force when we need to focus on the Force as a whole. By breaking it down into Light, Shadow, Dark, Cosmic, and Living, we take away from the whole.

To understand the Force, you must let go of your expectations, your fears, your hopes, your dreams, your nightmares, and look at the Force as one thing. You must forget light and dark and let the Force simply 'be.'

I find that some people come to learn of the Force to be a part of some grand thing that will be remembered for ages. But to truely be in the service of the Force, you must hold the needs of others at the same regard as your own. You must be prepared to die in pain and silence to save one person. No books about you, no movies, no parades, no memories, nothing. You must be prepared to lay down your life for anyone and then drift away like sand in the wind.

The Force can have many names and faces, but when it comes down to it, are they really important? What is a name? It's a shell for something far greater. When we start naming, classifing, coping, and separating we become dependant on shells. We have broken down the Force so much that we can't see it for what it is. It is a simple thing that transends time and space, mind and body. It gives insight and power in equal measure.

To bring this all together without long winded rhetoric is that we need to stop thinking of the Force in pieces. The Force 'is.' Dark, Light, Shadow, Cosmic, Living. . . they are how you use the Force and why, not what it is. If we take out terms like "Light Side" and "Dark Side" we get something much simpler:

If you use the Force for aggresion you probably will continue to use the Force for aggression and become dependant on aggression in you life. If you use the Force to help others and enlighten yourself you will probably continue to do so. What you do becomes habitual.

So I ask you a question. . . If it is the will of the Force to destroy, do you?

18. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    It is never the true will of the force to destroy. The will of the DARKSIDE is always to destroy and bring chaos. BUT, to trust your voice of reason...the LIGHTSIDE....shall bring another way...One that never advocates death and destruction.

19. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    And if you must kill someone to save others, do you? If an evil person were to attack innocent beings and the only way to stop him were to kill him, would you? If it is the Will of the Force that the evil person be stopped, do you?

And what about the smallest of things? A fly. Would you swat it if it became bothersome? A wasp. Would you kill it to prevent you or others pain?

If it is the true will of the Force to preserve life, how can that be done without destroying life? If no one ever fought back the world would be ruled by powers of evil. How can we build a house without cutting down a tree?

And what of the insane? Their voice of reason may say to kill the innocent. They are following their voice of reason, but are they following the voice of the Force? No.

Light Side and Dark Side, they are only terms to describe how the Force is used, not what the Force is. The Force simply IS. It can't be broken down into Light and Dark, Cosmic and Living. We need to set aside these terms and think of the Force as a whole, let the Force be.

I will try to illustrate:

[The Force]--->Force User--->How the user uses the Force---> Effect(Light,Dark,etc)

Now we can fill in these blanks and see:

[The Force]--->DS5--->Absorbes a blaster bolt with the Force---> Saves innocent life(Light)

[The Force]--->Darth Vader--->Absorbes a blaster bolt with the Force---> Uses energy to kill many people surronding him(Dark)

So you see, it is not just how we use the Force that determines Light and Dark, but also why we use the Force.

Another example:

[The Force]--->DS5--->Probes the Force for understanding and enlightenment---> Gives DS5 a greater understanding of himself and the Force(Light)

[The Force]--->Darth Vader---.Probes the Force to find ways to use it more to his liking---> Allows Vader to use the Force in horrible ways, killing many(Dark)

Now, I must leave for a time. Good bye.

20. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    And what of a user who uses the Dark Side for the greater good? By your logic, DS5:

[The Force]--->DA--->Probes the Force to judge a persons response to certain stimulus---> Gives DA a greater understanding of the user and the Force(????)

My motive is selfish, true, but may serve to protect innocents and, therein, the greater good.

What say you?

21. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    No matter what the result, the ends NEVER justify the means. All the good will be erased if you are lost to the DARKSIDE, for then you will do twice as many evil deeds as you did good.

22. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    No. You do not understand anything I have been trying to teach you. This isn't about Light and Dark it's about the Force, and letting it be. What determines Dark and Light is how and why you use the Force. My first examples we ones of why, the second of how. The core of the examples was to show that the Dark Side and Light Side don't reside in the Force but within our selves and our actions.

23. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Booster, you make as little sense as your Master. Your vilification of the Dark Side shows your ignorance. [face_plain]

I understand what DS5 is getting at now. If you look at the Force as not hopelessly factured into Light and Dark, then the use of the Force is subjective to every user.

Then would not every user be responsible for their own code of conduct, since every user will use the Force to their ends and to different extents?

24. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Soggy-Ben Doggy Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 9, 1999
    The Force is neither good nor evil -- it simply is. It is the one who wields it, who determines whether it's usage is good or bad. Therefore, each person is responsible for their own actions and choices.

If the Force was fractured and divided into Light and Dark, and once you've tasted the dark side, there's no return -- then Vader, could not have made the choice to redeem himself.

25. BOOSTERERRANT

Dec 16, 2000
    DA, this is a place of learning, which is why I am here....do not insult me and my will to learn. There is much I will learn, and making mistakes and being wrong is a way to learn as well. In other words....shut up. lol

DS5, I do agree with you to a certain extent. I refuse to beleive that the force just IS. Otherwise, the pure-of-heart would'nt be tempted to start down the dark path.

Explain if the force just is...then how can one be "tempted to the darkside."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.