main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Shooting Stars: The Astronaut RPG

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jedi Gunny, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    *Incoming E-Mail*

Dear ___,

You have been selected by your peers to attend the SpaceRaider Academy, a top-notch spaceflight school for the select elite. This is an honor not granted to ordinary people; you must show courage, fortitude under perilous situations and craftiness to succeed in the rigorous programs at the Academy and in actual missions to outer space.

In order to succeed, you must work together with your peers to overcome obstacles and complete your objectives. Remember; some will wash out, and only the best will overcome the rigors of the testing to become the elite of SpaceRaider.

Are you good enough to become a SpaceRaider graduate?

*End Message*

Welcome to Shooting Stars: The Astronaut RPG, set in about 40 years after modern time. In this game, players will take control of characters accepted to the SpaceRaider Academy, the top-notch flight school for the best space pilots. Your characters will go through a series of tests during the course of the game that will determine if they will graduate the Academy or fly on home.

Taking On The Academy:

You can either play as an astronaut or a technician/scientist at the Academy. Astronauts will be subject to the tests that the technicians/scientists devise, and will have to impress in order to prove their mettle.

Character Sheets:
    Astronaut/Scientist/Technician:

Name:
    Alias (if any):
    Weight:
    Nationality:
    Skin Color:
    Hair Color:
    Accessories:
    General Description:
    Personality:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Bio:

Academy Rules:

1. PM All Character Sheets to me for approval. DO NOT skip this step, because you will not be allowed to play if you ignore this.

2. No God-Moding. Humans have limitations, so don't give them super-strength or x-ray vision. Those things belong in a Superhero RPG, not this one.

3. GM's word is law. I have the final say on decisions, so don't start complaining that I made a bad judgement. It is possible to do well in the RP with a bad training mission, and bad outings are common, so just keep your cool and let things continue.

4. Each Player may only play as One Character in the game unless under special circumstances. If you want to play as an Astronaut and a Technician, please PM me for approval for having two characters.

5. As this is an elite school, up to 8 players can play at any one time. If more players send in Character Sheets, then some players will be turned away. However, if this case does arise, then there will be a Reserves list.

6. Respect each other. If you have a disagreement in the game, don't take it personally. We all want to have a good time, so don't start a board grudge against someone because they did better than you did.

7. DO NOT SWEAR. "Damn", "Hell" and "Crap" are the only profane words that you can use, so don't go beyond these three. Violators will be warned, or thrown out and banned from the game for a serious offense.

8. Keep OOC Comments to a minimum if at all possible. Use PM if you really need to discuss something with another player or me.

9. Have Fun!

And remember; Welcome to the SpaceRaider Academy!

St. Edit: Locked at author's request.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Any takers for this game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.