main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Should TCW be changed to an hour long format?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Convor, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    Now that we're seeing mostly three and four part arcs, would it make sense to extend each episode to an hour long? I feel like it would alleviate the problem of stories being artificially chopped up and stretched out over each month.

And with the show switching networks anyway, now could be a good time to switch things up.

QuangoFett, Dark-Fox and Seerow like this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I would like hour long episodes of TCW which could help with some of the pacing problems in episodes. Many of the four part arcs, particularly the Rako Hardeen one work much better when watched all at once. They would benefit from being long two parters.

fistofan1 and Darth_Kiryan like this.
  3. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I would love 1 hour of new Star Wars entertainment every week. :D

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes it should

5. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Good call Convor. Twenty-odd minutes a week just isn't enough Star Wars for me.

Actually, on that point why did they rigidly stick with the current show lengths for so long? Watching some of the Blu-Ray extras over the years makes it clear that fitting a story into that time slot can be very challenging. The season four episode A Friend In Need is a good example considering the potential repercussions; to think what they could have achieved with more time.

6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    A one hour should would be beneficial, especially on the longer story arcs.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    One hour could make some of the more rushed episodes of this series a little better.

But several one hour episodes of Umbara or the Hardeen arc - HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Some arcs did not end fast enough. Others had potential for more stuff in them.

8. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    I don't think my senses could handle that =P~

9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    :D

Indeed. There have been episodes like Children of the Force that could have used this format to good use.

Like we visited almost 6 different locations and 22 minutes was not enough to enjoy all of them to the fullest. I would have loved if there was a fun 1-2 minute chase through the newly designed Rodia. I love Rodia and the music of Rodia is awesome. Bulgarian vocals FTW!

Or... an episode like A friend in need - even if I am not the hugest fan - could have used this to explore the whole situation on Carlac better.

Or...Trespass - the episode was perfection but it could be awesome to see an hour long version of those awesome events on Orto Plutonia.

Or... CAT AND MOUSE. An hour of ADMIRAL TRENCH - YES, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    LFA have already set themselves to the format of 22 minute episodes and it will be hard to change that. However, I agree completely with the point that the arcs are being dragged out too long sometimes. If it's something that is genuinely exciting like Umbara or the Hardeen arc, there's little problem with a four week spread. If it's something less slick, then the arc can risk becoming too much of a chore to watch week after week.

I think a few arcs should have two of their episodes combined together into a 40 minute/1 hour broadcast. The Water War arc of S4 would have been unbearable stretched out over three weeks, but since it only took two weeks to be over and done with, it was far more reasonable to take in. Some other arcs should be consolidated like this.

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    It depends on the story. I could see an hour-long format improving the pacing of many episodes, but it could also needlessly drag episodes out. Personally, I would like the crew to produce the episodes without time constraints. The version aired on TV would be edited down to 22 minutes, but the version online and on DVD would last 45 minutes or so.

13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Ummm, no.

But, I would make an exception for an hour special, one where Dooku gets crushed by Talzin again.:p
    I was VERY entertained by that.

14. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'd be in favour of hour long episodes of 'Clone Wars' :)

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    As it is TCW should do more hour long specials and an occasional for TV movie with these long arcs. I would still just love to see Umbara edited together on an IMAX screen. Sign me up. =b

16. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    They should release an arc from each season on the big screen starting with S4 IMO. They are wayyyyyyyy better than the original movie.

Seerow likes this.
  17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I'd love to see that on the BIG Screen... but only at a Dollar-Theater.:p

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    $1 wouldn't be IMAX bro. =b

19. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    If there would be 22 1 hour episodes each season I would like that.

Seerow likes this.
  20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Seerow
    I didn't say IMAX, I said BIG screen /dollar theater for a reason....
    I hate IMAX.:p

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Why? Your probably doing it wrong and sitting to close. =b

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    If there would be 44-minute episodes instead of 22-minute ones, that would be great, but it wouldn't happen since I'm sure they want to keep the 22-minute format.

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    What kind of IMAX don't you like? The fake 3D digital "IMAX" cinemas or the real 15/70 IMAX? :p I'd watch some of these episodes at a true IMAX theater. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seerow likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh... what about TCW episodes in 3D? I watched the Geonosis arc on my buddy's TV than can make stuff 3D. It was kinda cool for 3D.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  25. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Don't think this will economically smart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.