main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Signs of life?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Darth_Asabrush, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Has this forum died a death? There seems to be very little activity or am I just missing something? I used to log on all the time back in the day and have recently been popping in to see what's going on. It appears nothing :(

What happened?

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Don't ask me.
    There are plenty of UK posters, they just all seem to want to post in the JCC instead of here.

3. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I do check the FFUK on a daily basis, but rarely post as of recently

4. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    This is a shame. I wonder what can be done to entice FF-UKers (I hope this term hasn't been banned) back?

5. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    We have a facebook group and still have numerous meets a year (mainly at events like Collectormania), the main problem is getting people to post here or even think of topics.

I have discussed this matter with other CRs in the Admin area, it does seem to be a global FanForce issue since the end of the SW Saga in 2005.

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Yeah, it's a phenomenon not unique to FF-UKers (they will ban that word over my cold dead keyboard).

I don't think it is just the lack of new films. My belief is that it's due to the massive leap in social-networking. I speak to a lot of FF-UKers on Facebook, far moreso than on the boards.

7. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    I think you might be right Hal. I guess it was bound to happen (I left after the PT finished) but it would be nice to have a few more active posters. I was never one to meet up in person but I did always enjoy posting on here. I might even return on a regular basis if this place had a pulse ;)

btw, I'm glad that term still isn't banned :)

8. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Dead as a doornail

Shame really

I blame Labour/The Condems/The BNP etc.....

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Posters just moved to where it is more active.

Many of the popular active topics we have here - Football, Doctor Who etc - have versions in the JCC that have a lot more people posting in them. The American posters are the most active people on this site so the easiest way to get continuous discussion going is to post in the JCC, Arena, Senate and other such areas. There seems to be little here that we can add that isn't already being discussed.

As much as I prefer discussing things with UKers over US posters, at least when I post a reply in the JCC I can be pretty sure someone will reply to it.

It's a shame FFEurope is so dead, I'd like to see another event like CE so I can meet more members.

FFUK needs another Grand Day Out.

10. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I tend to stick to the JCC mostly whenever I can get onto the boards. Mostly because the place is the most active on the boards.

I'm never averse to seeing anyone IRL and having a few pints (like hal and I did last year)

11. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    So, FF-UKers don't tend to post on here because people don't post on here? IF we could manage to get people to pop by and post then maybe this place might become more active and grow again? Maybe we need highjacking by another FF.

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    The big problem I think is creating topics/threads people actually want to post in a lot.

Given that Doctor Who & Football threads are on the JCC as are most TV/movies discussions, the best bet is the random stuff we used to have like Tag or the Pub or the other stuff.

What was the thread where you had to do something about the person above you, then yourself, then the next poster?....

13. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Yeah, something like that would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.