main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SLC FF Meeting #2 Ideas???

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by allenj456, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Ok the first meeting was small but not unenthusiastic! Can't wait for more to join. So I guess we should open up the floor to ideas for the next one. An idea I had was maybe to find out which Toys R Us will be open at midnight that the toys go on sale and gather there. Any others?

2. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Yeah, a Toys R Us midnight meeting would be great. I can't think of anything else right now, but if I do, I will let you know.

3. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Toys go on sale at midnight at Toys R Us? I didn't know that. But then, I'm always asleep by midnight. I definitely couldn't make it to a midnight meeting, sorry. Maybe I'll get to the third meeting. :)

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I have work early in the mornings so midnight meetings at Toy's R us could be fun and I'd be willing to loose sleep over but I'd have to think more of it.

5. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Hi, I'm not yet a member of the SLC FF. I would like to join and help organize events and get involved. Let me know what to do and who to contact! Thanks,
    Sean Olson

6. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    Congratulations! youre a member (wasnt that easy!) Just keep looking here for upcoming events. Got ANY ideas feel free to post! A big welcome to ya!

7. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    I actually just realized that the toys wont be released till like April 2oth something. So I'm going to ask navaren (sp?) in the Provo chapter if we can join them for their Jedi Olympics. Maybe we can go as team Salt Lake and start a great rivalry! More later!

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    maybe if we meet up some place then drive down to Provo, we can count that as a meeting can't we? Okay it's just an idea, doesn't mean you have to give me that look you know. :p

9. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings SLC Fans,

Congratulations on having your first meeting! :cool:

Just a friendly word of advice from someone who's been through this before...

If you're planning on becoming an officially recognized FanForce, you need to make sure that you read the FAQ follow the guidelines.

The most important of these guidelines is...

3. [IMPORTANT]Your city group must plan and execute three events or activities and have advance notice of each posted on the FanForce Headlines/Main page...

When we were getting the Provo Fanforce started, our first meeting didn't count because we didn't notify our Fanforce rep to have it posted on the main Fanforce page.

To get a notice posted, send a PM to your RSA(Regional Support Administrator), Obey Wann, with all the details at least 10 days before your meeting. The notice will be posted on http://www.fanforce.net and in the TFN Newsletter. This will help attract more people to the group.

You've got a great start, just keep it up! ;)

Hope this helps,

10. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Jedi Olympics? I really should head over to the Provo thread and find out what it is, but would someone like to explain for now?

11. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    hey- re: Jedi Olympics- they said a few of the events: Lightsaber limbo, lightsaber fencing :-D (now I am the Master!, umm yoda races (im almost afraid to ask) and something else. If you go over to the Provo sector you'll see it.
    As far as travel, I do think it would be smart to carpool down and back- anyone else ok with that?
    RE: handyman- thanks for the heads up! I have been in contact with Obey Wann about the meetings. BTW- any idea on the Jedi outfit thing? (I asked ifyou'd be willing and able to make one for me and for how much?) Cheers!

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    So is our second meeting going to be the Olympics down in Provo?

13. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    sounds good to me if it's kosher with everone else?

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I like it, besides I was planning on going to the Olympics anyway. Had so much fun at the events I went to in Salt Lake that these ones are bound to be twice as much fun. :D

15. Darion_Blade

Darion_Blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2001
    Please email Darion@jeditalk.com
    When you know when the next meeting is I will get the whole Jedi Talk Crew down there.
    Thanks
    Darion Blade
    http://www.jeditalk.com

16. Mcily_Nochi

Sep 23, 2001
    Jedi Talk? I needa learn all these terms . . .

17. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    jedi talk is a new one on me too- course i havent been here long either. BUt cool- the more the merrier!

18. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings SLC,

You definitely want the JediTalk guys there. ;)

I've called into their show before. It's alot of fun! :D

Later,

19. CorranHorn242

Mar 18, 2002
    Hello,
    I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to make it to the olympics. I work until 7pm and I am without car, so... But I am very much interested in getting a meeting together. Let's brainstorm and hopefully we can come up with something of our own to do that everyone can attend.

Sean Olson
    "Jedi do not concern me.."

20. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    How would you guys feel about having a SW memrobelia (sp?) / toy show off party? Just get together at like Sugarhouse park and bring some Bantha Burgers and have a cookout or something and show off our collections? What ya'll think?

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I like the idea. Course I can't bring my entire collection in my little car. That would be like bringing in half my room. But I'll bring what I can.

22. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    so should we do this pre-olympic activity, or post-olympic activity? my preference is kinda post, but im flexible. Where's saberwielder????

23. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I say we do post because my days are booked until after the 30.

24. CorranHorn242

Mar 18, 2002
    Hey, I like the idea of the memorabilia/toy show-off party. Sounds like a plan to me. Let's hammer out the details if everybody else is hip to the idea.

25. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I'm still here Allen. I don't get much of a chance to post during the day since I am at work and they have cracked down on the internet usage, and my nights this week were pretty busy. I am not sure if I will be able to make it to the Jedi Olympics. When is it? As for the Collectable meeting, that sounds like alot of fun. I wouldn't be able to bring my whole collection, it is too big but I will bring my favorites, and probably a custom figure or two. All we need to figure out is when.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.