main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So... I Wanna Be A Star Wars Fanatic...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Section1Guy, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Section1Guy

Section1Guy Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2012
    Hey everyone,

I've always enjoyed the Star Wars films. I've seen all six before, the original trilogy more than once and Episode IV like 100 times. I've never delved deeper in the expanded universe though and with the idea that more films are coming out and possibly even more outside the nine "episodes" I really want to get into it. Novels, The Clone Wars, etc...

Pretend I'm a complete newb (because I am) and someone tell me where I should start my Star Wars fan-dom.

If I sound ridiculous with this, I'm sorry.

Red.Two likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Welcome to the boards!

There's the option of checking out the Literature forum and start sinking your teeth into some EU.

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Section1Guy! :)

Literature is a good start. There are tons of information and you can cover yourself with all existing SW books! In case you need help to find the way out again, you might want to check your local FanForce first. There you can find other SW fans from your area - sometimes they even to SW meetings. So fun is garanteed! :D

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome! I second the Literature recommendation and also encourage you to check out our television forum

5. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome!

I second all the recommendations, and want to also add that the Star Wars Films forum is also a good place to explore, since you have seen all the films! There's a lot of in depth analysis, and a bunch of assorted threads.

It's nice to have you here, and I hope you enjoy the boards! :)

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome to our humble home!

7. Jedi Chloe

Jedi Chloe Jedi Knight

Dec 5, 2012
    All the above mentioned members certainly know more than I...but for me, my first introduction to the EU was the Thrawn Trilogy. FANTASTIC books!!!=D=

Corran1138 likes this.
  8. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    The Thrawn Trilogy is the best place to start. I also recommend Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, and Plagueis. The Clone Wars is great as well. Start with Tartakovsky's Clone Wars, then get into the T.V. series. The series really improves over time, so if you can't get into it right away, keep watching. There are some great comics as well. My favorite are the Tales of the Jedi comics which can be found in Omnibus editions for a good price.

9. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    I'm liking the post because you're an Arsenal supporter.

That being said, I agree the Thrawn Trilogy is an excellent place to start, or my personal favorite, the X-Wing series which begins with "Rogue Squadron" by Michael Stackpole.

Welcome to the boards!

10. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Welcome! As people have said above, check out the Literature forum for ideas about what to read, but they're probably going to tell you to read the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn and the X-wing series by Michael Stackpole and Aaron Allston.

Also, if you're into gaming at all, most Star Wars games are pretty good.