main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Some questions about Star Wars

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ICER, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICER

ICER Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    1. No knowing what I do about Boba Fett. Could the armor saved him from the Sorlac?

2. In the eps 4-7 are all those stormtroopers clones?

3. If they are. Are they only loyal to Darth Sidous?

4. How many years in the story timeline is it between eps 2 and 3?

5. In TESB, when C3PO is blown apart, was he taken out of the loop of the story so their would be no conflict of feelings in Darth Vader when he saw him?

6. In ROTJ, when the Death Star was blown up.What happened the empire's fleet? Did they just give up?

2. DARTHKOOL

DARTHKOOL Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    1. No I think the Sarlacc (sp) would have desovled it in his gullett or what ever the hell he has.

2. Since 1995, I have ALWAYS hypothesized that the Stormtroopers were clones. They always had sort of a "dumb-idiot" characterization about them. (remember head hitting door) No right thinking person would be a Stormtrooper.

3. They will become loyal to Siduous.

4. Well if Obi-Wan is like 30-ish in this flick and he's in his mid/late 70's by A New Hope. Cut the distance and say Episode III will be at least 15 years into the future.

5. I can't answer that one because wasn't it a Stormtrooper that shot him?

6. I never thought of that. Damn good question. I would assume if there is no more story after that, they were either destroyed or taken prisoner.

I'll ad some more.

#7 Why didn't Darth Vader know to go to Owen Lars at some point in Ep. 4,5 & 6? He know's exactly where it is.

#8. C3P0 knows EVERYTHING. What happens to his AND R2-D2's memory when they land on Tatooine in "A New Hope"?

#9. If my memory serves me, was C3PO with the Lars in AOTC? If so, was he sold as a 2 for 1 deal AND why didn't Lars recognize him the second time around in A NEW HOPE?!?!?

3. DARTHKOOL

May 12, 2002
    Oh! My bad!

I'll answer my own question 7.

He did know where they lived, that's why Owen and Beru got fried in A New Hope.
    DUH!

I haven't seen that part of the movie in a couple years. I forgot!

4. ICER

ICER Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    I thought that they were tracked down when the Jawa's where attacked.

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    This post is made by jango-joe1

Lucas' timeline

Episode I 32 years before Yavin
    Episode II 22 years before Yavin
    Episode III 20 years before Yavin
    Episode IV 0 years
    Episode V 3 years after Yavin
    Episode VI 1 year after Yavin

And Darth Vader has never set foot on Tatooine during the Old Trilogy...it seesm like something bad happened to him down there

6. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    OK Now that is some good Questions.

1)If the Armor couldnt save Jengo's hide against a light Sabre I dont think it could save his skin with the Sarlacc.

2)I doubt very much that StormTroopers are Clones. Take into account that The clones were Kicka$$ and Storm Troopers Are Targets not only that, but Clones are breed just for fighting not general conversation. (ANH) The 2 stormtroopers having a chat by the Tractor beam control area.

About C3Po the Idea for Anakin building him didnt come about til EP1, besides he was on Chewie's back win Han was frozen in Carbonite. Besides there are thousands if not millions of droids in the universe. He would have a nervous brakedown everytime he saw a protocal droid if what you said is correct.

The Fleet was the Core Fleet, but not the The whole fleet. If you wanna base it off of EU they bugged out and regrouped. Call it a stalemate if you will, because the Rebels Lost alot more Capital ships than the Empire. But the Empire lost the Death Star. Rebels bugged out so not to lose any more than what they have already,besides they Did what they came to do. DESTROY THE DEATH STAR. And the Emipre had nothing more to Defend either so cut your loses and regroup.

Now about the Lars... What reason did he Have he didnt know about Luke or Leia being his Kids. "Obi Wan was wise to keep you from me" Besides the Lars are dead after the first 30 minutes no reason to go in ESB, or ROTJ.

Now from EP2 to ANH C3PO and R2 have had to have had an Overhaul. Which includes a complete Memory swipe. That is the only way to explain them not knowing OBI when they see him or the Lars for that Matter.

About the Lars and C3PO. Again with the overhaul and the fact it has been lets say 40 years. Again saying that there are thousands of thousands of protocal droids. Its just another droid to him. Take into acct he was completely covered in soot in ATOC and next time around he is a shinney Golden Rod....

You guys need to go back and watch the Trilogy again.

And Read Rouge Squadron By Michael Stackpole you will be Pleased with the continuance of the Star Wars Universe...

Ya Something Bad Happened to him his mom died.... But never had a reason to go more importantly... Nothing of Interest

Red 5 Out

7. DARTHKOOL

May 12, 2002
    Yeah, but at some point, he's gotta remember the number C3PO. I can accept 3PO getting his memory swiped, but not Uncle Owen getting his erased too. He can't have seen or owned thousands of droids. He's a farmer out in "the sticks". With just a few (maybe under 50) "farmhands" every 10 or so years. He would have remembered the number C3PO.

And if Darth Vader in all his infinite Jedi/Sith wisdom can "feel" his son on Hoth, OR feel something enough to know that is where to attack, then why didn't he "feel" him in ANH?

Screw the Expanded Universe. That ISN'T Star Wars. George Lucas IS Star Wars and if it doesn't come from him it ain't the REAL STAR WARS. That's a big problem with folks taking things for granted with all the novelization that is out there.

"You assume too much."

8. DARTHKOOL

May 12, 2002
    And another thing...

Don't assume that Luke and Leia are directly from Anakin Skywalker. They could have been cloned from either parent. And maybe that's why Darth Vader didn't sense anything.
    Or he could have been a sperm donor. (eww)
    Even if they were hidden from him, he had to feel something while in their presence. (He felt Obi-Wan's in ANH.) IF he is half the Jedi/Sith that he's supposed to be he should have got some kinda "reading" on Luke and Leia.

9. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    R2 knows ALL!!!

Its 3PO that gets the memory wipe because he is a blabbermouth.

Case in point, R2 knows immediantly where to find Obi Wan, not only does he head in that direction immediantly after landing, but he knows how to get there from the Lars'.

Watch the scene again between Obi and R2, "Hello my little friend!" Summs it up for me.

They knew R2 could keep the secrets, but 3PO could NEVER have kept it shut.

Remember the oldest memory he has is Captian Antillies as his owner, and it's R2 that is streaching the truth when he is trying to leave the Lars' place. He knows where Luke is, and he dosent need to bring him to Obi, just to get Leia's message to him. Then Obi can decide if Luke needs to be involved.

Also the sly look Obi gives R2 and Luke when Luke says He says he's the property of Obi Wan Kenobi, Obi says, I dont recall ever owning a droid. Of course not! It was Padme and Leia's droid. But still knew Obi.

Also R2 IS the Jedi Droid, he saves EVERYONE!! As for the chosen one, it just might not be a human.... ;) lol!

I would have liked to see Owen or Beru teaching Bocce to 3PO so when he asks later if he speaks it, then he could go "OH NO! they are back! Geeze, Luke Wipe their memorys ASAP!!!" just to keep his little corner of the world from collapsing.

"He's got to much of his father in him..."
    "THats what I'm afraid of!"

10. Mithrandir

Mithrandir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 1999
    1. No knowing what I do about Boba Fett. Could the armor saved him from the Sorlac?
    Why would it? He's not covered head to toe in it? It's just a breast plate, a "cup", shin and knee guards, shoulder pads, for-arm covers and a helmet. The rest of him is covered only by fabric. Let's say the armor would protect him...well then the acids would eat right through his clothing.

2. In the eps 4-7 are all those stormtroopers clones?
    Are you an idiot KRWADE? ;) Sorry but KRWADE is wrong. He is blinded by his new found obsession with the kick @$$ CloneTroopers. Lucas has set up the Clone Troopers as precurser/origin of the Storm troopers. He (Krwade) can't possibly comprihend how stupid Storm Troopers could come from his beloved CLone Troopers. But it's true. Think about it: With Jango Fett - a brilliant warrior - dead, the Kimoneans and thus the Empire will resort to making clones from clones, i.e. copies of copies. As we all know when you remove the "original" and start copying copies and repeating the process your item -- or in this case the troopers themselves -- start to degrade over time. This explains how Storm Troopers are just basicaly cannon fodder for the Emporer. He doesn't care if thousands are destroyed. He'll just make more. He has Moff's, Admiral's and other officers available for LEADING the Imperial forces. He/They just need troops who will blindly follow orders. It's why the Clone Troopers were created in the first place.

3. If they are. Are they only loyal to Darth Sidous?
    The Clone Troopers, again, are genetically altered to blindly accept and follow the orders of a superior. You see this in AOTC with Clone Troopers obeying various Jedi in the battle field. Their ultimate commander in chief is the Chancellor of the Republic (even the Jedi have to obey him). When Palpatine declares himself Emporer he can order them to obey him and they will. Heck, you can even logically assume that the Empire will have the Clone/Storm Troopers genetically enhanced again to ONLY be loyal to the Empire. And we know now that the Empire is Sidious.

4. How many years in the story timeline is it between eps 2 and 3?
    Our good friend Jango-Joe has already documented Lucas' official timeline. Way to go Waco-Joe! :)

5. In TESB, when C3PO is blown apart, was he taken out of the loop of the story so their would be no conflict of feelings in Darth Vader when he saw him?
    No. This was not a factor back them. Lucas has admited (on the TPM DVD commentary) to only recently come up with the idea of having 3PO engineered by Anakin. But it adds more depth to the protocol droid then anyone would have ever thought. And makes you wonder how Vader would have reacted to finding out about him. I'm of the opinion that he wouldn't have cared.

6. In ROTJ, when the Death Star was blown up.What happened the empire's fleet? Did they just give up?
    I am of the FIRM opinion that it was the WILL of the Emporer through the dark side of the Force that kept the Imperial Fleet together at the end of ROTJ. It is the only logical choice for two reasons:
    1. Upon his death the Imperial Fleet fell into disarray and was easily dispatched/destroyed by an outmatched Rebel Alliance.
    2. It's common knowledge that Lucas has pulled from mythology and fantasy to come up with certain themes for his stories. One of many recurring themes throughout myth and fantastical narrative is of Dark Lords controlling vast armys who outnumber an underdog opponent. When a Dark Lord is destroyed his pawns are thrown into confusion because it was his will power that kept them in line and kept them powerful. This is EXACTLY was happens at the end of the Lord of the Rings when Sauron is destroyed and his orc armies are thrown into madness because he's no longer alive to controll him through his evil will alone and the outnumbered army of Men, Elves, Dwarves, Eagles, etc are then able to easily defeat their foe. And we all know that Lucas pulled heavily from LOTR among other things. THUS... I submit to you that through the Po

11. Mithrandir

Apr 2, 1999
    And for your other questions:

#7 Why didn't Darth Vader know to go to Owen Lars at some point in Ep. 4,5 & 6?
    Why would he want to? A person like Anakin who has decended into madness and evil will not want to go back to the one place where he had once been happy by living with a loving mother who was killed there. Here's a thought? What if the StormTroopers tracked the droids to the Lars homestead, went there, confronted Owen and Beru and then requested orders from the orbiting Star Destroyer? Once Vader realizes the actual location of where the droids were and WHO had them he could have told them to slaughter the Lars family. After all, he's an evil SOB and if it wasn't for the Lars' his mother would have never been killed. Makes you think, huh?

#8. C3P0 knows EVERYTHING. What happens to his AND R2-D2's memory when they land on Tatooine in "A New Hope"? 3PO is a mindless twit and a blabber mouth. I think ObiWan had his memory eraised to protect the children. I DO NOT THINK that this happened to R2. R2 is very, very smart and kept this information safe and proved to ObiWan that he could be trusted. It was why he was so hell-bent on finding ObiWan in ANH. He wasn't just blindly following Leia's order. And also, he claimed to be the property of an ObiWan Kenobi. I don't think Leia told him that on her ship. He always knew who ObiWan was and KNEW where to find him. R2 has proven himself over 5 movies to be very, very smart and very resourceful. I would think that ObiWan knew this and instructed R2 to remember everything that has happened over time but keep it secret, and to contact him on Tatooine if ANYTHING every happened to Leia. It was the Force that brought R2 to Luke, and then it was R2's own stuborness that caused the little droid to go out in dangerous territory to look for his old friend. Maybe ObiWan was never his master, but I'm sure R2 said what he had to to get his job done;)

Now some of you might say that ObiWan never recalled ever OWNING a droid. Well's that's true from a certain point of view. Remember my friends, Old Ben was notorious liar!! ;)

#9. If my memory serves me, was C3PO with the Lars in AOTC? If so, was he sold as a 2 for 1 deal AND why didn't Lars recognize him the second time around in A NEW HOPE?!?!? Who's to say that Owen didn't recongnize him? Maybe he didn't at first when he first bought them. Or maybe he did when he saw the two droids together. Either way, I would think that he realized EXACTLY who they were when they started talking about ObiWan to Luke and that is why Lars was so nervous and told Luke to take those two droids to in the morning to have their memories erased. Lars wants to protect Luke from not only what the future may hold for him but also from the past.

Also, and I could be wrong here, but did Owen and Beru EVER see R2 in AOTC? Didn't he stay on Padme's ship the whole time? If he never crosses paths with Owen and Beru in E2 and E3, then it would make sense that they didn't know him. It was the fact that R2 knew ObiWan is what scared Owen.

12. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    Owen and Beru did see R2 in AOTC. Though most of the time he was on the ship, but when Obi-Wan transmitted his signal to Anakin (who was at his mother's grave with the Lars and Padme)R2 came out and whistled everyone looked at R2 (scene stealer)

But it was really quick...so I don't know if Owen or Beru would recognize him 22 years later

13. Mithrandir

Apr 2, 1999
    Here's another question, but this one from me, and my own answer. It's something I've been thinking about the past few days:

If the Force has a strong influence over the weak minded, then how come Sidious can mask himself and use the dark side to cloud the all powerful Jedi -- including Yoda, and Mace Windu?
    What if the Jedi aren't that powerful after all?! Yoda all but admits this a number of times throughout AOTC. Not only are the waining Jedi becoming more arrogant and prideful but they are in turn loosing their power over the force because of their arrogance and the presence of the Dark Side so close to home.

This has been haunting me for some time now.....and I will meditate on this furthur. :)

14. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Be mindful of the Force

15. Mithrandir

Apr 2, 1999
    Yea, Jango-Joe, it would be easy to forget an astro droid. They all look the same. They might have thought him familliar in ANH but maybe considered it to be a coinicidence that this particular astrodroid and 3PO were together again at their home. Who knows?

But it would be hard to forget that prissy, fairy queen of a protocol droid, no? ;)

16. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Yeah...who coul forget that. I think that R2 was glad to get away from him in ESB

The part that got me in the movie was how close Anakin got to Padme with the lightsaber at the beginning with the centipede creatures.

If you love her at least use the force and lift them away from her and throw them in the garbage chute

17. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Anakin's a showoff. That's why he's not more careful.

And Eric--bless you, I don't have to add a single thing--you hit everything right on the head. :)

18. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    I still Disagree with StormTroopers Being Clones. For the Simple fact that again they have been engineered to fight and I will go so far as to say that the Clone planet will be destroyed in the next movie. Since we Are not on with ILM or Lucas Arts then we cant really say now can we.

I agree that the Dark side of the Force is stronger and the reason is because they dont hold anything back. A Jedi Knight has to restrict himself and hold back and keep balance, while the Dark Lords enbrace evil and all emotions.

See the thing is that we cant even truely put the Trilogy and the prequils side by side for comparison, because the future was told 20 years ago. Lucas has to build a before story based on the future and not the other way around.

But for fun I will continue to endulge and agree with everything that you said about R2 and the Lars. Why didnt Vader know about Leia and Luke? One their force powers hadnt come out yet,because they had no one to help them develope them. Not only that But I think that just as the Dark side can cloud the Light, I think that can work in Reverse, but on a much smaller scale. Obi Wan was able to Protect himself and Luke, but that was the extent of it. I will Also agree with the C3PO Theory, because thats all it is.

The Owens Never Met with Obi Wan so I cant see where R2 knowing him woulb be a problem...

Too much to think About.....

19. ICER

ICER Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    OK, I can buy the Obi protecting Luke, But that does not explain Vader not senseing Leia, Those two have a history before ANH. When they first met in the flim they talked like old advasres.

Maybe you are right about the training bit, Anakin had the highest count of Metaclorines of anybody. But They never said they sensed the force in him. Just that he had a Jedi trait.

But they where not related to Anakin. Vader and Leia are. Surly he should have felt something. And it is in the same stort line arch. So the Written before the fact should not be an issue.

I disagree with troopers not being clones, How else would a evil empire get so many loyal troops.

20. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    from the 10,000 planets there are in the core universe....

OK Coruscant in ONE BIG CITY. lets say it is the size of earth then that would make its population well in the Billions, maybe even in the Trillions since we are in the Billions and Earth is covered with 70% water. Think about it dont think so small minded, and by that I dont mean you are small minded but that if one planet has the potential to carry a large force then imagine what 10,000 planets could do.... :eek:

21. ICER

ICER Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    I see your point with the troopers. But the numbers do not add up.

Take for example the Death Stars. The first one needed a minimum of 1 million troops to keep it running. And the second Death Star was even bigger. But never was completed but was fully operational. So let us say that is another million. That is a loss of million troops in the fisrt. only to be replaced by another million in a short time of 4 years.
    And that does not include the 4 Super Star Destroyers and the hundreads of regular Star Destroyers in the fleet. And thousands of TIE fighters, Infintry, and garrsons outposts he had.

Keep in mind. That this is a evil empire. Not liked by the populace in general.

The empiror needed loyal troops that would die at his command to man these things. So even if a commander turned traitor. He could call on the clones who operatrated the traitors command. To over throw him and regain to post.

22. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    I love this debate... :D Good Point but even more to the Point

Clones take time to build. The order for the troops in ATOC was put in over 10 years ago and they were just now ready, and only 1.2 million were "well under way" when you can go to a Empire held planet of 8 billion people recruit 10 million troops and have them trained in lets say 6 months...

Thats only one planet. At present there are 10,000 planets with Count Dokuu. and there was only one Super Star Destroyer. Vader was the Only one that had that Ship. So see its not impossible and prior to the Clones there wasnt an army to fight against the droid army nor any means or recruitment by the jedi. They needed an army and they needed it yesterday not in six months...

In Come the Clones....

Man I think Im gonna go home and Play Rebellion now...

23. Mithrandir

Apr 2, 1999
    ICER you're grasping at straws with your numbers that don't add up. Concerning Leia. Vader is not ALL powerful. If he was, he wouldn't be the Emporers lap dog as seen throughout the original trilogy and as seen in AOTC when Palpatine can so easily manipulate him without even useing the force. Know this: Vader NEVER knew anything or felt anything about Leia. In ROTJ he sensed a "Sister...so you have a twin sister. ObiWan was wise to hide her from me." Vader was SURPRISED to learn of her existance. It was never implied that he felt something weird about Leia. He was honestly shocked and thrilled to learn who she was.

Sorry Icer. You're Leia theory doesn't work.

24. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    And to add to what Eric is saying, he didnt necessarly have to feel anything with Luke either. The name alone was reason enough for him to know who he was. Leia had another Last name and was thought to be Bail Organa's Daughter. IN comes Jimmy Smitts(too cool) :)

25. Brand-X2

Brand-X2 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    Hey guys, this is (the other) Brandon... usually I post as Brand-X but I don't have my password on this computer... whoops! Anyway...

1) When Luke asks Yoda: "Is the dark side stronger?" He responds: "No. Quicker. Easier. More seductive." After seeing him swingin his little green saber like a madman... who are we to argue with him? ;)

2) What's with this mysterious jedi "Sifa Dious" or however you spell it? If you spell it like that... you need only take out a few letters to get SIDIOUS. Haven't read the novel so I don't know anything bout him except what is in AOTC. Anyone know anything about him? Who is he? How did he die?

3) Anyone else notice that the Massiff creature figues are packaged with a Geonosian warrior when in the movie, they were hangin around the Tusken camp? The "dogs" the Geonosians had were much different. They were bigger and had long snouts. Weird.

peace,
    Brand-X

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.