main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Title Somewhere I Belong

Author obi_ew

Characters Anakin, Obi-Wan, Xanatos and my oc's Jivan and Desimir deCrion and Shai.

Genre AU

Keyword angst

Summary Knight Anakin Skywalker is pressured to take his first padawan. The Force brings him together with a special boy, who has his own ideas of what he wants.

Disclaimers Usual ones apply. I own the deCrion brothers and Shai . :)

Notes This fic is a further adventure for my Anakin. He also appears in three of my other fics, The Face Inside, Standing on Broken Dreams and Worth Fighting For . The links to them all are in my bio. It is not necessary to have read them although characters from all three make appearances.Will try to post once a week until my other fic is done! :D

Special thanks - Have to give wine and roses to one of the classiest and most talented ladies on the boards, Shaindl . She has given me some brilliant ideas and will hopefully hold my hand through this one! You're one of the best! :)

And as always to my favorite band Linkin Park ! Better get busy making a new album so I have more fic titles! [face_love]

I WANT TO HEAL
    I WANT TO FEEL
    WHAT I THOUGHT WAS NEVER REAL
    I WANT TO LET GO OF THE PAIN I'VE HELD
    SO LONG
    ERASE ALL THE PAIN TIL IT'S GONE
    I WANT TO HEAL
    I WANT TO FEEL
    LIKE I'M CLOSE TO SOMETHING REAL
    I WANT TO FIND SOMETHING I'VE WANTED
    ALL ALONG

SOMEWHERE I BELONG

SOMEWHERE I BELONG BY LINKIN PARK

Prologue

The lights were always so bright, hurting his eyes. Reflecting off of the white walls and floors, blinding at times. It made his head hurt and his vision blurry. The brilliance was suddenly overcast, bringing a blessed moment of relief. Squinting, he glanced up to find two familiar shadowy figures standing and staring down at him.

They watched him constantly, hovering on the fringes. He didn?t know who they were or why they found it necessary to observe him all of the time. All he knew for certain was that they were never pleased with what they saw. Everything he did was greeted with slumped shoulders and low hanging heads.

They were talking about him again. Although he didn?t understand what the words meant, he just knew that he was the subject being discussed. Whispers that carried something sad.

"He just isn?t working out."

"It?s to be expected I suppose. We are dealing with something we know nothing about. There was no way to predict how it would work with his kind. Much as I hate to admit it, our benefactor knew what he was talking about."

"It will only worsen as he grows. We have to make a decision now."

A long heavy sigh catches his ear.

"We must send him away, back to where it all began. Let one of his own kind take over his care."

"Perhaps we should just send him directly to Coruscant."

"No. There would be too many questions. It is better this way. I?ll make the necessary arrangements."

Silence for several minutes as they continue to stare down at him.

"Such a pity. He is truly exquisite and so bright."

They slowly turn and walk away, leaving him in peace once again. One day he would understand why he made them so sad, why they didn?t want him.

One day he would be able to be on his own, so that he wouldn't disappoint anyone.

And he wouldn't hurt anymore.

CHAPTER ONE

The distinctive sound of lightsabres coming together, the weight of powerful muscle behind the strikes echoed through the training salle. Two equally impressive individuals stood nearly toe to toe in the center of the mat, their gazes locked and focused on the other. Having fought often, they stalked one another, watching for any noticeable error, no matter how minute.

Although equal in height and weight, thirteen years separated them, perhaps giving one the advantage of experience. Unimpressed with that fact, the younger man?s lips curled up in a smirk as he noted the trail of sweat that

2. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    What a wonderful beginning oe. I am thrilled that you are posting this continuation of your other stories. You created such vivid characters, both original and canon, that I feel invested in them and love that their stories are going to continue. :)

That beginning was rather ominous and I can't wait to find out more about this new original character you are bringing into this fic. :D

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wow, this certainly is intriguing. Who is the one that was spoken of at the beginning of the fic? I assume we will be meeting that one sooner or later....

4. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    It was great seeing another fic on the boards by OE!

I have been following all of them, and I know I lurk most of the time, but I'm trying to respond more.

Just curious, how old are Jivan and Anakin in this fic? Jivan was referred to as a Padawan. At the end of Standing on Broken Dreams, Jivan was 25 and had been Knighted, and the council had put their 'collective' foot down and said that Anakin had to take his first Padawan. Is this a continuation of The Face Inside series after 'Broken Dreams...?

~Bek

5. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    YAY! ANOTHER ANI/OBI/JI FIC BY, NON OTHER THAN..........OBI_EW!!! ONE OF MY MOST FAVORITE AUTHORS!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE IN MY TOP 3 LIST OF BEST AND FAVORITE AUTHORS!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU SURPRISED TO SEE ME HERE?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! LOL!

6. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Great start Obi_Ew! Please keep it coming!

7. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Intriguing, thought-provoking, charming - all traits of any work by oe. Hope to see more soon.

CYN

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sheila I'm thrilled the gang has entertained you! Hope the boys can continue to do so in this one! :)

diane Indeed you will! [face_devil]

Bekah :) And it is wonderful to see you more often! This takes place during the epilogue to Dreams. Jivan is 25 and getting ready for his knighting ceremony and Anakin is 38. Expect to see that meeting with the Council! ;) It is a continuation of the other fics.

dp2002 [face_blush] Aw! That is so sweet!

The_Jesstar A new face! Welcome! :) I hope you stick around!

Cyn Thank you! I'm thrilled and shocked to see you at an Anakin fic! :)

9. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    YEA! I was really going to mis Des if you decided to focus completely on Worth Fighting For.

**Runs away screaming to the world that OE wrote another fic.**

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Great. Now I have to speed-read through the other Obi/Ani/Jivan stories because this and Worth Fighting For are so fun to read. Thanks a lot, OE :mad: :D

Ooooh, and that first part was so intriguing! Can we start a pool for guessing who that person is?

11. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    [face_shocked] And yet another oe story? Yay! *bounces excitedly* How do you manage them all?

I think you've created quite a wonderful little universe here. I love all these characters you've created and look forward to seeing what you have in store for your new OC in this one! And Anakin at 38 and Jivan at 25--that's gonna take some getting used to! :D

12. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    So Ani will be forced to get a Padawan, the one from the Prolog? Or is that Obi's new task, as he is Padawanless all of the sudden.
    The Council and the force wont have Obi with a real opportunity to rest his nerves, I will not believe that.

Vadey [face_love]

13. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    a grown up xanitot the younger?! awwww

and where is xanitot the elder?

this looks great so far. want more!

14. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    hmm...

interesting-

I won't get lost if I don't read your ani fic, right?

15. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Great start!

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thalia Do I have to pay you for that advertisement? :p

JadeSolo Take your time! I think this one will make sense if you haven't read the others. :) Pool away! I'd be interested to see what you all come up with! ;)

HHP It does seem strange for Ji to be an adult doesn't it? [face_plain] Imagine trying to write him as a 9 and 25 years old at the same time! :eek:

Vadey So sure are you about the identity of the person in the prologue? [face_devil] Obi-Wan and another padawan? hum.......

froggy Xanitot the elder is alive and well in this fic! He shows up soon! [face_love]

JKH Hi stranger! :) Nope, you don't have to read my Ani fic to get this one.

darla :) Thanks!

You guys are the best! I wasn't sure how many would be interested in the continuing story of my little family . Special thanks to Sheila for giving me her honest opinion! :) Chapter two will be up Monday!

17. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    A new post would be excellent payment! ;)

18. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Now where did that post go? o_e is it still inside your head? Get it out! If you don't we all die! lol

19. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *will show up for Jiv' Des' and Obi*

*and for Xan*

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Another story in the charming universe of Ji :)
    I'll be here tomorrow, then everything depends on UPS and whether or not I get my laptop before I leave on Tuesday. If so I'll be around to catch chap 2 :) :)

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thalia Tomorrow! I promise! :)

dp2002 Don't die on me already! We've just started! ;)

JKH They'll all be here! [face_love]

PK * slips UPS driver a little extra to rush PK her laptop * :D

22. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    People must be wondering about me. First you give me that lovely and sweet thanks, and then I only stroll in now! :p But you know I don't have access on the weekends, so this is the first chance I've had to respond. The beginning, like I told you, is wonderfully foreboding and leaves so many questions. I love the fact that in their 20s and 30s, Ji and Ani still find it within themselves to tease each other mercilessly. I hope that's how my brother and I will be in 10 years!

And as for your thanks - what can I say? Few people have said anything nicer to me. It's a true pleasure to work with someone as talented as you, and like I've said before, it's never a chore to do a friend a favour. But I don't need to hold your hand - your imagination and prose stand just fine on their own. :)

Besides, I do admit to a streak of selfishness. If my ideas get me another wonderful story written by you, then you can mine my brain for anything you want! :D

TTYL,

Shaindl

23. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Just checking for the next postie...

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl :) I knew you would peek in when you could. I also plan to take you up on that offer of mining your brain! ;)

darla Coming right up! :)

CHAPTER TWO

Lunch hour at the Temple for the upper level initiates was a boisterous affair. It offered a brief chance for them to shed the serious cloak they wore all day long, and act like the children they were. Being children, they clung to what was safe, what was known.

Filing into the food line as a class, once trays were piled high with a range of delicacies, they scattered into groups with their friends and creche mates. Laughter rang out, and half hearted protests were voiced when a sweet was stolen from a tray, or some food that didn?t agree with the consumer, was spit across the table.

The excited chatter at nearly every table was predictably centered on the same topic. Although nothing official had been announced yet, they were all aware of the long standing Jedi tradition. A knighting ceremony was always followed soon after by a lightsabre exhibition for the initiates. All available knights attended, hoping to find a child the Force willed them to train.

The excitement of the general room was lost on at least one individual. Bringing up the end of the lunch line as he did everyday, the boy carefully balanced his tray on top of a datapad, and made his way toward the table in the farthest corner of the room.

As he passed by the other tables, conversations were cut short and pitying glances followed his progress. Expert at ignoring them, he set his tray down and gave the two people already sitting down, a brief nod as he slid onto the bench.

Hale, a human female, had been moved into the older levels because she was way ahead of her agemates. At only nine years of age, she was shunned by the older students and had bonded with the two boys who were also considered outcasts.

Noa was a Twi?lek and at eleven had suffered a serious injury which left him with a noticeable limp. Everyone knew his chances of being chosen as an apprentice to an active duty knight were slim. His best hope was to have a healer or negotiator pick him.

The last member of their little group was Shai. Quiet and very intelligent, he had alienated himself by being more interested in books and studying science then in learning lightsabre moves. His years at the Temple had included non-stop teasing about how un-Jedi like he was.

As he pushed the tray aside and became engrossed in his datapad, Hale leaned forward eagerly.

"Have you heard the latest rumor Shai?" she asked in her high childish voice.

"You know I don?t pay attention to Temple gossip," the new arrival said without looking up.

Undaunted by his lack of response, she hurried to share the news. "Knight Skywalker will be around for the lightsabre exhibition!"

Dark gray eyes lifted, studying her in that penetrating way he had. "Should I alert the media?"

Noa sent him a heated glare as Hale?s face fell and she bent her head in embarrassment.

"She? just trying to be nice Shai! We?re both worried about you. You?ll be thirteen in six months and this may be your last chance to be chosen!" The Twi?lek boy reminded him worriedly.

Flushing slightly, Shai gave the girl an apologetic smile.

"I?m sorry Hale," he said softly, before focusing on Noa. "I?ve told you ,I don?t know how many times ,that I don?t want to be chosen!"

His companions eyed him with obvious disbelief.

"I know that?s what you say, but we don?t believe you! We?ve trained all our lives just to be chosen and become knights!" Noa said with an urgent wave of his hand.

Sighing, Shai?s gaze moved between them. "Maybe all of you have, but I?ve studied so that I can survive once I?m out on my own."

When they merely continued to sit and stare at him, their rejection of what he was saying written plainly on their faces, he shrugged in defeat.

"I?m happy you two will get a chance to find a master. For your sake I just hope it isn?t Skywalker," he told them before returning to his datapad.

"Why?

25. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    lol. all brawn, no brain? hmmmm, used to be all emotion no brain. Is this an improvement?

great story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.