main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SOS - Luke Skywalker - Version 3.0

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ulicus , Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

MasterSkywalker86 : but as for the topic is it worse to be hug by a wookiee or by several ewoks ?

Hmmm... Good question! I think both could be pretty bad! ;) But, I guess it would be Ewoks since Wookiees don't seem to eat people!

JediMatteus : i got ascension today actually

Are there any good Luke scenes you can mention? You can give spoilers here as long as you use highlighted text.

DarthIktomi : I am wondering what happened to Luke and Ben exploring various Force-sensitive sects? It's like the Fallanassi were the last one.

Like just about everything else, this plot thread seems to have disappeared. And it was my favorite part of the series. :(

MasterSkywalker86 : I think we can all agree on hoping POST FOTJ we get single books and duologies.

I certainly hope so!

I think they need to work Luke's early years as a knight and a jedi master, some Luke and Mara stories, some L&M&Ben stories before LOTF, and hopefully some POST FOTJ stories with Luke and Ben.

I don't really like "prequel" stories very much, but if it's a good Luke-centric story, I'm willing and ready to read the book in any era.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    well obviously Luke and the battle of Mindor book was great. Not much else yet. of course Survivor's Quest came out after the njo and it was very good.

3. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    That it was. Zahn's so far last good book in SW to me personally, and to me also the last book where a character named Fel wasn't obnoxious. They killed the wrong Fels. ;)

4. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i just re read outbound flight and i like it ten times better this time around.

5. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Why, if may ask? What was different this time?

6. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    not sure i know. i remember liking it the first time i read it. after survivor's quest. but maybe i did not care about cardas and thrawn at the time. i read it again recently and it feels like a unheralded work of art to me. i love Cardas and Thrawn, and even the Doriana/Sidious storyline. i enjoyed reading about obi wan and anakin, and loved Jedi Jinzler. i hated Cbaoth, but that was probably the point. i was supposed to. great story. maybe i will re-read SQ now.

7. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    So, the passage of time made it a better book. Would the perhaps lower quality of the more recent books have anything to do with your changed view? That it stands out better in comparison to LotF and FotJ?

8. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    So, the passage of time made it a better book. Would the perhaps lower quality of the more recent books have anything to do with your changed view? That it stands out better in comparison to LotF and FotJ?

i think you may be right. this book is so well written compared to the last two series. it's like when i watched braveheart again recently. it still holds up well, and the superb acting and directing is of a kind that you don't see anymore.

9. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001

JediMatteus : of course Survivor's Quest came out after the njo and it was very good.

It's great, and when paired with Outbound Flight, it's even better!

Rouge77 : That it was. Zahn's so far last good book in SW to me personally, and to me also the last book where a character named Fel wasn't obnoxious. They killed the wrong Fels.

Hi, R!!! I agree. Is it confirmed that the Fel from SQ was killed, or is he alive and well somewhere in Chiss space, or did he take on another name later?

JediMatteus : maybe i will re-read SQ now.

You should definitely reread SQ after reading OF. I really think they should be read: SQ, OF, and SQ again.

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    but as for the topic is it worse to be hug by a wookiee or by several ewoks ?

Ewoks. Wookies probably bathe, Ewoks OTOH live in Stone Age conditions and probably smell horrible.

11. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    true enough

12. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Hello! Officially he was killed, but that comes from Formbi - possibly Thrawn or Thrawn clone instead of the original Formbi in Outbound Flight - in DN, like the claim about Empire of the Hand's end, so I wouldn't take it as an unquestionable truth, but more like something that could well be changed if some author would want to do something with Chak Fel.

13. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001

This poor thread has really been neglected! :(

Rouge77 : Officially he was killed, but that comes from Formbi - possibly Thrawn or Thrawn clone instead of the original Formbi in Outbound Flight - in DN, like the claim about Empire of the Hand's end, so I wouldn't take it as an unquestionable truth, but more like something that could well be changed if some author would want to do something with Chak Fel.

Thanks for the information, R! I hope he's not dead. I really liked the character. I certainly like him a whole lot more than Captain Cardboard himself: Jag Fel!

14. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    At one point there was speculation that they were the same character, with Chak being just a nickname, but that's apparently been confirmed not to be the case.

15. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    so we are keeping this thread open for what purpose?

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Community works differently to Lit, threads don't need a purpose! :)

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    And thank Primus for that. :D

In other news, I am planning a SW/MLP: FIM crossover. marvel at the geekery there. :-B

18. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Dewie is feeling OLD right now.

I just realized my all-time favorite video game... is going to be 20 years old this November.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Sega Genesis.

20 years of having this tune:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9283TWaAq0
    stuck in my head (it's served, on and off, as my ringtone since I've even HAD a cell phone).

And twenty years of one of the most beautiful video game endings ever:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VWhAidfaB8

NEVER ceases to make me smile or get a tear of joy.

I just feel really old ATM. [face_tired]

19. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    i took you for a younger pup, Dew

20. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I still own my original NES from 1987. Still works and I have all the stuff, the controllers, the Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt two-pack and the zapper light gun.

21. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    One of my friends loves Mario games. She still wonders why they talk about "realistic graphics" when games like Mario are and have been so popular.

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I don't buy new systems or games because of time/money constraints. This leads to thew side effect of half the internet memes being barely recognizable to me. ;) "Wait, cake is a... lie? oh, Portal reference!" [face_laugh]

23. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Welcome to Corneria, but our princess is in another castle. Is that helping?

24. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I turned 26 this past October. But yeah, I'm aware I act a bit younger. [face_laugh]

Duck Hunt? Oh god, that dog was the bane of my four-year-old existence (we got ours in 89). [face_laugh]

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Yeah, those ones I can get. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.