main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton sotr

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Achilles_of_Edmonton, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Erin has agreed to play the part of Aliska Malii Sin =D=

Her height is a bit of an issue but it's nothing I can't get around by strategically putting lifts in her boots and using a slightly shorter Vader for just those scenes. [face_thinking]

I chose Erin for the part because her look is precisely what I'm after for the character and she has a dance background so it will be easier for her to learn the complex set of moves we'll have her performing. Now we just have to teach her how to be a badass. :cool:

I'll be playing the role of Captain Antilles. I'm also drawing nearer to casting some other parts as well. I hope to have the entire main speaking cast nailed down in less than a month. Once all that is settled the costume fun can begin. Everyones favorite part.

2. Ruins

Ruins Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    I have sent you an e-mail with my interest and potential usefulness to you. Please let me know If you have not received it. Sent on Wed June 22 at about 9:30

3. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Right on Mark, Erin will be great to work with. And I can get her back for trying to pull down my trunkcs while swimming ;)

Jump, harder, faster higher lol

4. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    omg lol drill sergeant Jason. I can see it now. But watch, based on her personality you'll create a monster and the student will surpass the teacher. :D

5. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    don't strike me down.... aaaaiii.

6. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    "Count me in, too."
    I'm willing to do pre- and post- along with crew help. Also, I'm in the process of getting started on an Imperial Officers uniform, so if you need an officer, or any other extras casting, let me know.

On another note, a friend of mine has spent some years perfecting his Han Solo look, and enjoys spending the summer months travelling around in character. If you need a Han, he's usually more than happy to star as Han Solo...

[image=http://www.geocities.com/cream1901/IMG_2058.jpg][image=http://www.geocities.com/cream1901/IMG_2060.jpg]

7. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    LOL Jimmy Siokos is my good friend and has been cast as the Han for this since before the script was complete. I'll be flying him up here to perform the role and he's very excited about the possibilities. He eats, drinks, lives and breathes Han Solo. I can't imagine anyone better for the part and he made me promise him he could play Han under any circumstances should this ever wrap production. Thanks though, always good to see a familiar face. He'll be pleased to know he's been plastered all over boards in a new country.

Interesting coincidence.

8. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    LOL [face_laugh] Great minds think alike, huh? ;)

9. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    It was so funny because he just got done replying to the updates and warned me I'd have to give him a 3 month notice to appear so he could grow his hair out in enough time lol. Now that's dedication.

10. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Drill Sargent? nah...well I dunno maybe, outsurpass me?. Lol nahhh I'm just teaching her moves not how to actually KILL ;).

That's next time

11. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    This is Aliskas Light Saber. I don't care what we have to do, or who we have to bribe to get this thing but it's exactly what I had in mind.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=21&TopicID=2385&PagePosition=4&Replies=79

14th post down, a Guy from the Uk called Jeffrek Ul-Tor.

I messaged him about using his. We'll see how that goes.

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah I know who he is, we're friends from way back. I've even held the saber and spun it a few times, a tad heavy but a nice hilt overall :). If he says no ya want me to see if I can maybe get his permission, I know a friend of his in the UK made it.

13. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Try emailing him about it. I already have. If he gets something from you on top of it that couldn't help. I went into a lot of detail about the film though so keep it short.

neophyl@yahoo.co.uk

phil@spartandesign.co.uk

14. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Heh I will thanks Mark,

Umm I have his e-mails already bro ;)

15. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Actually Ky-Wan scrap the whole "borrowing saber" idea. I'm going to have randomsabers.com build it for me. They can make the exact same saber witout the extra apparently useless arbitrary piece of metal on the side. That's only going to get in her way anyhow. And they can machine the handle to accept parksaber blades as well as stunt pvc blades simultaneously. Total cost, a mere $135. A very worthwhile investment in my books.

On another note. I have developed an msn space which you can check out here . . .

http://spaces.msn.com/members/achilles-of-edmonton/

I have uploaded all of my main costume pics but the blog is devoted to two things. Movie reviews and film updates. I will still be sending out my bi-weekly updates as well in email form but if anyone wants to stay on top of daily occurences in the pre-production process this will be the way to do it as I will update whenever the tiniest new thing has happened. :D

16. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Sweey Maek, but you can't sell Legolas yet, we still have to go to a feast with you dressed like him and me dressed as Aragorn :)

17. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    I don't know man. I'm not sure what I'm getting into, you could owe me big for that depending lol.

18. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Well lets see some pics first some people there ahven't seen lotr yet lol

19. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    I was watching the MTV movie awards and something just occured to me.

Episode 3 and a Parsec will win awards. There are so many independant and fan film related awards available, I am very confident that it will win at least a few when we're done.

Another thing that has greatly impressed me is the amount of support you can get through theforce.net.

At first I was a little intimidated with having to learn 4 new software titles just to do a decent job of post production on this thing. And no one in the fanforce is very familiar with advanced CGI techniques but the film thread on this site is inredible and it really maks you realize how much fans are willing to band together in order to create truly amazing things.

My faith that the visual impact of this will break all former barriers has been renewed and I just felt the need to share that with everyone.

20. The-Yada

The-Yada Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2005
    We will only fail, if we don't truly believe!

It's nice to know that the one spearheading this operation truly believes!!!

Nice!

21. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    URGENT

I need to step up the time frame for shooting this film. Many of you have lended your support which I greatly appreciate because the ball is rolling now but there is an issue we need to address.

I just got this from Jimmy Siokos.

hey buddy, glad you've got the ball rolling.
    can you guess as to when you'll need me?
    will it be during the Christmas season or afterward.
    to be honest with you, i get about 3 weeks off for Christmas break and
    that would be the absolute best time for me.
    if that doesn't work, i'll be getting a whole week off for spring
    break which is usually in late march or early april. this would be
    great as well.
    i don't know how you can twist the schedule to accomodate me, and i
    understand that the show much go on. i'm just giving you MY best
    times.
    let me know when you need me and i'll be there.
    thanks,
    jimmy

If we shoot Han Solo week in late March or early April that gives me 9 months.

9 months to get a camera, green screens, lights, a Falcon cockpit and ramp. Costumes for 20 extras, a bar, bar stools, a table, a Lando, and a crew. I can handle obtaining the equipment. That just takes money and I won't be spending much of it until then I can guarantee you.

What I would like to see is a focus on banding together to see if we can accomodate Jimmys open time slot. If it can't be done, I would like to die trying lol. I mean if worse comes to worse he'll just have to fly up here on a different schedule but being that he's a teacher and his summers are usually filled with coaching activities Spring break would be optimum.

In order to make this a reality, I'm going to start organizing production meetings and I strongly encourage anyone who's interested in helping produce this baby attend. Spread the word to anyone you know who may be excited about this as well and lets get the show on the road. Starting right meow.

Production meeting to be held at my B-day party July 9th. The first of many. I was going to wait until Forcefest was over to do this but time is no longer a luxury. Before I received this email I thought I had 3 more months.

Come and see the footage of Jason and I dancing with sabers.

I will look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible. May the force be with us all!

22. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    LOL!!
    I'm total professional when it comes to my job, plus the gold idea was funner

23. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    Gold idea? I'm drawing a blank.

24. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Crud. Of all the things! I'm out of town, and have a wedding on the 9th, which means I won't be able to make it for the party on Saturday. What a way to start off, missing the first meeting. :(

25. Achilles_of_Edmonton

May 13, 2005
    The first of many to come. This is going to take organization like you wouldn't believe to pull off but I won't let anything stand in the way.

By the way, thanks for the idea about posting on Badlands.ca Berx, that paid off big time.

I now have troopers, officers, pilots and a Twi'Lek.

Still need more though. Still need a Lando, some more officers (Angela will help there) and some more extras.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.