main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 2! 11:59 p.m. June 29

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    There is a midnight show for Spidey 2 at the Edwards. Adam and I have already purchased our tickets. Be there! YeeHaw!
    [face_dancing]

2. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    I got my tickets! I'll be there!

Who else is going?

Doug

3. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    It sounds like alot of us are going to be there. Should be fun. It's almost hard to believe how glowing the reviews have been on this.

4. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    OK, this movie FREAKING ROCKS!!!!!!

5. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    When all the reviews started coming in I wanted to believe it was as great as they were saying, but I was careful to guard my expectations.
    When the closing credits started to roll, I knew they were right. This has to be one of the best superhero films EVER! I'm sitting here trying to get work done and I keep hearing Danny Elfman's score in my head.
    In someways it reminds me of the experience watching the Christopher Reeve Superman movies when I was a kid. But this was a much richer experience because Spider-man is one of us and has the same problems we have.
    One of my favorite moments in the film was after he stops the subway and he is laying on the floor unmasked with a crowd of grateful people around and they realize he is just a guy.
    I honestly believe this film is a classic already. I probably sound like I'm overhyping but this up there with the greats!

6. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    ERIK!

Be careful posting SPOILERS! Not everyone saw it last night!

Doug

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Much of that scene is in alot of the commercials playing on TV so I figured it was ok.
    Almost every TV spot I've seen in the last week has shown him unmasked in the subway car. Mainstream reviews have said a ton more than I did. So please don't be a wet blanket here.

8. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    This movie rocked. I am so glad I stayed up and watched it. Is it just me, or did Tobey look like a freak when we would get all pumped up and start running? I swear his teeth got all scary and his nose grew! Is that what happens when you sit so close?

This is a must see movie.

9. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    When I first left the theatre, I wasn't sure what to think. But as the film started to sink in, I began to realize how much it ruled. Yeah Erik, this totally reminded me of Superman II when he losses his powers and all that jazz. It's very similar, but also very different. I was surprised though how many people saw him without his mask!

10. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    They just moved this onto the IMAX here in Boise, and wow! It freaking ruled! It really does make all the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.