main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[spoilers] Concept Art / Storyboards / Spy Photos from Indy IV

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Indy3, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    This is from TheIndyExperience:

Go to for concept art below!!!!!

www.theindyexperience.com/indy4-spoilers.shtml

Go here:

www.mundodvd.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=67

the pics are at:

[image=http://theindyexperience.com/photos/IndyIV-sketch.jpg]

[image=http://theindyexperience.com/photos/IndyIV-sketch1.jpg]

COOL!!!!!

[color=indigo] I had moved this post (and fixed the markup) to the proper thread, here;

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5880682&replies=154] [spoilers!] Indiana Jones IV [/link]

But I've had a change of heart. Spy photos, storyboards & concept art could probably do with it's own thread. So, I'm reopening this, with a slightly tidied up title. :D

[/color]

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Sorry, Indy3. I've been thinking today, and this thread should probably be allowed to stay open. :)

I like the statue sketch. Rope bridges? Hmm. Seen then before, I think.

The Indy on a vine doesn't reveal much, except there's a tunnel at the bottom.

I wonder if they're legit?

3. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    thanks this thread is going to become huge soon

If its fake then the drawing are cool anyway

PS:What does everyone think of that huge statue in the middle of the area?
    What is it?
    Is it me or does it look like Asian?

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Is it me or does it look like Asian?

Yes, it's you. The concept artists said, "We'll use JC member Indy3's likeness for the statue."

The article has been translated by JoinTheSchwarz over at the FF Europe: Spain forum:

PRELIMINARY SKETCHES FOR INDIANA JONES 4

The first Indiana Jones 4 sketches have been made by a French studio, that hopes to be part of the new adventure starring the hero with the most famous whip and hat in the history of cinema.

According to the French magazine Storyboard, Cinegraph International has made a graphical proposition to George Lucas for Indiana Jones 4.

Not having a storyboard nor a finished story, the making of these sketches has been pretty unusual. Each illustrator has been invited to imagine anything about the action and places for the fourth episode.

From this brainstorm, the theories about the settings have gone in the same direction: Latin America and the Incas.

Now, we'll show you a pair of these wonderful works:

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > Not having a storyboard nor a finished story, the making of these sketches has been pretty unusual. Each illustrator has been invited to imagine anything about the action and places for the fourth episode.

Well, Mr Lucas, I know you're reading this. If you need plot ideas why not visit our hypothetical IJ4 thread . We can draw pictures too, if you want...

6. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I really like the first sketch as well, but it seems doubtful that anything closely resembling this concept art will actually end up in the finished film, if they were done by a studio that only "hopes" to be involved. Still, very cool, and who knows, maybe they could add something to the general pool of ideas that ends up comprising the finished product.

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > Still, very cool, and who knows, maybe they could add something to the general pool of ideas that ends up comprising the finished product.

Yeah! Imagine. Indy on a rope bridge! Indy climbing down into an underground pit!

[face_mischief]

8. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Wait wait, I've got it. The bridge... is boobytrapped!

9. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Hes almost done with the script or done I remember reading

10. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah last report was that Darabont was close to finishing the script. He should be done for now, and then there is the rewrites.

Well I guess the sketches were too good to be true. There was something that didn't smell right from the beginning, and it's not the snake pit ;-).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.