main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Bye, Bye, Bye 'NSync? Not So Fast

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High_55

High_55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    All in all N'SYNC already have had well past their 15 minutes of fame - do they really need more.

I guess it could've been worse - the cameo I mean - they could've had a 1 to 2 minute performance in night club scene

|
    |___|

2. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Don't give them any ideas, High ;) Rick might be watching!

3. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, isaw them on Tv last night, regrettably. It was a night mare of weirdos. Sorry everyone who's a fan. Michael Jackson just frightens me.

Anyway, who's the fat Mexican-looking guy in the band? His name could be Jedi Gato Barracho. Or something......lol......

*ducks and runs away*

4. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    My take:

SPY REPORT: Bye, Bye, Bye *NSync? Not So Clegg Holdfast.

5. Sligty_Worride

Sligty_Worride Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    I wish these threads on this topic would go BYE BYE BYE until the movie opens.

6. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    "I wish these threads on this topic would go BYE BYE BYE until the movie opens."
    heheheh. good one. hehe. hehehehehe. quite funny actually.

7. WampaFood

WampaFood Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2001
    conan o' brian just made fun of the n'sync cameo....... picture this :

n'sync dancing a jig, the camera zooms out and there on t.v., darth vader is drinking beer with a stormtrooper watching this and says," i duuuuunnnnnooo, they seem kinda gay."

alas, you had to have seen it

but aleast we know that everyone is on high spirits for AOTC's

8. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    This is hilarious

Personaly, I'm glad they were cut, but it sure is funny to read in newsweek that voices of reason had to remind fans on theforce.net that decapitation is not an appropriate response.

But still im glad that someone came to their senses. Sounds like nsync is pissed too.

9. Jamhead

Jamhead Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2002
    I hope they are cut for good. I don't care if they are in there for 2 seconds and you can't see them at all...its the fact that they are in there. StarWars doesn't need to sell out to pop culture...it's never been about pop culture. Putting these fools in there would all but ruin my feelings for the entire SW staff.

10. SHB-JR

SHB-JR Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Crimson-Larko

I keep seening this 'Rick did it not GL' stuff being said and I can't agree
    As I said in a PM to a friend who made similar claims at the time :

SHB-JR "AOTC is GL's movie, if they get in it will ultimately be *his* responsibilty for good or ill. Don't go all 'Uncle Joe' on me and start blaming GL's people for what is in *his* movie. You always claim' it's GL's movie to do with as he pleases'. How is this any different? If he didn't support the idea they won't make it to the final cut. GL has to take the blame for the good AND the bad.

If you support the idea of them being in it, fair enough. Just be totally honest and don't use McCallum as a scape-goat. I get the vibe that you ren't totally comfortable about it-otherwise you might not feel the need to defend GL by 'offering up' Rick :) "

End gratuitus self quote.

Now that their thankfully cut I can again say
    GL made a choice it was his to make and he made it.
    So let's not blame Rick. I'm not a fan of his by a longgggggg stretch, but credit or blame where it is due. To GL. He made a bad decision IMHO then corrected it. And in this case for me-while I never said or thought NSYNC would make or brek AOTC, I objected more on principle- credit is due to Lucas for not going down that publicity stunt type road. Since he alone now guides SW destiny he is responsible for any good OR bad in SW

Yours SHB JR

11. bleh19

bleh19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2001
    I think what Crimson Larko is trying to get across is that GL did not "put" NSYNC in the movie. There is a big difference between allowing RM to do a couple pick up shots w/ them as extras and possibly having it make the final cut and GL going out of his way to have NSYNC in the movie which he did not do....

12. Sligty_Worride

Sligty_Worride Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    "I hope they are cut for good. I don't care if they are in there for 2 seconds and you can't see them at all...its the fact that they are in there. StarWars doesn't need to sell out to pop culture...it's never been about pop culture. Putting these fools in there would all but ruin my feelings for the entire SW staff."

This is a perfect example of fanboy extremism at it's worst. 3 non-speaking extras NSYNC members isn't going to ruin your movie, unless you are obsessed, and know exactly what those 3 guys look like. If this was a marketing ploy Lucas would have had all 5 members, especially the most recognized one who isn't even one of the 3 that was filmed. Some of you really need to think this stuff thru better. I don't care either way if they are in the film or not. A less than John Ratzenberger ESB cameo is not going to ruin any movie.

13. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    SHB-JR: Fair enough. Your entitled to have your own on opinion on this. I just think that if you trust what a Lucasfilm Representative says the who can you trust?

14. Darth_Vendetta

Darth_Vendetta Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    "StarWars...it's never been about pop culture."

What are you ON?

Tell that to the precise generation for whom in the late '70s and through the '80s Star Wars essentially defined their intake of pop culture.

Star Wars exists beyond these boards, y'know.

15. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I'm crazy like a foo-hool
    What about it, Daddy Cool?
    I'm crazy like a foo-hool
    What about it, Daddy Cool?

Hm. Nice song.

//whistles, leans back

Back in a moment, gonna make some coffee.

//walks away whistling

16. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    they're only in there because his daughter likes them....... [face_plain]

17. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    True. But I still think it was Rick's idea. I don't care if N'sync is in it or not.. but i'll laugh when(or if) they get blown up ..heheh ehehe. But the point is.. don't make it a big deal out of it. 1 or 2 seconds is nothing. you ppl should know that by now. its just a star wars movie. a movie is a movie. Who cares!!! End of Story!!. Move along.
    Peace!! ;)

18. Darth_Racer

Darth_Racer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    Time to pull the plug on this stupid thread....please !

19. -Madcap-

-Madcap- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I gotta say it...

some of you people are really lame. The fact that this issue got more than five minutes of TFN's time is indicative of some serious social defficiancies among some members of the JC.

Let me ask the people who are so filled with rage and hatred, for people (human beings) they have never met, something... what's it to ya? You don't like N'synch, then ignore them. If you're this worried about it, you need psychological counceling. If you have nothing better to do that complain about a band you hate, i feel sorry for you. I can't honestly say i know any of their music (other than perhaps a song title or two), but they sure as hell sing better than i do and i'm not going to trash them for being in a mucical genre i don't like anyway. I have better things to do.

If you don't like Star Wars Click here

(the above message was, by no means, aimed at all. Some of you displayed admirable character traits during this whole damn fiasco)

20. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Thank You. I was just thinking about that too... ;) Close it!!!!

21. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    For anyone in here to think that their few little messages typed into this board has any influence over a decision that George Lucas will make is laughable. Who really cares if they're in it? It is trivial to real problems in life.

22. -Madcap-

Jun 9, 2001
    What he said

23. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    The thread's probably going to stay open folks. We still need a place to discuss the NSYNC issue (lack of issue more like it). And since PB closed down the old NSYNC thread then this one's it.

24. winter1

winter1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001

What's going on here? Are they cut or not?

:confused:

25. -Madcap-

Jun 9, 2001
    Does it really matter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.