main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009] Reflections on Logic & Love. Post: Sept 23!!!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Bwaha! Girl was concentrating, all right. :p I think she got the most of that coversation, as well. [face_mischief] :p

And then the second was too priceless for words. A professional allure, a physical allure - now, that is what I call ballance. ;) Lovely expressed and beautiful to read. :D

=D=

~MJ @};-

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "Hmmm. Nyota, I do believe you have a desire to demonstrate other of your very admirable, non-work related ... talents."

[face_laugh] [face_love]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Thanks to the amazing, superb! Mira for the suggestions which will play a part in this and future ficlets. :D I asked for recommendations on the flip-side of various "Cherished Moments" diary entries. :cool: :)

~~~~~

The Elements Making Up the Perfect Choice

Nyota's brilliance made her the obvious, best candidate for an assistant. Her thoughtful questions and sharply intuitive answers as well as the subtle intangibles known as "people skills" also played a part in the choice.

Christopher Pike saw the list of potentials and smiled. "I have heard nothing but the most excellent reports of Ms. Uhura." He commented.

What I did not tell him, nor barely admit to myself, was that working with her that closely would be a quite pleasant experience.

We had many avocations in common, and her sense of humor was refreshing.

I definitely was not dwelling upon the fact that her voice was melodic and her features and figure extremely attractive.

If these things crossed my mind (fleetingly, if at all), they were completely .... irrelevant.

Her reaction to my offer to work as my assistant was blatantly happy. It filled her eyes and voice.

I was struck that she wanted the position as avidly as I wished to proffer it.

I was puzzled as to the reasons for her eagerness.

As our relationship blossomed and transitioned to something quite different in nature and depth, the cause became self-evident.

++++

[face_laugh]

SQUEEE! [face_love]

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Perfect match both for the ship and for Spock. [:D]

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Not surprisingly, these two were made to be together. :D

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes perfect and Pike must have seen it too of course;)

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This is just so . . . endearing!

I really do hesitate to put adorable as an adjective when describing him, but it really fits here. I adored his inner debate (and Pike's knowing. [face_mischief]) - very IC and believable.

And then of course she was ecstatic. :p (On that note, I bet that there was some fun Ny/Gaila teasing going on at the same time. [face_thinking])

I am glad to see these viggies started so fast! As always, they are a joy to read. [:D]

~MJ @};-

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Replies

Hi there! Perfect I was immediately struck by the use of that word by my insightful reviewers @};- :) How apt it is, to describe Nyota with her amazing self - in all capacities. [face_love]

"Adorable" -- yuppers, that is definitely what he is :* :* =P~ !!!!!!!!!!

And who wouldn't be ecstatic? LOL As for Gaila and Pike -- [face_laugh] they have an inkling, I have no doubt. A big! one!

Certain ones are more transparent than they realize [face_laugh] [face_love]

~~~~~~~
    A/N: Coping with ... Graeme, the ST version of Luke having fits over Lando [face_laugh] with Mara - little did he know :* he had nothing to worry about, at all.

Much Ado ...

Hearing Nyota speak of her times with Graeme with pleasure and seeing them conversing animatedly on a pedwalk ... didn't exactly set my teeth on edge.

But it came close.

When she told me she had never entertained a desire or romantic attachment towards him, something eased. Before our relationship transitioned, I had thought perhaps he might be as the expression goes: well-suited to her. Then I felt her desire and deep affection towards me, instead, prompting our first kiss.

And she was not loath to pursue a relationship with me beyond the bounds of friendship and colleague.

Her joy at the prospect fairly overflowed.

At one point, I found her writing a note to a friend. I asked if it was to Graeme Carlisle, not expecting an affirmative per se but I knew her fondness for "keeping in touch" and that they were still amicable. I told myself there would be nothing different in her correspondence with Graeme as with any other close acquaintance ...

She smirked, teasingly. "And what if I were?"

I favored her with a slight frown. "Are you, Nyota?"

She blinked at my tone, then smiled.

"No, my sweet heart. You were just so lovable for asking just that way!" She sent the message and then reached out to me. "Everything you do is ..." She trailed off, and she and I shared deep, delighted kisses for a handful of pleasurable moments.

Nyota drew back slightly, while stroking my shoulder, and grinned. "That you could get your knickers in a wad over an almost-was, but-never-could-be tickles me!"

"My knickers were never in a wad, as you phrase it." I rejoined.

"If you say so, love." She laughed.

I crushed her and nuzzled the hollow of her throat, making her purr.

~~~~~+++++

[face_laugh] SQUEEEEE! [face_love] [face_love]

~~~~~~~

A Reciprocal Effect

A mind touch with Nyota was exceedingly easy to initiate even the first time. She did not hold back in an instinctive fashion, as one might expect for the reason that such things were not in her typical realm of experiences.

Yet, Nyota embraced the experience with joy and eagerness to have it repeated.

Our physical intimacy was much the same: fulfilling to us both on so many levels. It fed our emotional closeness, which in turn stirred our physical amorousness.

This reciprocal effect was something we both relished from its inception, all our days.

+++++

D'awwoon! :*

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SQUEEEE and D'AWWOON indeed!!!!

I so love jealous Spock . :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Spock and his oh so human reactions[face_laugh] Love him and the perfect match on all levels

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Haha! Oh that was just priceless to read.

This is everything I wanted this passage to be - I love Spock's 'not jealousy' and Nyota's playing with that just the right amount. :p

Hearing Nyota speak of her times with Graeme with pleasure and seeing them conversing animatedly on a pedwalk ... didn't exactly set my teeth on edge.

But it came close.

AKA, he was right fuming. In Spock-speak. :p [face_whistling]

She smirked, teasingly. "And what if I were?"

I favored her with a slight frown. "Are you, Nyota?"

[face_laugh]!! Such cheek. :p

I love how open and warm their relationship is - it lends itself perfectly to moments like these. =D=

A mind touch with Nyota was exceedingly easy to initiate even the first time. She did not hold back in an instinctive fashion, as one might expect for the reason that such things were not in her typical realm of experiences.

And then there was just so much telling about this last little section.

Even in the closest of relationships, there had to be a little 'hesitation' (would that be the right word?) over the unknown at the alien aspects of such a bond - but she just dives in feet first. In some ways, I think that her comfort with his separate halves so helps his own ease. And the reciprocal effects of such courage and acceptance are . . . beautiful to read. [face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Replies

Hazel - Thanks! :D I love that reaction too, and what it implies. :* :*

__

earlybird - Yes, as do I; and the perfect fit on all levels so true! *melts!!*

__

Mira - I too loved the openness and warmth that allowed her to tease to just the right degree (out of love and delight for his "non-jealous" reaction) LOL I'm very happy to have struck the proper balance in the tone of gentle teasing and strong affection juxtaposed to his possessiveness. :D

I adored the "setting teeth on edge" comment [face_laugh] (Even in TOS, when there was even a slight hint of that possibility of him being paired with someone, it tweaked my last nerve, now I know why--he's for Ny!!!) [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!!!

For Reciprocal Effects, I adore that she was gung-ho! and ready! for the bond. I agree that there could well have been hesitancy not out of questioning the rightness of the whom I'm with or the genuineness of the emotions, but the literal unknown aspect of what to expect.

Her comfort with all of him, courage and acceptance on both sides, leads to a reciprocal delighting and cherishment which is gooifying J_e just thinking about it! :* :* And in such a bonded relationship, you can well imagine that the emotional and physical would lead to an enhancement of either aspect. An aspect which is beautiful to write and read. [face_love]

__

Nat: Thanks. :* :* !!!

~~~~~~

A/N: Oh yum! :D :D

A Mother's Intuitive Grasp

My Mother caught a glimpse of one of Nyota's boots near the front entryway during one of our conversations.

I had doubtlessly been speaking of Nyota at the time ... as was common.

Did she perhaps pick some compelling nuance up in my tone of voice?

She cast another glance towards the door and smiled. "I am so pleased you have found someone so agreeable to work with." She added, eyes sparkling.

Work ... o_O

"Yes, indeed. She is an excellent coworker and very ... close friend." I assented readily.

Something danced in her eyes, the unspoken: "How close?"

Those boots ... they are quite exquisite on Nyota; although she claims they were Gaila's to start with ... on anyone else (for me at least), the strong appeal would be missing something crucial. They accentuate the perfect shapeliness of her calves, and the rich color is a stunning accent to whatever she is wearing.

I believe Nyota found it pleasurable in the extreme on one occasion when I slowly, gently undid the shining buckles, and then let my fingers appreciate and linger over this one facet of her unique beauty.

+++~~~

LOL :*

A/N: Yeah! This next one is total fun!

A Firm, Unshakable Stance

I spoke firmly and decisively before T'Ril, T'Pau, and Solon, on my choice of a life-partner. No one dared disparage my Father's choice, or question Amanda Grayson's worthiness and dignity, courage, generosity of spirit, or warmth.

I found these same incomparable strengths in my own prospective bondmate, I assured them staunchly. I did not feel that traditions needed to be clung to in an irrational fashion, merely because they were traditions. Each individual had to forge their own path with what felt necessary and best for themselves, while of course still holding to the estimable tenets of conduct and treatment of others which bound enlightened, peaceful civilizations together.

I concluded by saying that I would not be entering into any "externally arranged" bonding, no matter how urgent the dictates of circumstance.

When Nyota heard of this later, her loving joy was unbounded and exquisitely expressed.

Then, in one of her regularly-sent notes to me during a later work-shift, she added this passage:

"Imzadi, I am struck by the fact that you certainly could have bowed to the (admittedly unpleasant) dictates of circumstance and put me aside. I would have followed you anywhere, as I've said, but if there was an insistence on another contracted bond for you, and if you had acceded ... I'm beyond touched that you found me, and us, a more

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Spock is so cute [face_love] And I love Amanda!!

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Yeah, work. Right! [face_mischief]

And as for the compelling necessity we know how necessary it is. :p

SQUEEEEE!!!!

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, but the first one was FUN. [face_mischief]

"Yes, indeed. She is an excellent coworker and very ... close friend." I assented readily.

Something danced in her eyes, the unspoken: "How close?"

[face_laugh] Oh, how I love Amanda. [face_love] It is painful at times to think of how much she wasn't able to see - but little moments like this takes the sting from that. :)

I found these same incomparable strengths in my own prospective bondmate, I assured them staunchly. I did not feel that traditions needed to be clung to in an irrational fashion, merely because they were traditions. Each individual had to forge their own path with what felt necessary and best for themselves, while of course still holding to the estimable tenets of conduct and treatment of others which bound enlightened, peaceful civilizations together.

PERFECTLY expressed. =D=

Even Amanda and Sarek had a rocky go at it getting such a bond to be made acceptable (Amanda vs. T'Pau for the win, any time. :p) It truly is a pity that for such an enlightened race, there is such a staunch support of traditions (and even somewhat of a superiority complex, unfortunately) - choosing the logical marriage instead of the emotionally fulfilling one. :( I loved how easily and respectfully he set the record straight - especially in the one instance where as a whole, it could be expected to demand the good of the race over the good of the one. =D=

A more compelling necessity - indeed.

A more fitting description, I've not seen. [face_love]

Another wonderful viggie from you. [:D]

~MJ @};-

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A mother knows;) The first one was fun

And the second

I did not feel that traditions needed to be clung to in an irrational fashion, merely because they were traditions. Each individual had to forge their own path with what felt necessary and best for themselves, while of course still holding to the estimable tenets of conduct and treatment of others which bound enlightened, peaceful civilizations together.

I concluded by saying that I would not be entering into any "externally arranged" bonding, no matter how urgent the dictates of circumstance.

so true.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Replies:

Nat: Each of your comments-- I am in full, unwavering agreement with both. :* :D

__

Hazel: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yup, that's why I put it in there, in just that way [face_mischief] Compelling necessity - as in essential to life, breath, happiness, love, passion, and all sense of wholeness. [face_love] [face_love] !!!! Thanks for the SQUEE! :D

Hugs!!!

__

Mira: As to the first one, that exchange was indeed delightful to write. Amanda is a joy, for sure. :*

Your insightful comments on the second one =D= @};- ... yes, that is one bit of irony, a fat one! The emotionally fulfilling marriage is the logical choice. Duh!! :p

Respectful firmness, that was exactly the tone/blend I was striving for. :cool:

And "compelling necessity" ... I'm stoked you found that apt; I certainly do, blends the lyrical with the factual LOL

Huggles!!!!!!!

[face_love]

~~~~

A/N: hehehe! Love this one!

Not Surprised, but Definitely ... Put Out

Watkins' flagrant and transparently obvious attentions to Nyota were uninvited and completely discouraged; her icy reception to his overtures didn't seem to faze him in the slightest.

I was not surprised that he could find her compelling and attractive; yet, I was ... put out, as the common colloquialism goes, by his persistence.

She assured me that it meant nothing, and we went to the gym, as we quite often did after-shift.

The next day, Watkins had the unmitigated effrontery to ask her for drinks. She put him down firmly and without hesitation, and we shared a spa together.

Nyota must've sensed that I still ... seethed (her word) because she greeted me clad only in a towel and invited me to share a shower with her ... more of her "convincing," as she called it.

She was without dispute stunning, and her love was a radiant warmth across our bond. I assented to her invitation, whereupon I savored my ashal-veh?s loveliness with gentle kisses and eager hands.

Sometime later, after that very enjoyable experience, we lay closely entwined and she whispered: "Did that persuade you sufficiently, love?"

I kissed her eyes and the tip of her nose. "Indeed, but in future, do not let that be the only impetus to sharing such with me again."

She laughed lowly. "In other words, I don't need a reason next time ..."

"Exactly." I replied.

"Oh!" She breathed, and her warm kiss was decidedly elated. I could tell she was in full agreement with my request.

+++++~~~~~

A/N: Inspired by part of a compellingly insightful convo in "Caged and Confused."

The only difference herein is the context.

Supported and Captivated

Our trip and mission to New Vulcan was fraught with all kinds of ... complexities for me. Nyota's loving empathic support was indispensable, and completely appreciated.

My Father's high opinion of her was also much appreciated. He could tell her worthiness and necessity to me on even this brief acquaintance with her.

"There are elements within the New Vulcan governmental infrastructure who are advocating for flexibility and change. They see the tragic events brought on by Nero as a rationale and as a stepping-off point for change, for allowing balance and emotional expression is no longer so strongly eschewed, particularly by the younger echelons." I told her one evening after the mission concluded.

"That is an excellent, admirable step forward. It's not good for a society to stifle its growth and become stagnant. A culture needs courage and wisdom to hold onto what is estimable and yet balance that with moving onto finding points for improvement. It is a positive note in all the tragedy but it is a shame it had to come at that price." She frowned.

I laced my hands within hers and squeezed. "It is a change with which I am in full accord." I admitted. "Thanks in very large measure to ... your influence, love."

"Ah!" She blushed. "Not really?"

I kissed her softly. "I would not say so, if I did not believe it to be the case." I assured her earnestly.

She grinned. "You sweet darling! Once our

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Uhura and her reactions;) And Spock's to her

Love this intensely and it brings laughter after a day at work

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

"In other words, I don't need a reason next time ..." 

Hehehehehehe!!!!! Of course not. :p

Funny and oh so sweet moments. :)

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    These were priceless! =D=

Once again, Spock and jealousy is a combination for the win. :D

And after, I loved revisiting New Vulcan. And this:

"Subtly?" Nyota laughed. "Yes, we certainly don't want to leave the impression we think they don't know their hind end from a hole in the ground."

I raised both brows at her. "You've been around McCoy too much." I observed wryly. "You're starting to pick up his ... unusual turns of phrase."

Priceless. :D

I love the warmth and humor that is here between them - it flows so efortlessly. [face_love]

[:D]

~MJ @};-

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww!! I can't add anything else except that I second Mira wholeheartedly :D [face_love]

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :) I love the natural mix of warmth and humor between them and am glad it felt effortless Yay!

A/N: I was so gonna wait but the second ficlet just begged! to be done!

[face_love]

Song referenced is Eva Cassidy's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

~~~~~

Well-Deserved and Suited

The firestones are a rare and beautiful gemstone, difficult to shape and the mastery of which art takes years of training and apprenticeship to reach a master's level.

When Mother wore them, they were a suitable accent to her innate grace and elegance.

When I gifted them to Nyota, I knew they would be well-suited and well-deserved.

They looked exquisite on her.

She was deeply moved by the gift itself and awestruck by their genuineness and beauty.

It was an honor and pleasure to give them to her.

++++~~

A/N: Woohoo! Yum!

Mystified, then Enlightened Delightfully

Nyota wore her unique boots on our next shore leave after I gifted her with the firestones (and we'd spoken in passing of the boots which I favored upon her.)

We were staying at a lakeside bungalow with a gazebo.

Nyota had those boots on, while she reclined on a chaise with a padd in her hands.

I strolled into the gazebo to find her there, the boots' bright gleam rivaling the dancing sparkle in her eyes.

"Hey." Nyota invited. "Come over here."

I did so, and we shared a hello kiss. I began unbuckling her boots slowly, stroking her calves and thighs.
    She spoke softly of the art exhibit in a nearby city she wanted to see as well as a renowned vocalist before we left in a couple days? time.

I paused and wondered that she could speak so blithely in spite of my gentle caresses.

She smiled. "Something wrong?" She asked casually.

I gave a tiny shrug. "Certainly not."

She stood and picked up the boots and ?padd. "I'm off for a swim after I stow these in the bungalow. Care to join me?"

"I shall see about acquiring admission vouchers to those venues you mentioned." I answered.

"Would you? Thanks." She strolled away.

I gazed after her, bemused.

What had been the point of her wearing the boots, if they had not led to ... what they had initiated on the prior occasions?

I had successfully acquired the vouchers when she returned, wearing a bathing wrap over her swimming attire. After exchanging greetings, she went to change into something very casual: a light blue shirt and shorts.

"Let's order in, shall we? I don't feel like going out tonight. Oh, by the way, I wrote you a little message earlier. It's on your data padd."

I opened the messages folder and read the following:

"My sweetest precious love: I loved the firestones! It was generous of Sarek and of Amanda to think of me. I love what they stood for between the two of them and that you felt I was worthy. I love your strength and courage in the face of all that has happened and I feel blessed to share your confiding, (what I can only call) vulnerable expressions. It touches me deeply that you want to share your life with me. I know this may sound ... over-the-top" here there was a laughing emoticon, "but you fill up my senses and my heart with so much love and joy, passion, and discovery!! Thank you for loving me and needing me."

I closed down the message and found her looking at me with tears in her eyes and a radiant smile.

"In one of my most favorite tales of love," she spoke lowly, her eyes full of deepest adoration, "The lady receives a golden key with a card that says: 'You have the key to my heart.' Then she shares a dance with the man she loves surrounded by all these candles, to one of the most timeless songs ever -- Somewhere Over the Rainbow and he whispers all she means to him: all the hope, joy, love, light, and peace! That is what you've brought to me, and what I hope I've given to you."

I moved to her, crushed her fast and whispered as I kissed her ardently: "You know very well that you have, my cherished ashal-veh."

She grinned, squeezing me back, and murmured between warm

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    And now I've melted again. :D. [face_love]

So throughoutly sweet and warm.

Loved Spock's puzzlement when Ny walked away. [face_laugh]