main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Trek

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by SoloCommand, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Hey come on Aprentize, if everyone here likes Star Trek as well as Star Wars it's their choice.

I used to watch Voyager but that's about it. I prefer Stargate.

2. Aprentize

Aprentize Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    im just saying if they wanna discuss trekkie stuff they can do that in trekkie forums, im sure theres gotta be one of those somewhere...

3. akhun

akhun Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 5, 2000
    Cool down buddy :)

Everyone is entitled to chat about what they like.
    You have lots of forums about things that are not related to SW, so why should Star Trek be banned...

It is not a war to know which one of the two is the best: I love SW, Star Trek, and lots of other things :)

4. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I like trek. Not as much as Starwars but I do like it quite a bit. Enterprise is shaping up to be the best of the bunch.

5. Another.Sky.Walk.er..

Another.Sky.Walk.er.. Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2000
    Aprentize I agree....

I was appauld when I saw the Title: Star Trek in this forum. Go away Go away

When I think of Star Trek I think of William Shatner and it gives me the creeps.

6. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    The point of a community forum is for people to get to know each other a bit more. Talking about other things that interest people is one way of doing that. Many SW fans are also ST fans. More than you may think.

It really is a simple matter, don't read a thread if you do not like the title. Coming into someone's thread just to bash it, can be called trolling and that is a far worse offence than a Startrek thread on a Starwars board.

Any way on topic. Who caught the last Episode of Enterprise? Was anyone else put off by Odo. Even without the smooth forehead his still looked like him. I kept thinking Odo every time he was on. It took me out of the show a bit.

7. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I used to watch the Star Trek movies a lot when I was a kid. My mum was a big sci-fi/fantasy fan, so I was exposed to all kinds of things, though Star Wars ended up being my favourite.

Pretty much the only thing about Star Trek that I thought was really cool though, was the borg, until I picked up Marvel Comics Star Wars #7 from Jan. 1978, and turned to page 16.

Damn Star Trek, ripping off a bad Star Wars comic for ideas.

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I have never read any ST comics. I would imagine Sci-fi comics in general will have a lot of similar themes.

9. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Armin Shimmerman is the elite.

Not only is quark brilliant (although Rom is funnier.)

But Buffy the vampire slayer as well,
    But his character was eaten by the mayor soooo...

10. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    Star Trek is pretty cool :)

11. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I love Star Trek. Good sensible, unadulterated, wholesome television.

12. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    I am a huge, huge, uniform wearing, convention going, useless trivia crammed, DVD owning, capable of quoting entire episodes, bona fide Trekker.

I'd probably be a better Trek Geek that the kid that has appeared in "Beat the Geeks." I knew the questions he missed and almost screamed at the t.v. calling him an idiot! I get carried away sometimes. . .(of course, he is a celebrity Trekkie, I'm not. . .)

BUT, I despise Voyager. I only watch it if I really, really need a ST fix.

13. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    I officially came out of the Trek closet during summer. I had almost all the movies and some episodes from The Next Generation, but still I couldn't care less.
    The thing was I started hanging out with Corran Horn, since we are in the same Fanforce, and he got me into seeing Enterprise. I saw the pilot, and was amazed at how good it was. I got to see the next episode, and so on and so on...

Now I can't miss Enterpise and also can't stop asking question to Corran Horn, the walking ST Encyclopedia.

If you ever want to change somebody's opinion regarding how ST sucks or how bad it is, tell them to watch "Broken Bow" or "Shockwave". ;)

14. _Darth_Vega_

_Darth_Vega_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    I gotta admit, sometimes Kirk/Spock/Bones could be pretty cool, but after they left Star Trek went to crap and will never be good again.

Star Wars is and always has been superior.

15. Emp_Palpartine

Emp_Palpartine Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    YEY FOR STARGATE!!111!! ;)

Emp_Palpartine

16. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I like all of the Trek series except for DS9. Enterprise is ok but its nothing compared to TNG or the Original Series. Voyager had Jeri Ryan in it...Nuff Said :)
    I am also a BIG FAN of Babylon 5. Somehoew I think Babylon 5 overall was a better series IMO. Stargate SG1 was good too, but havent watched it in years.
    Anyway I cant wait for Nemesis. EVEN NUMBERED FILMS DONT STINK

LOL

:D :D :D

Hey Did anyone ever see Free Enterprise or Trekies?

CJ

17. DarthMeatloaf

DarthMeatloaf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2002
    I like Star Trek....to a point. I wouldn't call myself a Trekkie, but I do have proficient knowledge of some of the technology. I don't like DS9, (It was a disappointment to me for some reason) and I haven't missed an episode of Enterprise. Yet.

(On top of that, I can do a _perfect_ Spock imitation)

The techs are good, the acting is convincing, and the ships are visually intriguing.

Btw, I was yelling at that so-called "Star Wars Geek" on BTG. All of those questions, including the (Intensely EASY) ones that he missed, could have been aced by almost ANYONE on this site. :D

18. HeavyMetalSithLord

HeavyMetalSithLord Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    I know i'm the only one in this thread, but here's my 2 cents on Star Trek: I hate it :mad:! I just thought it was a bore compared to Star Wars.

19. Wango_Jango

Wango_Jango Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    I grew up watching reruns ot the original ST, and so it is one of my favorite shows. You have to remember, there was NOTHING else to watch back then. I kind of remember some shows called UFO, another called Starlost (I think) and Space 1999 was on for a couple of years, and that was about it. When Star Wars come out, it blew me away, and I have loved it ever since, but I still watch Star Trek in all it forms (except for the 5th movie!!)

20. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Trust me John, you're going to LOVE Nemesis! Have I ever steered you wrong before? :p

Roll on December 13th (Or January 3rd in my case!) :)

21. Wango_Jango

Wango_Jango Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    From what I've seen on the trailer, it looks great! And no, Happy Ninja, I can't say that you have ;)

22. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Mark

of course you never have....LOL

:D

John

23. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I loved Nemesis. My hopes were rather low for the movie, but I actually enjoyed it. It was a lot better than Insurrection and Generations and thats enough for me!

24. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    I do :) I'm going to watch it tonight :D

25. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    :eek: This thread is still knocking about?

We've just got Season 2 over here, it's not half bad. The Series is starting to pick up.

'Hey, what's this... Romulan Star Empire?'
    'You better not look at that.'

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.