main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars 6.5

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by dolphin, Feb 2, 2013.

1. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Just grab the series of Novels ....Legacy of the force , fate of the Jedi & the single Novel Crucible ....those bridge the gap .

2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Indeed. Animatrix for Star Wars would be a BOSS move.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Totally. Alternatively (or additionally), they could continue with animated stuff in the style of TCW but set in different time periods.

4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    They will probably produce some tie-in into Episode 7.
    I do not know whether it will be a comic book series, a television series or a novel.
    As we were discussing elsewhere, Tartakovsky could do a new cartoon series to bridge the gap between Episode 6 and Episode 7, just as he did for Episode 3.

5. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Disney is a different co. than Lucasfilm, so maybe. Maybe some web shorts. (web shorts? wtf lol)

6. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    That only works if the writers of Ep. 7 choose to honour the existing EU. My belief is that they won't.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Where have you heard this? I doubt it'll be a bridge. It'd be to confusing for the general fans.

8. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Being a huge Matrix fan, the Animatrix anthology DVD with animated segments was superb. Overall, I thought the animation was incredible, and liked how they generally used different animation for each story. Especially liked the noir-like story, as well as the two-part origin story.

So, an equally well-done animated anthology DVD/Blu-ray movie like this with some stories/background about the Episode VII universe (preferably set before the events in EPVII) would be amazing. Maybe it could be released a month or two before Episode VII's release date to hype the film....

Side-note: I believe there have also been some nice animated anthology DVD's released in conjunction with at least one of the recent (2005-on) Batman films.

dolphin likes this.