main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI Star Wars Celebration VI Aug 23-26 2012

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand Admiral Strife, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    In the section about suggesting improvements, I also stated that a little earlier in the summer would be better cause the last weekend in August conflicts too much with school so hopefully they'll have more ppl suggesting that and do something about it. I was able to go but now that work realized they never should have let me leave during move in weekend and the first day of class, they'll never let me leave again. I'm still hearing about how I "abandoned" them

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    The only issue I can say about people wanting it to be in school holidays - would you want to be in Orlando or some of the other places listed when they are in full holiday periods?

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    To be honest, the "busy" season in Orlando is overrated. I've been there plenty of times during the summer months and it has never been the madhouse that everyone makes it out to be. Plus, being a tourist town, there will never be an "off-season." We found that out the hard way a year ago when we went down in January. The kids in the US might have been in school, but the same could not be said for other countries. The place was packed with Brazilians since it was during their summer break.

No matter what time of year they have it, Orlando will always be crowded to some extent. But really, we don't have to worry too much about that being at the convention center and all.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  4. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    Actually in there are times when the parks have virtually no lines. Off the top of my head I am thinking October, November, before the holidays (Halloween Horror Nights excluded). These times are amazing. The park has people in it but you don't have wait for anything. I probably shouldn't be saying this...But the school vacation days are teh worst, like right before school starts? Horrible. 3-4 hour waits for one ride? I personally can't believe people pay money for that. So..crowded times are school holidays. Can't remember if spring break is crowed, but it would make sense that it would be.

5. dante144

May 26, 2005
    That being said, people do do the school holiday. I have even been to the parks in these times and braved those lines. Usually for family (and usually with free tickets).

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree that the Fall is really the ideal time to be there. The crowds are pretty manageable and the weather tends to be really nice. Other than that, I've never had a bad experience with wait times for attractions being that long and like I said above, we've been there plenty of times in the summer (4th of July week included) and no real complaints. The only time it was really bad was on New Year's Eve. We were in one of the Disney parks that year and that was the worst I've ever seen the crowds. Maybe we just had a lot of luck? I don't know

But again, I guess this only pertains to those people who intend to spend time at the parks and other attractions outside of the convention itself.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  7. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    ^ It's not just about going to parks and attractions away from OCCC. One of my favorite aspects of San Diego Comic-Con is the activity that takes place right outside of the convention center and in the neighboring Gaslamp Quarter. Half of my photos from that event are shot outdoors in the middle of the day - something that just doesn't happen in Orlando's Summer humidity.

Hold the convention in mid-Spring or Autumn, and I guarantee you'd see people spending a lot more time outdoors.

8. dante144

May 26, 2005
    May the 4th springs to mind.

9. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    At CVI, I shot the following video with the help of Daniel Logan and others commemorating our 25th Anniversary.

10. DarthGaddy

DarthGaddy Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2013
    A little late, but a fun watch.