main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Channel?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JoeyArnold, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I could see it happening like 20 years down the line, after Episodes 7-9, 3-5 spin off movies, and 2-3 more TV shows.

It could feature

Episodes 1-9

Spin off movies

Clone Wars cartoon, TCW CGI Show

Future tv shows

Documentaries like Science Of Star Wars, When Star Wars Ruled The World

Parodies like Spaceballs, Family Guy, Robot Chicken and hopefully Spaceballs 2: The Search For More Money

Star Wars weekly or monthly news show

Don't think a Star Wars/Avengers movie would work but wouldn't mind seeing a Star Wars/Avengers crossover CGI show, not being cannon to anything of course.

Would also be cool to have a CGI lightsaber duel fantasy bracket, rank Jedi and Sith from movies/games/books from 1-16, 1-32, 1-64 whatever. Then put them in a bracket and see who comes out on top. Imagine seeing Yoda Vs. Maul, Kit Fisto Vs. Plo Koon, Vader Vs. Mace, Darth Bane Vs Mara Jade, etc. Do like 1-2 fights a week, drag it out over a long period of time. It would be like March Madness for Star Wars fans, call it Force Madness.

2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I was flipping channels the other day, and saw some Lego Star Wars thing - I have no idea what it was. It was like the game, if it were a TV show. For some reason, Han and Luke were on Naboo, and Han shot a guy. Luke said "Han, geez man - you shot that guy first!" Han replies, "Of course I did, I mean, it was either him or me, why wouldn't I shoot first?" Luke says, "I don't know man, I can't understand why anyone would even debate that."

If that's the kind of thing we can make an entire channel out of, count me in. That'd be great for sick days from work.

3. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    spaceballs, I was always disappointed they didn't make actionfigures for that.:(

4. Corran1138

Corran1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    This is exactly how I have been thinking lately. There is far too much EU. It's hard for me, an avid Star Wars fan who has been reading Star Wars books since I was a kid, to keep up with everything that comes out. I try to read every novel, but doing so is very time consuming. To keep up with both comics and novels would be impossible. Oversaturation is not helpful, and it certainly puts off younger fans. What if only two novels came out per year? One following the post-ROTJ story, and one in another time period. This would allow much more anticipation of the novels that do come out, and Del Ray would be more careful about the books they do put out, so we don't end up with a bunch of filler like the entire FOTJ series.

This is exactly what I would worry about with TV shows and movies if there was enough material for an entire network. Having too many TV shows running at once can ruin a franchise, as it did with Star Trek. Casual fans get bored of it, and get lost because there is simply too much material to keep up with. This is the same with films. We shouldn't be getting a new Star Wars film every year, even if this involves spin off stories. Half the fun with this stuff is the anticipation in the gap between new materials.

5. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    They have yet to do that to Pixar or Marvel. I really don;t understand why everyone seems to think Disney will come in and run the show in order to pump their own people in it. They have proven themselves to be a fair and benevolent dictator for some time now.

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't think they shoehorned the Jonas Brothers into John Carter Of Mars, but they did interfere with the title and marketing, etc. A lot of people argue Disney killed that film (which seems more now than it ever did like a practice run for Star Wars).

7. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You can make your own Star Wars podcast on Youtube. SuperShadow 2.0?

8. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    That was all Disney involved though. People fail to see the difference. You can;t compare the Star Wars franchise to John Carter. They did not purchase a whole studio and license to scrap and do themselves, they purchased a story and made it into a film with all Disney. A comparison with Pixar and Marvel is much more applicable. With Pixar and marvel it is the people in those companies that actually make the films, Disney just hands out the cash. Disney did not buy Star Wars, it bought Lucasfilms and all the comes with it. Lucasfilms is still heading up the production. The John Carter comparison does not come even close to fitting.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    As a result of the Disney aquisition I think its likely an SW channel could pop up on Hulu at some point.

10. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    You're right about the distinction between Disney-proper and Disney's 'protectorates', and you're right that in many ways it's wrong to compare the SW franchise to the John Carter franchise, though stylistically it looks an awful lot like a certain, PT film don't you think? ;)

I actually loved JC. The best Disney film since Straight Story. It's a shame it got such negative press.

Who is responsible for the marketing of Marvel and Pixar films? Is Disney strictly hands off? Have they ever corrupted an acquired company (as opposed to an acquired story or character) before?

11. Fleab88

Sep 12, 2012
    Good questions that I sadly do not have the answer to. I would assume the studios making the films would be largely responsible for the marketing, specifically whoever they higher as the producer? In this case it would be Kathleen Kennedy, and I am pretty confidant in her ability with that. As for any other companies Disney has owned and damaged none come to mind, but that certainly doesn't mean none exist. Even Disney makes mistakes obviously, and this is certainly no guarantee, but I am not nearly as concerned over Disney's intervention as others may be. No, if these movies flop it will be the fault of Lucasfilm itself as opposed to Disney I would say.

12. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    this would really be dumb no offense.... you cant over do star wars. they will run out of material. you cant pressure them to make this much stuff. because the quality will suffer extremely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.