main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS Debate thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthLucanas, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkTendous

DarkTendous Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    lol yes jeffbacca you are right. I have a question to ask you all. I read on supershadow.com that the most powerful jedi was Luke, i find that hard to believe. How and in what way was he the most powerful?

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Its a matter of opinion. In my mind Qui Gon Jinn was probably the best Jedi. However, Palpatine was probably the most powerful. Once people have seen Episode III I will clarify more.

3. MasterSpike

MasterSpike Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Why should Boba run away then become a bounty hunter. I say he should have shot Mace Windew for revenge ya know

4. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Somehow I don't think he'd pull it off at his age ;)

As for Luke, it depends on what you consider powerful. He was tempted to the Dark Side, very nearly turning but did not. And he also turned his father away from the Dark Side.
    I will argue up and down that Yoda was/is the most powerful Jedi. No contest at least as far as Force abilities go. And with 900 years of understanding behind him, who could have more knowledge?

Thought this was interesting, from TOS:

To design and choreograph the [final duel]sequence -- as well as the myriad other action-packed scenes in Revenge of the Sith -- Gillard says he first discussed with writer-director George Lucas the fighting prowess of each of the characters, which were ranked against other Jedi on a scale of 1 to 10.

"Obi-Wan is at a level 8, which is where Anakin starts. But Anakin jumps to level 9 -- and the difference between 8 and 9 is enormous. A Jedi can get to level 9, but that's the difference between light and dark. The duel actually gives you quite an idea about these characters, because Anakin has learned the fighting, he's enormously talented -- but he hasn't learned the mental side of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.