main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Star Wars Episode III - Midnight Screening - Hoyts Carousl

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Master_Kaustin, Feb 8, 2005.

?

Star Wars Episode III - Midnight Screening - Hoyts Carousl

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

92.3%
  2. No

7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Last time I was spoiler free to the extent of avoiding trailers. This time I'm still going spoiler free but I'm not being quite as particular about it so trailers are fine. Certainly looks promising.

2. Master_Kaustin

Master_Kaustin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hey all,

Just an update, no word from Hoyts as yet, but Im putting the pressure on big time at the moment, so it shouldnt be that far away!

Also just want to advise La Premiere is Full, so to those people who Ive talked to or talked to me... You know who you are... If there are any further seats that come available for the La Premiere section i will post..

Other then that I have had a website made up where you can submit name/phone, and how many tickets you require for general seating, i will release this when I get confirmation from hoyts on prices :)

Anyways thanks for you patience! I know its not far away, and i was hoping to have tickets in your hands by now :( its very sad! hehe... No long though!

Darran

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    damn it. looks like i missed LP then :(

4. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Yeah well, you were in sydney so I didnt think I would need to hold a seat... SO yeah if any come up ill message ya..

:p

5. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    you could have asked

6. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    well by the look of the thread on the NSW Boards it said your moving over there... I didnt see any info on there until about a week or 2 ago that you were coming back..
    La premiere has been pretty well booked since i decided to book a cinema... most of knighthood and there partners, and then friends from my work... and yeah its pretty much full..

More the question is, you should have advised me you were coming back and to hold you a ticket, im not running around for anyone :) There will be plenty of general seating available.. So watch this space for the website :)

7. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    so in short you made an assumption and decided not to ask.

8. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    I wouldnt really call it an assuption :) but okay.. hehe anyways dont really wanna argue... so yeah tehre will be plenty of general seating if you wanna come to my one..

*yawn* work sucks

9. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm sorry, but is it really impossible for someone on this forum to be able to organize an event and not have someone jumping down their throat and ruining it for everyone?

Just once I'd like to see an event organized that everyone will be happy about. Kaustin has gone to a lot of effort so far to get what he has organized, he's not had anything confirmed from Hoyts yet which really wouldn't be making the organization of it any easier and he doesn't need people complaining that they don't get a Prem seat.

Kart, no-one knew that you were coming back. As far as any of us knew you were moving over there for good. I only found out you were back when you spoke to me yesterday about organizing a meet.

You seem to have made the assumption that a seat would be reserved for you on the off-chance that you would be in Perth for the premiere. I thought any SW geek would jump at the chance of going to the prem at FOX studios!

I'm sorry, I know it really isn't any of my business. But it just really gets on my nerves when someone has gone to a lot of effort to organize something and when one little thing goes wrong they feel the need to make a huge fuss over a small mistake.

Right, I've had my say. I'll go back to butting out now. But honestly, thanks heaps Kaus for organizing what you have so far. I hope that Hoyts get off their butts and confirm stuff so that the ball can get rolling properly.

10. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'm not out to make a mess of everything here. I made an honest mistake, where unfortunately what I thought I had done had not been (I had sent an email asking for a ticket, I never believed it would be just there waiting for me, but I've been told the email never came through. That's my error, and my error alone).

Kaustin has done a fantastic job organising this, as he has done before.

And to clear the matter up, I made it clear in previous posts that Sydney was not perminant until certain things had been sorted out, which have not been until later down the track. I apologise for any confusion caused by that.

11. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    aw, missed out, nm. :(

yeah, but gw though, wasnt knockin. Was waiting for some kind of official confirmation before putting my dibs in, guess I shoulda said somethin earlier. Nm

12. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    56 days!

ohhh the excitement :D:D

go kaustin!!

13. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Is it really only 56 days? And Hoyts still haven't confirmed? Maybe someone needs to go all sith on their arses or something?

14. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
  15. Jayd

Jayd Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    There's always Greater Union Innaloo... Gold Class is pretty much the same thing as La Premiere. And Greater Union would be REALLY happy to have your business, they've been getting bought out across Perth.

16. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    ahh, well Gold Class doesnt have as many seats as i want, and I have been told its already been booked!

So i have told hoyts that.. so hopefully it will be sorted out soon... :) i should know within the week

17. Ivo

Ivo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2002
    How about going to a real cinema with the rest of us fortunate enough not to be able to take time off work to go to Perth to watch ROTS. Everyone knows that the largest cinema screen on the planet resides at Ace-Viewway Cinema in Kalgoorlie, not to mention the most awesome sound system available. [face_laugh]

18. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    hahah.. maybe because most people are in perth :) and also the cinema im trying to get is a Cinemaxx cinema :) plus certain other perks for people that buy tickets..

:)

19. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Shows how dedicated I am to fanforce. Despite living walking distance from that awesome Kalgoorlie cinema, I'll be taking time off work to make the journey all the way to Perth - just so I can be with my old buddies in the inferior cinema there. ;)

20. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    52 days....

and those spoiler-full TFN icons!!

21. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I remember 3 years ago I was complaining about spoiler icons. I feel your pain even though I'm not quite as concerned about spoilers this time. :)

22. Jayd

Jayd Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I am PARANOID about spoilers. I'll completely close a window if even a HINT of something Star Warsy pops up. Unless I'm familiar with the site, like I am with some of the boards on here.

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    For AOTC I remember sitting in a cinema with my eyes closed and blocking my ears when a trailer for AOTC I wasn't expecting came on. Musta looked ridiculous but I didn't care. :) Still heard a lot of the trailer though. :(
    This time I'm not actively avoiding spoilers but I'm not going spoiled rotten like I was for TPM. I haven't found out much about ROTS since most spoilers really have to be looked for. I found AOTC a lot more enjoyable because of all the things I didn't know before hand.
    I guess it goes without saying to avoid anything with Angela Bishop in it, but I guess that's sound advice in any case. :p

24. Master_Kaustin

May 17, 2002
    Okay,

Heres the deal, Cinema is confirmed, I definatly have a full cinema for the premiere. Costs though aren't 100% sorted they are having a meeting tomorrow to sort them out... So I should have them within the next couple of days...

For people that want to book tickets, there are terms involved... these will be available on the below website in the next couple of days...

So for now please submit if you want tickets.. if you do submit through the website it is a confirmed booking. And I will email you back if you have tickets or not ( as i expect they will fill fast )

So please hit the below link

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kausty/starwars.html

And thanks :p

25. monkey_abbot

Jun 14, 2002
    yay! tickets!

anyone else being a hermit over the next 2 months?

sitting quietly at home, avoiding tv, newspaper and movies so as not to be spoiled horribly...

i've had too many spoilers already (damn 60 minutes exlusive preview) and i am so paranoid.

but oh the excitement!

i went spoiler full....for AOTC, and i still didnt know much about it :S the end surprised me so much - i dont remember seeing those animals anywhere....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.