main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Star Wars: Episode VII - "The Empire of the Jedi" (RPG) **Next Session: TBA**

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    The year is 200 ABY. It has been almost two centuries since the end of the Great Galactic Civil War that almost destroyed the Galaxy. The citizens of the Galaxy have shed old names such as "New Republic" and "Galactic Federation of Free Alliances" and have taken back the simple name of GALACTIC REPUBLIC.

Peace and prosperity are now a reality.

The Republic is once again protected by the noble JEDI KNIGHTS. The New Order has survived countless battles, including the devastating Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Always following the example of the Skywalker, the Jedi Council leads the brave knights from the Jedi Temple, deep in the waters of the Republic capital of Mon Calamari.

The Galaxy has entered a new Golden Age.

Thrakan Solo, the senior Jedi Master of the Jedi Council, deep in meditation, is interrupted by a transmission from Republic intelligence. He slowly opens the holoproyector to see the image of his sister, Leia Solo, head of RI.

"Thrakan, the reports have been confirmed by our spies. It is as we feared."

"I understand. Keep me informed."

He flicks the holoproyector off and carefully stands up. He lazily massages his forehead as he looks out the viewport of his chambers, staring at the sea creatures dancing in the dark ocean in front of him.

"The reports are true," he ponders, "this could very well mean the fall of the Republic and the end of the reign of the Jedi in this Galaxy..."

Here is my proposal for the next RPG. As stated before, it is set 200 years ABY, which is about 160 years after the Vong invasion. The idea is to have a campaing with Jedi primordially. Feel free to choose any Jedi class in any book, especially the Light Side handbook.

If you want to play and don't want to use a Jedi, I will have space for non-Force users, but they are limited.

I am working on the kinks right now. If anybody wants to help me GM this it will be appreciated since I'm planning something in a movie scale...that means in a very, very big scale. I'm am deciding how many players there should be and how many Jedis and non-Jedi characters to add, so as for now just post your interest and your preferred type of char.

If you decide to use a Jedi, the idea is for you to use the full extent of the Force. To use the Force like it has never been used in an RPG before.

Well, that is all!

2. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    You have my lightsaber. Esta si que no me la pierdo.

Voy a jugar un jedi investigator, mujer. I think.

Tengo bastante tiempo libre excepto en Julio que me voy de viaje todo el mes.

3. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Coolness. Tan pronto sepa cual sera mi work schedule, decidimos el ritmo de las sesiones.

Estoy explorado Jedi Classes. Voy a postear aqui algunas classes custom pronto.

4. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Para mi suena interesante jugar un Jedi que utilice un estilo de pelea exotico, a la Mace Windu.

Cuando empezariamos a jugar? Cuando serian las sesiones? Cual seria el starting level de los personajes? Cuanto seria el numero maximo de jugadores?

5. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Todas tus preguntas van a ser contestadas Jan. Estoy setting los detalles. Ahora mismo quiero ver que interes hay y quienes les gustaria jugar.

Esta campaña tambien va a tener un twist...diferente. More details in a while...

Tambien, recuerden algo. Esto es el principio de los que seria el "Sequel Trilogy." Piensen en eso cuando piensen en sus personajes... ;)

6. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Do Wookiees stink when they get wet? What does their urine taste like?

7. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Mace Windu, boxers or briefs?

8. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I say count me in! I don't know playing a jedi would be nice, but it just doesn't suit my style.......too restrictive.....how about a droid? or a tech something I have never used before......a wookiee tech? lol no dont think so. I'm in but im not a force user.

9. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    There you go, Pete. Two Jedis and one non-Force so far.

10. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Me interesa ser un Jedi. ¿Cuánto tiempo tenemos para crear un personaje?

¿Dónde rallos estan los decendientes de Luke?

11. digital-skywalker

digital-skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    dos experiencias buenas eh tenido con los RPG que hemos jugado... Digou (Force Adept, begginings of Jedi Guardian) and Ghoular (Soldier, mercenary style)

me gusta mucho la mistica de la Fuerza, y creo que dentro de las limitaciones q tuvo Digou las pude manejar bastante bien. aunque la libertad de no estar atado a la fuerza en el caso de Ghoular me encanto.

estoy en un 50/50 situation.... definitivamente deseo participar... however, i still have to give some thought on the character i will use... naturally, it will be a descendant of the Maszann's

12. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    El no saber NADA de la historia de los Vongs o como se llamen, afecta?

Si no afecta, jugare como un force user.

13. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Tumba, seria interesante que intentaras un Jedi, seria muy out of character y un challenge. Y estoy creando un Jedi Class para ti. Pero si no te gusta, estas bienvenido a no ser Jedi. ;)

Rafa: No importa tres pepinos que no sepas de el EU. Despues que sepas lo que paso en E IV-VI estamos bien.

Roman, Digi, estan muy bienvenidos. Harian Jedis cool en esta nueva orden.

Donde estan los decendientes de Skywalker...bueno, eso lo averiguaran... ;)

14. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    can there be any space for a cheap headhunter called Resnor Gray?

15. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Do I even have to say it?

I'm in

type of character don't know Luis beat me to the jedi investigator, pero dime lo que te haga falta Pete y vemos.

16. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
    Any room for a Jedi Ace? Someone needs to fly you blokes around the galaxy, or do you all plan on hitchhiking with correlian smugglers? ;)

17. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Tony, Reznor has been dead a looooong time when the timeframe of this RPG comes.

Ok, I custom made four new Jedi Classes. Check them out and then decide your class. You can also use prestige classes, but we'll tone'em down. These four new classes can be extremely powerful if used right. They are all very different in skills and special abilities. Read them carefully and see which fits your style. Also, there will be three different Jedi weapons available, check them out at the end of this post. I'mm paste here the basics of each class, for the rest of the stuff download this Jedi Class Word file.
    These are a work in progress, so when we play they can change a bit or two. ;) Feel free to ask questions!

Feel free to begin a list with your desired class so I know who'll be playing as what class.

Jedi Beastmaster

Characteristics
    The Jedi Beastmasters use the Force to forge a connection between themselves and other living things. They connect very deeply with different types of animals. They spend their time training in the Force with different kinds of animals. At the beginning of the Jedi?s training, he or she is Force bonded to an animal of their choice. The animal and the Jedi become partners for life. The death of one of the partners is very traumatic for the survivor and it is not uncommon that they do not survive it. Beastmasters should have high charisma, intelligence and wisdom.

Vitality: 1d8 Starting Credits: 1d4 x 250

Class Skills
    Knowledge, Spot, Listen, Climb, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Listen, Ride, Survival.
    Skill Points at 1st level: 6 + Int modifier x 4 Skill Points at each level: 6 + Int modifier

Starting Feats
    Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Force Sensitive, Weapon Group Proficiency: blaster pistols and simple weapons, Skill Emphasis: Handle Animals.

Special Features

Animal Companion: At lvl 1, Jedi Beastmasters are bonded to an animal who becomes their partner. A Jedi Beastmaster usually know what their animals are feeling and thinking. A DC 10 check is needed to know this. A Beastmaster can issue commands to his/her companion animals. A DC check of 10 is needed for the animal to follow simple commands like ?attack? or ?follow?, a DC check of 15 for complex commands like ?punch in this code? or ?go get a certain person.? Character wisdom modifier applies plus animal?s intelligence modifier.
    The animal companion gains experience at half the rate of the character and gains new feats every third level.

Familiarity: At lvl 2, a Jedi Beastmaster becomes familiar with his/her companion animal. They receive a +1 in all checks with their companion animal.
    Trust the Force: Once a day, a Jedi Beastmaster can reroll any dice involving animals.

Instruct: At lvl 5, a Jedi Beastmaster gains the ability to Handle Animals through the Force. He/she can do anything the Handle Animal skill through the Force without time limitations once a day. A DC 15 is needed. Character wisdom modifier applies plus animal?s intelligence modifier. Each additional Instruct gained, the character can use this skill an additional time.

Bond: At lvl 7, a Jedi Beastmaster gains the ability to bond another character to an animal. The target character must have ranks in Handle Animals or the Animal Affinity Feat. DC is 15 for Force users, 20 for non-Force users. Character wisdom modifier applies plus animal?s intelligence modifier.

Animal Telepathy: A Beastmaster has a special form of Force Telepathy designed to contact the minds of animals. Using this, a Beastmaster can "talk" to animals. An animal of the same class as the companion (predator, herd, vermin, ect) is a DC 15. Any other animal is a DC 20. Wisdom modifier and animal's intelligence modifier applies.

Jedi Vaapad

Characteristics
    The Jedi Vaapad are trained in the ways of the legendary Jedi Master Mace Windu. Windu created a fighting style called Vaapad. Jedi Master Thales Cinna recreated the ancient Vaapad sty

18. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    So, I'll open 8 player slots. I'll fill them in the following list. If anybody in the list doesn't want to play, tell me and I'll close the slot. If you have chosen your class, add it into the list.

1. Luis
    2. Jan
    3. Jesus
    4. Ricardo
    5. Rafa
    6. Tumba
    7. Tony
    8. Digital

With this many players, I would like a co-GM. Juan, you up for the job, Mr d20 Wizard?

19. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    el Jedi Umbra me intriga

si tengo que ser un jedi y no te hace falta mas nada Pete, hago eso.

20. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Aquí mi personaje, hace tiempo que no me pompeaba para un RPG como hoy.

Name: Aurora Sassany
    Race: Twi'lek, yellow skin
    Class: Jedi Investigator
    Alignment: Good/Light Side
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 148 lbs
    Appearance: Athletic build, amputated left tekklu.
    Weapon of choice: Purple Lighstaber (Form V)

Aurora Sassany was born in the festering space port of Nar Shadaa. Daughter of a crime lord, she grew up among the rich and infamous of the spice trade. As a toddler, she portrayed great intelligence and communication skills. Her father, Onuro Sassany, made her his favorite child, showering her with gifts and pleasantries. Onuro secretly hoped she would inherit the family business.

A lazy morning, when Aurora was only six years old, an armed assault team broke into the Sassany Estate in Nar Shadaa. Sent by a rival gang, the thugs ransacked the house in search of Onuro. To their disdain the twi'lek was off planet, so in his stead they took little Aurora hostage. As a token of their appreciation, the squad leader severed Aurora's left tekklu as proof of her capture.

For three years Aurora was stowed in cargo holds, moving throughout the galaxy, her only companion being The Force. She learned to read minds, to detect when someone lied, and most important, she now understood the inner workings of the criminal underworld.

At the age of nine, her ship was taken in for rutinary cargo inspection. A jedi master, who had just unloaded in the same spaceport felt a strong disturbance in the force. Trusting his instincts, he asked the customs agent if he could join him. His gut was right, amid the inspection he discovered a secret cargo bay, and a quick lightsaber slash later, he was face to face with a skinny, dirty, little twi'lek girl.

After arresting the kidnappers, Master Khelvar, a bearded scruffy looking jedi, took Aurora under his wing. Sensing her potential as a force user, Khelvar was determined to take her as his padawan.

Yet all Aurora wanted to do was see was her father. She convinced the jedi to take her to Nar Shadaa. The father-daughter reunion took place at last. A sobbing Onoru embraced her daughter and announced a 7 day celebration.

But it was short-lived. Armed with all the knowledge she had gained, Aurora quickly saw through him. All she had known was a lie. Her beloved father was a criminal mogul, responsible for the suffering of millions in the galaxy. Because of him she had suffer for three years. Anger consumed her, then regret. She was too weak to confront her father, so she fled to Mon Calamari and sought out Master Khelvar.

The Jedi Council allowed Khelvar to teach her. Her insatiable sense of justice made her the perfect counterpart to a seasoned investigator as he. With her aid, Khelvar brought down many of the most notorious crime lords since Jabba the Hutt.

At age 24, after the death of her master at the hands of an unknown crime lord, Aurora was promoted to jedi knight. She joined the Jedi Bureau of Investigations. Her peers see her as a model, the true archetype of the investigator, ruthless and inquisitive. For them, she had withstood adversity and won.

Yet something tore her from the inside, she knew who had killed her master, a man of power, a man of terror, a man by the name of Onoru.

Her weakness had cost her dearly. The amputated left lekku reminded her every day.

21. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Apuntame para el Jedi Vapaad. No se escribe Vaapad? Pregunta, las habilidades de esas clases estan "set in stone" o podemos cambiar par de cositas? Me gusta bastante como desarrollaste la clase pero hay algunos pequeños detalles que me gustaria dialogar contigo para representar mejor lo que tengo en mente para mi personaje.

In order to have a balanced party, I suggest that at least two of the players should spend a lot of points on Healing skills, one should take the role of scout, there should be someone with tech expertise, and two others should excel at long range fighting. Just a rough estimate.

Nice char, Luis.

22. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Coolnes Luis!

1. Luis- Jedi Investigator
    2. Jan
    3. Jesus
    4. Ricardo
    5. Rafa
    6. Tumba
    7. Tony
    8. Digital

Ricardo, preferiblemente Jedi. No te estoy forzando, pero seria mejor para la campaña.

Jan, tienes razon con el spelling. No estaba seguro. Que tienes en mente par habilidades? Como dije, estan en procesos de tweaking, los postee aqui para que tengan una idea.

23. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    choices, choices, choices.

You must understand I seldom get to play and well its like buying a new car. I tailored a Droid yesterday to be the companion of Jan's Character. BUT if you do explain the beastmaster Jedi I might consider him. If I can make him a more feral like Jedi too more in afinity with the beast and natural world than the normal world. In fact I'm thinking of going to borders and looking up the alien species, I dont want him human I want him more animalistic to better suit it's link. Does the creature level up at all? Because it would suck that the creature ends up getting all the feats and I don't or that I do and the creature doesn't get anymore feats. Also the whole thing of which creatures we are limited to.

Let me know so I can make the character quickly and compare.

24. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    1. Luis - Jedi Investigator
    2. Jan - Jedi Vaapad
    3. Jesus
    4. Ricardo
    5. Rafa
    6. Tumba
    7. Tony
    8. Digital

Pete, te voy a adelantar par de detalles por PM y el resto lo averiguo cuando busque par de cosas en el libro (me dejaste sin libro! :p ). Pero en general es bastante parecido a lo que tengo en mente.

25. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Tumba, esa es la idea basica de el Beastmaster. Como entrenan con animales y la Fuerza generada de ellos, pues estan mas comodos con la naturaleza que con los humanos. Lo puedes jugar muy feral si quieres, y creo que funciona mejor si no es humano. El limite que le veo a la criatura es que sa algo facil de manejar, como un Nexu o hasta un Wampa, algo no muy exageradamente grande y poderoso. O sea, no un Gundark o un Rancor!

Me gusta mucho tu idea de leveling up el animal. Eso lo podriamos trabajar.

Jan, necesitaba el libro para empezar a prepararme. Buy your own, biatch! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.