main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Fan Days II - October 25-26 - Plano Texas

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by JediJustin, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Definitely gonna try and make this in October!!

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/Fan-Days-II.html

My wife and I missed out on Fan Days 1 - hopefully this time we will make it.

- Justin

2. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/Next-Convention.html
    Hasbro
    Hasbro will be setting up a display featuring the latest and greatest toys from the Star Wars saga.

Steve Sansweet
    Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm will be presenting a panel discussing everything new and exciting that is coming up from Lucasfilm. Maybe we'll get a Celebration 5 confirmation out of him?

Celebrities
    The following celebrities will be attending and signing autographs.

Jewel Staite - Serenity/Firefly: Kaylee
    Orli Shoshan - Star Wars: Shaak Ti
    Leeanna Walsman - Star Wars: Zam Wesell
    Erin Gray - Buck Rogers: Col. Wilma
    David Acord - Clone Wars: Rotta the Hutlet & more!
    Ashley Eckstein - Clone Wars: Ashoka!
    Matthew Wood - Clone Wars: Grievous & More!
    Tom Kane - Clone Wars: Yoda & Narrator
    Robert Watts - Producer ESB & ROTJ, Producer Indiana Jones, Lt Watts in ROTJ

Attending Artists
    Dave Dorman - Artist guest of honor
    Paul Allen Ballard
    Spencer Brinkerhoff
    Matt Busch
    Joe Corroney
    Grant Gould
    Robert Hendrickson
    Tom Hodges
    Ben Curtis Jones
    Randy Martinez
    Mark McHaley
    Cat Staggs
    Chris Trevas
    Marc Wolfe

Collecting Panels
    Collecting historians Gus Lopez and Duncan Jenkins return to inform the masses about everything you could possibly imagine about Star Wars collecting!

If you are from the MidSouth FanForces, be sure to stop by the MidSouth table!
    MidSouth FanForce will have some cool events, stay tuned!

3. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
  4. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    There are now over 20 artists in attendance, Peter Mayhew and David Prowse have been added as well.

MidSouth FanForce will have a table at the event, and will have trivia contests and a raffle with some cool prizes!

5. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    This was an awesome event this year - though I was a bit overwhelmed by Saturday's attendence due to Bruce Campbell joining the con. Wow! What a line that was to wait in.

I've heard rumors of Star Wars Fan Days III for next year, so I suppose we should stay tuned.

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    this is a copy of the 'press release' I have sent out to rebelscum, force.net, and ForceCast:

Just thought I'd pass along the top three winners in our trivia contest this past weekend, along with the winner of the raffle:

and the winning trivia question: What do C-3PO, the Wampa, Zam Wessel, Anakin Skywalker, and Ponda Baba have in common?
    Answer: all lost their arm; C-3PO when he was knocked off the cliff by the Tusken Raiders, all the rest by lightsaber.

Trivia winners:
    1st place: Robert Rodriguez of the Star Wars Society of San Antonio, went home with the Hasbro WalMart exclusive Clone Wars Gunship, with 2 clone pilots, 4 clones, Anakin, and Ahsoka figures, as well as a Hasbro 12" figure, a 2002 Clone Wars figure, and an Official Pix autograph.
    2nd : Jesus "Master Geek" Gonzalez, won the Red Leader TRU exclusive X-Wing, a Hasbro 12" figure, a 2002 Clone Wars figure, and an Official Pix autograph.

3rd: Gary Christeson won a Hasbro 12" figure, a 2002 Clone Wars figure, and an Official Pix autograph.

For the Raffle, the Austin Fan Force raised $200.00 for the Red Cross of Central Texas for hurricane relief efforts! A big THANK YOU to everyone who bought tickets! The winner of the Clone Wars Fan Days II poster was Lance Huebel from Austin. The poster was signed by ALL attending artists and guests, including BRUCE CAMPBELL, Steve Sansweet, and Ken the Elvis Trooper. A big thanks goes out to all who graciously signed (and sketched) on the poster!

And of course a big thanks to Philip, Ben, and Mark for putting on a great show, and for allowing us to have some fun!

We look forward to doing this again next year at Fan Days III!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.