main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Star Wars in TV/Films

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lavagrrrl, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I think I see more Star Wars references on TV and in movies now that there aren't any movies. Wanna share what you've seen out there?

How I Met Your Mother on Monday had a fun bit that involved one of the characters puking into a stormtrooper helmet. I wonder how long it would take Jon to notice if I did that? :D

The Soup recently showed the Today Show footage from Halloween that featured the cast in various Star Wars costumes and some drunk Ewoks humping Al Roker's leg.

We could also play "which film/TV show is the Clone Wars cartoon blatantly ripping off this week?". [face_whistling]

2. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Can't think of one recently that stands out. Other than the Family Guy parodies, this is my favorite. Seth Green killed it.

3. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    What about LOST? There seems to be a SW reference every week. My favorite is when Hurley tries to rewrite one of the movies.

My Life As Liz on MTV has tons of SW references too.

4. c3500BC

c3500BC Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2008
    There's a scene in that new Star Trek movie where cadets are being given ship assignments.It sounds like one of the cadets was named 'Vader'.

I also loved the bit from Clerks II where Randall Graves and the LOTR geek get into an argument over which series is better.

On an episode of 'Bones',a character makes a SW reference and another replies 'Did you just 'Star Wars' us?'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.