main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Star wars inspired stuff

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Imperial_Birrer, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Ok, I was thinking with all the impact star wars has made on culture it would be neat to share what we find. Not just the TV and movie jokes, but those count to.

To start this off I was poking around the net and found this. IMHO the coolest wheel ever designed.

[image=http://photobucket.com/albums/b91/InternalFriction/IFWheelDesigns/th_Imperial.jpg]

2. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Ok - that's sweet!

Now, can they do that with Rebel symbols?? :D

3. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I dont think so. there would be a bolts on it. this place seemed like the wanted to only have things where the image was not interupted by bolts.

4. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    :_|

Fine... be that way!

5. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Check this out, Yodalf in Phx has this in his sigline. Very cool IMO.

[image=http://www.ericdeschamps.com/Clients/Giantmag/STARWARS_GiantMag.jpg]

Click to see the full pic.

6. darth_of_nm

darth_of_nm Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Yes they can,(I have seen most anything done with the machining tools they have now) but it would be smaller symbols, as to not be in the way of the bolts, also a Ford style wheel would lend itself better to a rebel symbol. However it would not be a full design as that wheel was...

7. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    That is a really great picture! Someone is very creative and talented! But having recently read "The DaVinci Code" I studied the original Last Supper painting in detail and seeing this in a direct comparison cracked me up.

First off, I have to say that some people are having a hard time remembering that the DaVinci Code is fiction - I think most Catholic and Christian Organizations have banned/burned/spoken out against it- As a fictional story I thought it was quite clever. (I'll probably be ex-communicated now!)

So here is my comparison between two fictional ideas about this painting...

Basically, in this SW picture I will tell you whose place they are taking in the original by location in the context of The DaVince Code: Luke (Jesus) is the head of all religion. He is secretly married to Leia(John the Baptist-but you will have to either read the book or see the upcoming movie to understand that statement because supposedly it wasn't John the Baptist that was painted there). She is hugging the traiter Han(Judas) while Chewie(Peter) is looking at her back thinking about stabbing her there. (Also, have to read/see the DaVinci Code) Boba Fett (Andrew) should be afraid of the mysterious (but omitted in the SW pic) extra arm holding a blaster pointed at him and Darth Maul(James the less) and Darth Sidious(Bartholomew) are the least of the disciples.

Going back to Luke and going to the right: Darth Vader(Thomas) is the world's most famous doubter, R2D2(James) and C3P0(Philip) are just hanging around and Mace Windu(Matthew) is having a very heated discussion with Ben Kenobi (Thaddeus) and Yoda(Simon).

Here is a link to a great picture of the original. Notice the mysterious hand holding a knife behind Judas!

http://www.artchive.com/artchive/L/leonardo/lastsupp.jpg.html

Edit: had to fix the link [face_blush]

8. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    You have to scroll down a little for the storm trooper...

But I think I like the LEGO thing right below it the best

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I think its funny that the cats put up with that. our cats would not do that. then they would torture us for days for thinking we could do that. evil felines.

10. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Sedatives help.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Yeah, but when Our cats would awaken they would know something happned. There would be no safe place for us. My cat almost killed me for rolling on top of him while I slept.

12. JediKnightAlestor

JediKnightAlestor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2004
    I might have made the attempt myself... (lol)

13. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
  14. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    That's kinda funny. I don't know how they can do that, when Road Squadron couldn't even get our logos done. They got pulled for "3rd party posting" or whatever... it was dumb.

btw: Best. Toys. Evar!

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/RSPulsarSkate/Other%20random%20stuffs/TrooperVader1.jpg]

15. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
  16. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    :confused: Okey.... I don't get it.

17. Darth_Nast_T

Darth_Nast_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    An interesting take on software industry news...

http://watleyreview.com/2005/110805-3.html

18. DarthDallas182

DarthDallas182 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    Where could i get a poster form of that last supper painting? lol that was really impressive to me.

19. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2005
    Here's one I made. The Birrer brothers should regonize it. At least the oldest should.

[image=http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/268/thrawncopy0bh.jpg]

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    You know, that's one of the things that I liked about Thrawn, he appreciation for art.

21. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2005
    Hence the reason I decided to have draw him studing a piece of art.

22. Jmonty

Jmonty Jedi Knight

Nov 11, 2005
    that is now my background. :)