main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars on DVD

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGreivous

DarthGreivous Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2004
    Yeah i do agree that there should be the orignal versions on the dvd as well, but im not that fussed as i would probably only watch the improved versions anyway (i imagine GL will release the original versions on future dvd releases anyway). I think that he should be finished with the films now however, therre is nothing more he can really do without having do remake the entire films, which to me, would be stupid.

2. DrMaul

DrMaul Jedi Master star 1

Dec 24, 2000
    ..a slight change of topic, but as most of you know, 'Empire of Dreams', which ships with the imminent OT DVD set, screens on SkyTV, locally, tonight. I spent about an hour on the phone to the director of that documentary last weekend, and have just posted it as a story on SWNZ, for anyone interested in reading it - moretext.php?request=bio_kburns.

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I watched it ... a lot of it reminded me of those 'unauthorized!' making of Star Wars novels like Empire Building and Skywalking, except without the sunday tabloid style muckraking, and a lot more interesting info about the actual making of the films. I can't wait to check out the full version on the dvd :)

The K-Mart mailer had the dvds advertised at $74.99.

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    1 day to go!!!!

I can't wait that long i'm freakin out!!!!! :eek: :eek:

5. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    Anyone seen any other confirmed prices? I'm assuming that The Warehouse and Whitcoulls will probably have something of a price battle a la the last Harry Potter book.

6. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    It wasn't in the last Warehouse mailer ... I guess the only way to find out will be to go in there tomorrow.

I'll be picking mine up at Queen St Whitcoulls.

7. AnariaZar-Rel

AnariaZar-Rel Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2004
    Harvey Norman is advertising the dvds for $68.85, that's the cheapest I've seen yet.

8. AnariaZar-Rel

May 8, 2004
    Wait, scratch that - the latest Warehouse mailer has it for $66.99 (though they call it a 3-dvd set? I guess they meant 3 films)

9. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    I miss how cheap DVDs are in NZ. :(

The SW DVDs here are about £30 ($90) and general special edition DVDs (Star Trek, T2, etc) are about £25 ($75) each.

Just thought I'd share that with you. :p

10. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Harvey Norman also had it since 19th apparently, I was gonna get it then but I couldn't be bothered to go to Mt Wellington. :p

Gonna pick up my copy today too. :)

11. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    I'm picking up my copy a soon as my Aunty pays me for babysitting! which will be like 4 weeks :mad:

12. KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK

KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    I wish you guys the same fun as I have had with the DVD's... I got tears in my eyes for alot of the stuff. Star Wars is a beautiful thing, not like anything else. Happy watching...

13. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Got my set :cool: Very cool. Already watched the Episode 3 Darth Vader bit. Chills. 5 O'Clock can't come fast enough. Straight home, pop some corn and start some viewing!

14. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    > Harvey Norman also had it since 19th apparently

Someone's been reading the nefarious Buzz Bumble's postings on SWNZ!

I was in Harvey Norman on Monday shopping for iPod accessories. I checked the DVD section that afternoon, and there certainly weren't any SW DVDs then.

So how much have people paid for their copies? I've dispatched the wife to pick me up a copy this afternoon

15. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    $74 for mine, from GPStore.co.nz

16. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I picked up mine at Queen Street Whitcoulls ... there were about fifteen sold during the 10mins or so I was in store. The guy at the counter was trying to interest the customer in front of me with Star Trek: The Original Series on dvd ... he said 'now this is the real deal ...' really funny :)

17. AnariaZar-Rel

May 8, 2004
    I got mine from Whitcoulls, $69.99 (got the last 2 stamps for my free dvd card). I've watched all the extras except 'Empire of Dreams' - the gag reel is quite good (after a few minutes of working out how to access it on my player) and there's little bits at the end of the character and lightsaber featurettes :) Loved the EP3 preview! Now it's off to watch the movies..

18. KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK

KEN_BENOKI_IS_BACK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Whitcoulls in Courtenay place was the only place open at 9:00 this morning, blockbuster and the other store (I think it's the CD and DVD store) were still shut! Within 5 metres of one another... Idiots, they're missing out on lotsa money... They had already sold a boat-load while I was in there...

I can't believe some guy was trying to talk someone else into buying a Star Trek DVD set... What's going on there, stupid Trekkers...

Battlefront tomorrow! And then Armageddon on Saturday with a SW guest! John-Rhys Davies... General Grevious - hopefully!

19. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    I miss how cheap DVDs are in NZ. sad

The SW DVDs here are about £30 ($90) and general special edition DVDs (Star Trek, T2, etc) are about £25 ($75) each.

what did you usually pay in NZ (e.g. for a special edition 2 disc dvd set?)?

britain is very expensive.... :(

btw is there a good online store in NZ to get your dvds from?

-Mel

20. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    http://www.gpstore.co.nz/ is the only one that comes to mind Protege!

21. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    what did you usually pay in NZ (e.g. for a special edition 2 disc dvd set?)?

No more than $50. The average DVD was about $25-$40, here it's £10 ($30) to £20 ($60)

22. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Watched a New Hope last night. It was fantastic, so clear, bright new colours, you could see things you'd never really seen before. Sound was great too.

23. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Someone's been reading the nefarious Buzz Bumble's postings on SWNZ!

Actually, there was an ad on the back of Herald's e.g. last week ;) We get the free newspapers on Thursdays.

I got mine from the Newmarket Warehouse, $66.99. There's also the Hasbro promotion thing, it doesn't say what's in the prize packs though. I'm guessing toys and stuff. :p

24. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    I had a flick through the DVDs last night ... the images are so crisp and clean compared with the VHS tapes. One real improvement was the matt lines on the Rancor and in the speeder bike chases. Those scenes always bothered me, but they look an awful lot better.

Vanessa and I are going to try to watch all 5 films over the next week or so. (Mainly to wash away the dirty feeling I got from seeing the "Star Wars Holiday Specical" last week. Oh the humanity!)

25. Jedi_Squall

Jedi_Squall Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2001
    Really? Do you have a copy of the Holiday Special?

Watched most of the DVD's yesterday (took day off due to illness, tied in well...), though the Hayden-replacing-Sebastian was a bit campy, but worked okay. Still don't like the Han-Greedo shoot-out scene either, but small gripes.

EpIII saber duel looks mean, even in blue screen!

(EDIT: It's Kai, btw, this is my old sock..)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.