main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Product----Crawling to a standstill?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jirin_Raman, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    :eek:

Holy ****!! My brother is visiting this week from out-of-town, and it just so happens that he wants to head to Fresno on Friday. I think I'll leave work early, and join him on the trip.......

Were there plenty of them, or did you get the few there were?

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    there were few... but i dont know when or how they stock their stuff

3. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    unfortunately there wasnt that many. thats why i grabbed those. but like Finney said, we dont know when they stock their shelves. good luck.

4. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    There is still no sign of new product in Merced. I had a chance to speak with one of the guys I know at TRU, he is a stockman. He more or less told me they have cases upon cases in the back of the first few waves that they can't even put out, since the pegs are currently full. Until they get rid of those, he tells me, they won't be getting the new waves of figs. Damnit, I guess I'll have to get my Tatooine Attack Anakin via Ebay!! :mad:

5. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i'm guessing its the same way at our target... we got 80 cases of the mace windu wave a couple months ago, and they have not sold anything! i'm guessing there is at least 40 cases left in the back room, lol... i'm sencing clearence pretty soon..

6. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I guess that is what Hasbro gets for shortpacking and overproducing, eh??? [face_devil]

7. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    A big middle finger to the "collecting world", where jobbers short pack figures, and idiots run at 7am in the morning, hoping to make a quick buck off of a TOY. :mad:

Collecting has gone downhill these past years, and it shows no signs of getting better.

8. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    In case any of you are/were interested in getting the 25th Anniversary R2-D2 from TRU, there is an article that supposedly has the final word over at Rebelscum:

Silver R2--The Word is Out

9. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    "Run, Runner!!! LOL!!! Have you guys ( JediValens and JediFinney) encountered the "runners" before???

10. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    who here is getting that silver R2? i am for one getting 2, there are two TRU's here,a ctually one here and one in clovis... i'll be happy if i get one though... but i refuse to pay 50+ dollars on eBay for one! and whats a 'runner?' i probably have ran into them before...

11. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    The runner is the no-lifer that waits outside of the store each morning, waiting and waiting for the crack at running down the aisles, to pick through all the Hot Wheels, SW figs, McFarlane's, etc. To me, they are the Anti-Christ of the collecting world.

I plan on getting a Silver R2. That info is still not totally confirmed, though. I'll believe it when I see the TRU "Big Book".

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    oh yeah, there are many of those people here in fresno! bunch of lame ass people who dont have real jobs, lol. they try to make a living by ripping people off at their little hole in the wall collectable shop. pathetic. i heard that the silver R2 is next saturday...

13. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    If you go back 4 posts in this very thread, I posted an article from Rebelscum about the Silver R2!

14. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    runners = diabolical bastards

15. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    We, the members of FF, must act as the "Sandmen" to wipe out the Runners!!! MUHAHAHAH!! [face_devil]

16. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    well at least toys r us, is enforcing a 1 silver R2 per costomer rule... wich usually doesnt work, but at least they're trying something, unlike that celebration 2 thing with the jorg sacul... though i didn't go, if i did, i would have wanted to get that figure!

17. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    heyyyyyyyy for anyone intrested in getting the silver R2, and don't want to fight the scalpers on sunday morning... click here

18. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    i think im just gonna get that R2 on amazon.

19. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    That's what I was thinking, man. The Merced TRU only got 36 of the Silver R2, and I'm not planning on going down there to fight the runners. Plus, there's not really $20 of crap that I want/need right now. I wonder........is the Amazon/TRU.com store sold out of them yet?

20. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    it doesnt say they are sold out... i ordered mine off amazon... though i was at tru today and they had some of the new figures but i doubt they will still be there in the morning, oh well i got my silver r2 thats all i want right now for my colection...

21. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Did anyone brave the "runners" Sunday morning? I chose not to, but DSGeorge and his g/f did. Anyone else??

22. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    I got 2 of the TRU Silver Anv. R2s on sunday at the Merced TRU. And they had 4 new figs I need too, so bought those. Then had my gf buy a 12" Zam so I could get the second R2. ;)

23. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    Still no sign of the Clone pilots, damn!!!

24. Obi1kenny

Obi1kenny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    info for ya:

Star Wars: Anakin Lightsaber Collector FX Edition Prop Replica is now in stock.

http://www.sears.com/sr/entry.jsp?sid=SEMAIL00000000000000&pid=05399281000

I just ordered one of these, from all the reviews I have read, it is well worth the money. ($100)

25. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i'd get one of those sabers, but the hilt is just too big, its like the same size as the toy ones you can buy at target...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.