main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Star Wars References on other TV shows" data bank

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Malt, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    When Aliens Attack
    Fry sports a rebel insignia on his helmet. Also a battle planning session is very reminiscent of ANH.

I might take that one back. I watched it on DVD last night and while the helmet is definatly SW inspired. The Logo was not the rebel insignia. Unless they changed it for the DVD.

2. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Oh "The Simpsons" has SW references all the time. I don't think they hate the prequels, they just take affectionate jabs at them, like they do everything. My favorite was Comic Book Guy holding his Jar Jar doll: "Only I understand you, Jar Jar. Only I love you." Awwww. ;)

As others have noted, Mark Hamill was a guest voice on the show once. He played himself, of course, starring in a dinner theater version of "Guys and Dolls." Instead of "Luck be a Lady Tonight," he sang "Luke be a Jedi Tonight." Hehe.

(Hamill loves to poke fun at himself, and he has a sense of humor about all the "Harrison Ford became a big star, what happened to you?" crap the media likes to do. I recall him appearing on a comedy show -- he played himself, desperately looking for work but just as desperately trying to avoid becoming Harrison Ford's houseboy-for-hire.)

Side note: I think one of the writers for "The Simpsons" used to date Carrie Fisher.

On "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," there have been many SW references, including a couple of complimentary ones about the prequels -- i.e., Xander bungles Yoda's "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" quote in TPM, and I believe there was a reference to "knocking the midichlorians right out of" some character or other. To be fair, there was also the line, "I'm bored...like 'Phantom Menace' bored."

On "Cheers," dim-bulb Woody says, "Darth Vader can't be Luke Skywalker's father. They have different last names."

Side note: John "Cliff" Ratzenberger appeared in ESB as a Rebel officer.

3. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    There are many Star Wars references in the fifth season of That 70's Show.
    Almost in every episode ...

Eric : "There can only be one Hitler and one Darth Vader."
    "We are going to do what Luke Skywalker never dared to do. We are going to use the Dark Side in our advance."

4. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    It was either 1984 or 1986 when they showed ANH on regular tv, on CBS. Mark Hamill was hosting. They would show clips from other TV shows, pertaining to Star Wars. Like they showed a clip of Fred Flintstone saying "I remember when I first saw Star Wars...", like he was going to take Pebbles to see it.

5. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    SW Insider recently did an article on all the SW references in Buffy.

My favorite: Spike threatening to destroy a mint-in-the-package 1979 Boba Fett figure. "Whoa man, you don't hurt the Fett. You don't do something like that and just walk away."

6. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Hello everyone!!!

Wow, impressive. My friend Xan referred me here and said I might be able to fill-in some missing references at my site...he was right.
    I have loads of references not listed here and have been working on my site since 2000 (when there used to be fan-sites offered by StarWars.com)

The references are separated into groups and are alphabetical.

I have: Movies, TV, Music, Life, Sports, Magazines and Books. The link to my site, which also includes the Star Wars Actor's Database (which I am currently working on), is in my signature.

Please, come and take a look

Darth_Malt, it IS draining ;) I had the time in-between illustration jobs to waste my time...and, boy did I! :D

I'm very pleased to see that everyone is paying attention to the references!!! This is fantastic.

Princess Leah :D
    MTFBWYA

7. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    From Clerks: The Animated Series

RANDALL: God, it's cold...Hoth cold...
    DANTE: That's good, make more Star Wars references. It'll keep us warm.

Also, in another episode Dante's on trial, with Randall as his lawyer. Randall calls George Lucas as a witness and asks him a bunch of questions. "Mr. Lucas...what the hell was up with The Phantom Menace? Is it not true that you wrote the entire script on a restaurant napkin over a weekend? I want my 8 bucks back!" Then the other lawyer says "Objection, your honor! The pod race was pretty cool..."

They do the same thing with Steven Spielberg and Hook, and Joel Schumacher and Batman and Robin.

Also, can't forget the classic Simpsons line: "I bent my Wookiee!"

8. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Futurama tonight had another death star like planet.

9. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    "Bosom Buddies" -- Henry is trying to assemble some equipment and he says of a box full of wires and electrical paraphernalia, "Looks like R2D2 threw up."

10. DarthMorte

DarthMorte Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    I saw a repeat of Everybody Loves Raymond a couple nights ago where Ray was talking to his brother about his wife, Debra. Ray was telling him that there were "two Debras. One, the good Debra that's nice to everybody. And Darth Debra, who yells at Ray when no one is watching." Funny stuff.

11. Darth_Menace

Darth_Menace Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2002
    That 70s Show- I dont know their names, but teh main teeneager, and his red haired girlfriend decide to tell the boys grandma they are engaged. So they do that. And she says something in the ways of not having star wars for their wedding, and he says "oh i guess i have to re-write my vows" sorry its quite vague

Mystery Men- "may the forks be with us"

PS- i know this is offtopic, but in my wedding coming up i am doing a couple star wars things. so if anybody know where i can find a Han Solo in a tux and princess leia in a wedding dress to put on top of my cake please tell me.

12. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Two more.

Angel
    Shinny Happy People
    This one might be a bit of a strech but the new Big Bad on the show was saying something along the lines of "some people will be afraid, and that fear will lead to anger and their anger will bring great pain to the world." I thought it was a little to similar to "fear leads to hate etc."

Futurama
    Fry and the Slurm Factory
    Ok, this is the most obscure SW refrence in the history of TV (I guess thats what you get with two Doctors who are big Sci Fi nerds writting your show).

In the small print for a contest some alien language comes up. It reads that amoung other aliens with space infront of their name that aren't elligable, Yakfaces aren't elligable.

For those that don't know Yakface is a rare mexican SW figure.

13. ultimatejedi90

ultimatejedi90 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    I got two

LIZZIE MGUIRE:

Tudgeman: Quick what is jar jar binks middle name

Gordo: uh jar

Tudgeman hey are you a jedi were you born on naboo then get out of this sector

another one

Tudgeman: Jar Jar Binks Rules!!!

the last one

Kate: Why should we put you stupid day of the dead dolls in our halloween party

Tudgeman: :: in yoda voice:: treat them well you must wise they are yes it's yoda

tudgeman: ooh i got one :: in darth vader voice:: Luke i am your father it's darth vader i could scare people with that

Tudgeman: heres my favorite :: roars like a wookie:: ow that one hurt its okay im solid im good

heres a simpsons one

Comic book guy: what kind of geeky stuf is in wait darth vader mask lightsaber alternate ending to empire strikes back chewbacca is lukes dad woah.

those were some i found

14. Darth_Malt

Darth_Malt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Keep these great references coming. The databank is slowly but surely building. It is looking great, guys.

15. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    OK, this is no TV show reference, but a movie reference.

Yesterday, I had a mental breakdown and watched the first minutes of "the naked gun 33 1/3" or something like that. (I survived! :D)

And there was a rather funny SW reference. Even more than a reference, they used a scene!

If I recall well, it were the opening credits. There was the roof of a police car that went through everything: through streets, stores, a bob-sled track... through the air, in space and yes, then it went into the Death Star Trench Run scene and you saw 2 X-wings & one exploded!!

I thought it was a rather nice reference. :)

16. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Stargate SG-1 :
    Ascension (3th episode, 5th season)

Sam : Hi guys, what are you doing here?
    Jack : We brought Pizza and a movie.
    Teal'c : Star Wars.
    Jack : He has seen it ... what ... 8 times?
    Teal'c : Nine.
    Jack : Nine times.
    If Teal'c likes it, it has got to be OK.
    Sam : You never have seen Star Wars?
    Jack : Well, you know me and sci-fi.

17. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Jimmy Neutron:

The Eggspire Strikes back (Star Wars logo)

The commercial showed a scroll up like Star Wars.

Egg Alien says: Jimmy, I am your father.

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Buffy
    Dirty Girls

Again Faith is mentioned as having "fallen to the Dark side"

19. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Angel
    Majic Bullet
    Fred is said to have fallen to the Dark side (I'm getting the feeling that the Mutant Enemy people really like to use the dark side)

20. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Farscape has amny refrences. i saw one when John was trapped in this other dimension whit this alien who was teaching him about wormholes. He said once "Feel the force." as he was trying to conectrate. and said "I am not Kirk, Spock, Luke.." or soemthing else.

Who's line is it anyway, a part where 2 people go into center and they have to act out a scene using only questions, and abeing a famous character. If they don't manage a questino htye leave another guy takes their place. Greg (i forget is last name) came in, put his hands on his ears, squated down and said in a Yoda-sih voice "Waiting you are..?" the other guy left adn then Wayne Grady (spellin?) and said "oooooh! u wait for bus to eh?!" acting like Jar Jar Binks, then it ended. Wayne alo had to be Jar Jar Binks while preteding to a bachelor on a dating game. however, He did not know Jar Jar precsie dialogue. He did not use the word "mesa" or "yousa" at all.

Two guys a girl and a pizza palce. Pete's girlfirend took her kid to his apartment, and said "boys need their toys." the door open and Pete's Roomate Burg was swingign a lightsaber and said "Michael her kids name) come to the Dark Side of the Force." although it was in a Sean Conery accent. In aprivisu season this one guy came up to cops who had busted up a party that Pete and Burg were having, dressed in arobe he repeated the scen where Ben Kenobi did the mind trick on the Storm troopers on tatoine, "this sin't the party ur looking for..." after Pete said "how? Wow that was Amazing!!!!" he responed by saying "may the force not be with you" bowed and left.

Radioactive - These kids were pretedning to have a secret initattion test for his girls little sister, to theri radio station. They were all dressed up in robes and one perosn said "these robes make us look silly" or something along those lines. this other guy said "i dunno i think theri kind of cool, ...These arn't the droids ur looking for...only a master of Evil Darth!" and made lightsaber sounds, the guy said "thank u Obi-won ke- soemthing"

Dark Angel: Max said "if u see me go to the Dark side give me a good slap." referring to her increased sex drive during mating season due to her genetic enhancement.

Student Bodies: Cody was jelous with his friend Chris getting along with his dad better than him, and it cut to his thoughts which are cartoon. He showed Darth Vader holding him over a pit like on Bespin saying Cody, I'm not your Father, I'm CHRISES FATHER!" Chris came and said "hey pop heres ther inhaler u asked for." Darth Vader takes off his helemet (he is Codys father) and says thanks son" and drops Cody down the shaft.

Cvbill - Cybill's friend Marie Anne is talking to a prisoner in Russian, about Cybill. Cybill gets angry and yells some Jiberish to him, Marie Anne says "Cybill honey, what the hell was that?" Response was "i don't know it was from star Wars." looking confused.

Just shoot me has numerous refrences as Finch loves Star Wars amoung other things. One episde had Mark Hammil harassing Finch about his ice cream carrer and stuff to teach him a lesson about bothering him about star Wars. Another epsidoe ahd George Lucas comign as Jack's guest, Finch was all pysicked up, at one point getting a brwon robe and ablue light saber. Geroge Lucas arrives at the last minute or so. While going up the elavator Jack asked GL if he was the inspiration for indiana jones, and GL said "what? oh uh u caught me... oh" then when they came out the door Finch tried to scare them with saneks thinking they were a psuedo lesbian couple, he was trying to play prank on. And GL then decked him, seemingly as a reflex. As the were leaving bak to the elavator, Finch said to george "hey i got a great SW script hwere Chewabacca and Boba Fett string togther a sofball team of misfit Jedis." "Thats good" he said as the elavator door shut.

Power puff girls - there was one episdoe where the city of Townsville was under siege from the Brocroli Emprie, evil aliens form outer space. before the fighting started this guy was trying to get his baby soen to

21. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    There was one on Mystery Science Theatre 3000, but I forget what it is.

Boy Meets World:
    Cory: Great! Then we can name our kids Chewbacca and Plankton!

22. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Futurama
    Brannigan Begin Again
    In the cold opening/teaser Fry and Bender are playing the same holo chess game that Chewie and C3pO play only this time Bender instructs all of the peices to attack Fry.

23. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
  24. medleyoz

medleyoz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I just watched this little spoof cartoon of Behind the Music. It was on J-Lo and showing how she struggled to get to the top because of her big ass but there was a bit where she was auditioning for a role in a movie and she was saying Yoda's lines from TPM "our council will hold on one who is ready" I know that isn't the right quote but I can't remember it exactly.

All the Buffy ones are classics.
    I'm Bored. Episode 1 bored. [face_laugh]

25. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    i dont know if this is a SW reference, but in South Park when the boys build a ladder to heaven they pop out of the clouds and Cartman says, "Oh, don't tell me we haven't even reached the cloud city yet!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.