main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Saga : Aid Another Query.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by AlphaDroid, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlphaDroid

AlphaDroid Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2009
    In the Saga Edition book, pg151, under Aid Another, it says
    "You can help another character achieve success on her skill check or ability check by making the same kind of skill check in a cooperative effort."
    Does this mean that if the player is making a mechanics check that you must be trained to use, will the helper be available even if they are not trained.
    As they are not trained how can they "make the same kind of skill check" .
    Just wondering.
    Thanks.
    AlphaD

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    In D&D 4th ed, the assistant only needs a result of 10 or better to add +2 to the primary person's roll. If it is a check that requires the character to be trained, then the assistant must be trained. If it does not require the character to be trained, the assistant need not be trained either.

But that's the D&D rules, which were based on SW Saga/4th ed. Maybe the SW books say something different. Maybe someone else who knows more can correct me.

You might want to post these questions in the "GM Support Hotline". Not to be a self-promoting whiner, but it helps keep the boards a little cleaner.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I was actually going to suggest posting these things in the GM Support thread. Better to keep questions like this in one place :)

4. AlphaDroid

Sep 30, 2009
    Thanks for the response Koohii.
    I dont see anything else in the SW book about this but will take your advise, it sounds correct that "the same check" means the same check, with the same conditions being met.
    Will put other questions in the thread you mentioned.
    All the best
    AlphaD

Just noticed your post Jedi_Dajuan, if you would like to move these questions of mine go for it, or will I just repost them in the GM Support and you can close these ones.
    Thanks

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    The can't be directly moved, so go ahead and re-post them :)

6. AlphaDroid

Sep 30, 2009
    No prob.
    Here goes.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.