main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Star Wars Street Theatre thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by VoijaRisa, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Over in the social thread, I made a suggestion that we put our costumes to a bit of use and at the same time, do something that would be fun as a group: Star Wars Street Theatre.

For those that aren't familiar with street theater, it's a form of acting done in just about any location without a specific audience. Due to the the transative nature of the audiences, it typically has to be a very short skit, although well known full length plays have also been done. It can also be interactive.

So that's the sort of thing I'm thinking of: Short skits, in costume. Not necessarily Star Wars themed (seeing Star Wars characters act out Shakespeare might be hilarious).

The idea of this thread is to get an idea of what we could do and where we can do it.

Thus, if you're interested, I'd like to get 3 things:

1. What costumes do you have available?

2. What sorts of ideas do you have for skits?

3. Any specific locations you know of that might be conducive to this?

For myself:
    1. Jedi, Vader, Tusken Raider, Rebel Pilot

- Jedi and Sith having a duel but one having to ask for batteries from passerbys.
    - Rebel Pilot in a parking lot asking pedestrians if they know where he parked his X-wing.
    - Luke (or Leia) and Vader having a family therapy meeting with a psychiatrist.

3. Malls, Union Station

2. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I love this idea! I am a little shy though so I would have to watch a couple time maybe before jumping in. I am not sure where we could do this, but it would be funny. We could also look into doing skits for charity events.

I will hopefully have my Shaak Ti done by late July, early August. It depends on how well I can redo the paper mache' headpiece.

3. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    That is a freaking SWEET idea

4. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm full of "freaking SWEET ideas" but the trouble is getting other people to commit to help :p

5. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    How about maybe milling around Busch Stadium when there's a game going on. Trying to use "Force persuasion" on ticket scalpers might be kind of fun. Can't think of anything else to go with this idea just yet.

6. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Not a bad idea. I think it might be fun to try to jedi mind trick any fans of the opposing team into rooting for the good guys.

What about doing something by Ted Drewes? There's typically pretty good crowds there (esepcially after a baseball game) and if we got too hot, there's ice cream right there.

7. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    That sounds like it could be interesting. :D

I only have my Jedi costume though.

8. cvillevader

cvillevader Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    lmk if vader is needed

9. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    oooh! oooh! i LOVES me some street theatre! as a 6 year vet (going on 7, phew!) of the GSTLRF i'm pretty much used to the idea... (Improv plays an intrique role in patron interaction) ummmmm, as for me, i've got a whole closet full of costumes, most are ren-faire associated though... :p ummm, i do have a sith-ish costume and i've got my armor, so there's an imperial presance if needed...

as for ideas, one comes to mind, say rebels and imperial forces having a nerf battle. yay for live action inspiration! lol. ummm, pricess laia and han solo acting out the balcony scene from romeo and juliet, whereas the balcony could be anything depending on location... that's about all i can think of for now, though i'm sure more ideas would come.

as for location, i'm not too familiar with the fine city of st. louis, having been living in a small truck-stop and church town lol... ummm, in nice weather i'm sure there would be plenty of tourism surrounding the arch... well, i'm babbling, so i think i'll leave it at that.

10. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Ahahahaha!

My problem is that I can't act due to the whole uncontrollable laughter thing when something unplanned happens. Course, in these circumstances, that would be less of a problem than usual.

11. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    hey, this is true. i have trouble acting sometimes becuase i'm slightly deaf in one ear, and i've memory troubles... curse all that unprotected weapons fire! lol :) that would be a funny skit idea, though, "Star Wars Bloopers, live! "

12. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    by the way, i wasn't trying to shoot anyone down, or insult anyone with my previous post, i reread it, and i sounded a little jerkish... so, i'm sorry if i upset or offended anyone. oh, and i had a question, when would we be doing some street theatre, cuase with winter coming upon us, not alot of people would want to stay outdoors for long periods of time... malls would be populated heavily with christmas round the corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.