main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Star Wars Trading Card Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    that's the point of this Saturday. Lisa is going to teach everyone to play. as far as I know, Jen and I are the only ones that have actually played. I'm going to make as many extra decks as I can for those who don't have one. That way if you like the game you can pick up your own cards.

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Ok, maybe I'll see you there! :)

3. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    The more people the better. It's easy to pick up once you play it. And I'm sure everyone will have questions. I know of atleast three that I have.

4. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Strangebehavior you gotta come the more the merrier. besides i have never played a trading card game so we will all be learning!

5. JediShaLee

Sep 2, 2002
    I forgot to tell you i purchased some cards today but i don't think they are the right ones.Toys R Us had a bunch of the ones that has the hands holdong the lightsaber should i go buy a bunch more of Those? also there was a box that said it was the classic trading card game and had a bunch of packs in them but the pictures were from ESB and NH.I will chack out walmart on saturday morning.
    I'll be working the next two days 12hour shifts so if i am quiet thats the reason. i will be there saturday.

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    ok the back of the card has a white bladed saber held by two hands and says Star wars rading Card Game. Classic card game is the wrong one.

the Box set has Obi, Ani and Padme from AOTC on it in a blue box. The Light side starter deck has Padme, and the Dark Side starter deck has Count Dooku on it.

the Expansion packs:
    AOTC: blue package with Ani, Zam, or Clone Trooper on it
    Sith Rising: Gold package with Yoda, Dooku, or Maul on it

7. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    heh I bought a pack of those a few months ago!

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    like a booster pack or a deck???

9. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I can't make it saturday, but in the future i would love to learn to play. I have the cards, i collect them for a set first off. but would love to learn how to actuall play the game, build a deck. get promo cards, and all that good stuff. i just have to work this satutrady, if can also set up a future one, with more leway time wise, i would definately be there.

10. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Don't worry, AT. I have a feeling this will become a regular thing; you can just come the next time!

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    AT, If we can get at least 6 people who are willing to play regularly, we can form a League. Once we form a league, Lisa from WOTC, will have sanctioned tournaments for us. The top 3 players win a Promo card that can't be bought. Each tournament has to have 6 or more people or it will be cancelled. Anytime anyone wants to get together to duel with me, let me know. I'm always ready to play, and willing to teach anyone willing to learn.

12. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I'll join. but i do need to learn the game. anyway, If we set up regular meeting times i can always ask off for it. it just can't be every week, maybe once or twice a month. iws good for me.

13. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I going to ask Lisa if we can do a every other weekend thing.

14. JediShaLee

Sep 2, 2002
    Thanks for the clarification on the cards i will look for the right ones.

15. JediShaLee

Sep 2, 2002
    If we try the every other weekend thing could we try starting it so that the next time will be the weekend of the 28th.that will put me on a schedule of my every other weekend off.

16. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    were you able to get the right cards?

17. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Kam, I got ripped off :mad: You know that light side card that I thought was really cool cause it was 10/8? I decided to flip through my cards when I got home and I didn't have one of those. Do they come in the booster packs also? I've got to get one of those.

18. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Are you talking about the ship that starts with A (I can't remember the name of it to save my life...)? It had 10 speed, 8 power and 10 health. I got another one in one of the packs I bought yesterday. I'll gladly fork it over next weekend. if that's the one.

19. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Yeah if it starts on the weekend of the 28th then it'll be weekends where I'm not at my dad's house. So it'd be good for me too.

20. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Yes stateless that's the one. If your not going to use it I'll trade you something for it.

21. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Can someone please tell me where I'm most likely to find a tusken raider card or female tusken raider card? I figure some of you might know if they come in the starter deck or the booster packs and I would prefer not to have to buy five more packs to find one card.

22. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I think they are in the booster packs. but I could be wrong. I know there is a comic book show in October in Tysons and they sell single cards. Or maybe ebay.

23. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Stateless, I bought a couple of booster packs earlier and ended up getting an Acclamator card so I won't be needing one after all but thanks again for the offer.

BTW, those packs that you can get at Wal-mart (2 5-packs for $3) rock. I got a Mace, an Aurra Sing, the Acclamator (of course), and all sorts of goodies. 7 out of the 10 were very useful.

24. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm glad WallyWorld finally got the Sith Rising cards... For the longest time I could only find them at WOTC.

I have the male and female tuskens, they both came in booster packs. (I also got the tusken camp this past weekend.) I do have an extra female tusken if you want to trade or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.