main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Stormtroopers clones,Now confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Master_Sifo-Dyas, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count_Drew-ku

Count_Drew-ku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    And that is the typical, "One must embrace all of the EU if you like a single part of it" mentality that gets flung around quite a bit here...

2. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Why bring up the EU? You know what it will lead to.

EDIT: Discussing Star Wars was so much more fun before 1991

Exactly

3. Captain-Atreides

Captain-Atreides Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    acutally i hear Mccallum advised Lucas to chose the name,but i could be wrong

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    And that is the typical, "One must embrace all of the EU if you like a single part of it" mentality that gets flung around quite a bit here...

How'd you know? :)

Seriously though, shouldn't this thread get locked? Near every thread is about Bib now, NOT the topic

5. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Hey guys, lets not let this veer off into EU discussion. We're discussing how Bib thinks he knows more about Star Wars than GL.

6. Count_Drew-ku

Count_Drew-ku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    Near every thread is about Bib now, NOT the topic

That's because the troll doesn't like to admit he may be wrong, and keeps on going to the point of annoying the hell out of everybody.
    Lucas has said the OT Stormies are clones.
    No amount of comics, ccg cards or KJA books will ever outweigh the words from the man himself.
    Debate over, Stormies are clones, Lucas has spoken.

EDIT: Why should GL interviews be taken with a grain of salt? They're his films, and little things like Sabre colours are a far cry from something like the Stormies being clones.

Live on in denial, but remember who made these films.

7. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    I think as of now, GL interviews should be taken with a grain of salt. GL has said many things in interviews that he has ended up changing or manipulating later. As an example take the case of lightsaber colors. In interviews GL has said something to the effect of:

"Good Jedi have blue and green, bad Jedi have red. That's just the way it is."

But then on a whim, Mace Windu gets a purple saber, so I don't think this should be taken too seriously yet.

Personally, I would prefer if Stormtroopers were not clones, as it messes up alot. Despite what GL said, I think there is more evidence that Stormtroopers are not clones.

- diff. heights, diff. voices, diff. armor; why would they have different armor, shouldnt the fact that they have different armor signify something, some difference from the clonetroopers, also, if they are clones, why are they called stormtroopers? why not just call the clonetroopers again?

- second everyone has always assumed that the 'Academy' Luke and Biggs talked about was the one to join service in the Empire; if stormtroopers are clones, then this whole idea about an "Academy" needs to be explained -> what Academy? Academy for what?

- third, and perhaps the least convincing, but I am speaking as an EUer so...anyway, there has already been an enormous amount of info. created on the Academy and stormtroopers, and having them be clones would create a daunting task to fix into continuity and any solution divined would most likely be very weak

8. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Debate over, Stormies are clones, Lucas has spoken.

He didnt say they were ALL clones in ALL the movies ;)

And no offense, but trolling also includes personal attacks. A lot of posts here are difrected solely at Bib. I've seen 24hr bans dished out for less you know

9. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    BTW, correct me if Im wrong, but didnt Lucas once say the movies were about Luke Skywalker? Im sure I didnt see him in TPM ;)

10. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Given how this thread seems to have descended into Bib-bashing, I'm locking it. This thread can be restarted, but I don't want to see any Bib-bashing in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.