main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Stranded (AU; Jag, Kyp, Jacen, and Zekk crash on Tenupe) -- updated 17. February

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Iverna, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I feel really bad for making you guys wait for so long - sorry! My art muse kind of took over my life. But on the plus side of that, this story has a cover now:

[image=http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/ivernasolo/Stranded-cover.jpg]

... and an update! Enjoy!

PM list
    Luna_Nightshade
    Jade_Max
    Durroness
    CelseteAntola
    Jainasolo101
    Hazel
    padawan3
    pinkpearl89
    Kailene
    AzureAngel2
    echo_girl_94
    fel_edge

[b][u]Chapter 5[/u][/b]

The others were all for joining in the fun in the water, but Jaina had had enough excitement during the landing and retreated to the pool edge. Legs dangling in the water, she studied the ship?s readouts on her datapad. It was the next best thing to actually doing repairs when it came to taking some time out.

?Doesn?t look so bad,? Zekk commented. He sat beside her, leaning close. His hair tickled her shoulder. ?The actuator?s fried, but that?s easy enough to replace.?

?If we have another one,? Jaina said. ?Which depends on how badly you crashed your ship.?

?I didn?t?anyway, we have a spare.? He grinned. ?Some of us know how to run a ship, complete with spare parts locker, you know??

?Some of us know how to land one,? she shot back, grinning.

He narrowed his eyes. ?It?ll get old eventually.?

?Yeah, but until then, I?m going to have fun.?

Zekk shook his head pointed at another item on the readout. ?What about the ignition coil??

?Anakin said it should still work. Computer just thinks it?s damaged because he had to override the safeties on the cooling.?

?He overrode the??? Zekk sounded incredulous, but checked himself. Anakin Solo was allowed to override safeties. ?So I guess the cooling will need some work.?

?Yeah.? She pointed at the display. ?Might have a leak, but Anakin sealed it off so we won?t know until we go back in.?

?Right.? Zekk blew out a breath. ?Here, what about that flux coup??? He broke off as a yell sounded over the laughter and conversation that mixed in with the rushing water.

Jaina looked up to see Jacen drop into the water right beside Jag, splashing a wave of water over the pilot. Jag swiped water from his eyes, waited for Jacen to emerge, and threw himself forward, pushing the younger man back down. Jacen thrashed back to the surface, sputtering and glaring between laughter, and launched himself back at Jag.

Jaina laughed as they wrestled, trying to dunk each other. She laughed even harder when Kyp plucked them both out of the water in a Force grip and sent them flying towards opposite ends of the pool, before jumping down from the ledge himself.

Jag and Jacen got back to their feet, looked across at each other, nodded, and swam over towards their common enemy.

?Boys,? Zekk said, watching the display with a mournful expression.

?You?re a boy,? Jaina said, pronouncing it like an insult.

He gasped in feigned outrage and pouted like a child. ?No, [i]you[/i].?

?No, no, I?m a girl.? She made her voice a mix of patronising and disdainful. ?Don?t you know anything??

?Oh, that?s right.? He grinned. ?Sucks to be you, then. Boys get to play and be immature.? He pushed off the ledge into the water, making sure to splash her generously in the process.

Shrieking, Jaina put down the datapad and jumped after him.

Jacen and Lowie volunteered to go back to Jaina?s ship for supplies, and Kyp went along saying that he wanted to sleep in a real bed for a change. But he came trudging back with the others an hour later.

?What?s the matter?? Jaina asked. ?Need your lullaby??

He raised his eyebrows. ?Why, you volunteering??

?Careful,? Zekk said. ?You don?t know what her definition of lullaby is.?

Jaina gave him an innocent look. ?Something that puts people to sleep as quickly as possible.? She balled her fist demonstratively.

?That?s what I thought.? Zekk shook his head sadly.

Kyp snorted and dropped down to the ground. ?I?m too old for a lullaby anyway.?

?Much too old,? Jacen agreed, and Kyp aimed a swipe at him, which Jacen dodged.

Sitting cross-legged beside Jaina, Jag watched the exchange with his usual wry calm. ?Yes. I wo

2. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011

This does explain a lot....

Hopefully Jaina will be out of her Trance soon so Zekk and Jag won't take each other's head off.

Love the coverart, by the way!

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ooh, great technical details! At least I think their great, can't really tell what they are, though. :p
    I'm terrible with the tech stuff.

[face_laugh] Oh, boys will be boys! [face_laugh]

Jaina gave him an innocent look. ?Something that puts people to sleep as quickly as possible.? She balled her fist demonstratively.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Jaina might be worse than the boys.
    Wait, now I'm [face_worried] about her children.

?Not entirely your fault,? Anakin said. ?Something?s up with the planet. It screws with the sensors, maybe even with the electronics altogether.?

It just occurred to me - this might be the SW version of the island from Lost.

Tahiri groaned. ?I was gonna volunteer to come along tomorrow, but I think I?ll stay here with Kyp. Where it?s quiet, and peaceful, and non-confrontational.?

[face_laugh] Excellent argument, Tahiri.

?Where do you get the energy in this heat?? Zekk asked, swimming up to join them. ?Why are you never tired??

?He runs on annoyance,? Jaina said. ?Every person he irritates is just another bit of fuel.?

Still better than Darth Jacen.

[face_laugh] Loved all the banter going around mixed with that action sequence with the beasts. Great flow!

Anyway, really great update and I hope to read more soon. :D

PS ? LOVED the cover =D=

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    So who's the shirtless hot guy on the cover all the way on the left? :D

?What?s the matter?? Jaina asked. ?Need your lullaby??

He raised his eyebrows. ?Why, you volunteering??

I love your Jaina. [face_laugh]

?Aww.? Kyp finally opened his eyes to give Zekk a beseeching look. ?How can you say that? I was even gonna sleep on the couch for you to give you space!?

Jaina buried her head in her hands. ?I?m already sorry that I interrupted the honeymoon.?

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Lovely banter through and through.

Add me to the PM list, please?

5. fel_edge

fel_edge Jedi Knight

Jun 15, 2008
    ?No, no.? Jag shook his head and smiled. ?You have your excuses on Myrkr. I have mine here. Anakin said so.?

You've just gotta love the constant need to harass each other going on, and it's highly amusing to see Jag able harp on them for their jedi failings as easily as they do the same to non-jedi like him.

Hope you continue soon.

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Zekk sent a glare at him. ?Remind me again of all your brilliant piloting skills??

?No, no.? Jag shook his head and smiled. ?You have your excuses on Myrkr. I have mine here. Anakin said so.?

Jacen groaned. ?Both of you shut up, or I tell Jaina that you didn?t want to help carry her.?

Yeah you wrote on and I had a great time laughing and enjoying!

[:D]

What a team!

7. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    First off...LOVE THE ARTWORK !!!! =D= [face_love] That's my favorite pix of Zekk.

Great job with the technical jargon and the adventure at the end. You had me laughing at the guys being adolescent boys bickering with each other, and I'm loving your witty, snarky Jaina keeping them in line, and the little peaks we get at how much Jag cares for Jaina.

Wonderful job!

8. pinkpearl89

pinkpearl89 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2010
    YAY! UPDATE!

?Sucks to be you, then. Boys get to play and be immature.?

Maybe Zekk has a point [face_thinking]

?Something that puts people to sleep as quickly as possible.? She balled her fist demonstratively.

Special lullaby just for Kyp, obviously :p

?I?m too old for a lullaby anyway.?

?Much too old,? Jacen agreed, and Kyp aimed a swipe at him, which Jacen dodged.

Sitting cross-legged beside Jaina, Jag watched the exchange with his usual wry calm. ?Yes. I wonder why Jaina didn?t notice that.?

Could you be any more transparent Jag? 8-}

Jacen groaned. ?Both of you shut up, or I tell Jaina that you didn?t want to help carry her.?

Two things about this: 1) I love that Jacen knows that these guys are all besotted with Jaina and that 2) he is by no means above using that to keep them in line, lol. That being said, I also love that he clearly knows Jag is the favorite and already treats him like family [face_dancing] I would like to register my vote that your characterization of Jacen be the official one, and we can just forget all about Darth Caedus [face_peace]

Thanks for the awesomely entertaining update! Definitely worth the wait, but, maybe next time we won't have to wait so long? Pretty please [face_praying]?

9. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Book-Geek

This does explain a lot....
    It does, doesn't it? *lol*

Hopefully Jaina will be out of her Trance soon so Zekk and Jag won't take each other's head off.
    Yeah, she'd better get back action soon... who knows what'll happen when she's not around to keep everyone on track!

Love the coverart, by the way!
    That's great to hear, thank you!

Hazel

Ooh, great technical details! At least I think their great, can't really tell what they are, though. tongue
    I'm terrible with the tech stuff.

Psst... me too! [face_shhh] I'm bluffing, mostly. *lol* I have no idea how a starship works. But then, in the SW universe, no one seems to - I mean, what are "alluvial dampers" and why do you need them on a spaceship?! - so I think I'm okay just making it up. But thanks!

Oh, boys will be boys!
    Absolutely. *lol*

Jaina might be worse than the boys.
    Wait, now I'm worried about her children.

She might be, at that. But she'll probably have better maternal instincts for her kids than she does for Kyp... *lol*

It just occurred to me - this might be the SW version of the island from Lost.
    Holy crap, I hadn't made that connection, but you're totally right! Whoops. Let's hope they make it off quicker than the people from Lost, because I don't want to be writing this for the next umpteen years... [face_laugh]

Still better than Darth Jacen.
    Amen!

Loved all the banter going around mixed with that action sequence with the beasts. Great flow!
    Glad you enjoyed it, thank you!

Anyway, really great update and I hope to read more soon.
    Yes, I promise not to take another couple of months this time!

PS ? LOVED the cover
    Thank you!!

Ceillean

So who's the shirtless hot guy on the cover all the way on the left?
    It's... Sawyer from Lost. Wow, racking up the Lost connections here, aren't I? *lol* But yeah, Josh Holloway, playing Kyp for this fic. :D

I love your Jaina.
    I'm very happy to hear that!

Lovely banter through and through.
    Banter is so much fun! Glad you enjoyed it.

Add me to the PM list, please?
    Absolutely!

fel_edge

You've just gotta love the constant need to harass each other going on, and it's highly amusing to see Jag able harp on them for their jedi failings as easily as they do the same to non-jedi like him.
    Heh, well I'm having a blast writing them this way. And I figure that Jag usually seems to be able to hold his own. :p

Hope you continue soon.
    I will!

Azure

Yeah you wrote on and I had a great time laughing and enjoying!
    Very glad to hear it!!

What a team!
    Hehe, yeah, they're a fun bunch!

Kailene

First off...LOVE THE ARTWORK !!!! That's my favorite pix of Zekk.
    Thank you, and mine too! There aren't nearly enough good pictures of him around. I'm glad we got this one, even if we didn't get the book it was meant to go with. :p

Great job with the technical jargon and the adventure at the end. You had me laughing at the guys being adolescent boys bickering with each other, and I'm loving your witty, snarky Jaina keeping them in line, and the little peaks we get at how much Jag cares for Jaina.
    Yay, thanks! I'm pretty bad with techie stuff so I'm quite surprised that I seem to have done okay this time. :p Glad you're enjoying the banter and the snark, that's the most fun part of this fic for me!

Wonderful job!
    Thank you!!

pinkpearl

Maybe Zekk has a point
    I think he does... *lol*

Special lullaby just for Kyp, obviously
    Yep, Kyp gets special treatment. :D

Could you be any more transparent Jag?
    Hmm... maybe if he tried really really really hard... :p

Two things about this: 1) I love that Jacen knows that these guys are all besotted with Jaina and that 2) he is by no means above using that to keep them in line, lol.
    Well, Jacen's always been a good strategist. *lol*

That being said, I also love that he clearly knows Jag is the favorite and already

10. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Wow! What a gripping post! :D

I can't get enough of these guys! You write their dynamic so well, I laugh out loud while I'm reading. My dog keeps looking at me like I'm crazy... although she may not be wrong in thinking that. :p

Great work and thanks for the PM!

~Celeste

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jacen held up his hands, the picture of innocence. ?I wasn?t gonna!?
    Liar. :p

Great cover and update!

12. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    This is a very amusing fic and I can't wait for more :D

13. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I must ask -- are we going to see more of our boys sometime soon? [face_batting]

14. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I second that! I really really want more.

Just found this and it's hilarious. =D= [face_dancing]

Please keep writing! [face_praying]

15. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Much very interesting! =D=
    So much beautiful boys in one place - I in delight.[face_love]
    Kyp, Zekk and Jag - me so like the wrangles of this whitsunday, more so that so much for so is vividly described. :D
    Jacen much reminds itself in timeses of the Young Jedi Knights, I like to read about it such.[face_love]
    Anakin and Tahiri - love, love, love! @};-
    Anxiously wait the continuations. :)
    Include me in its PM list?[face_batting]

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

16. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Oh lord, I'm so bad at keeping this one going. And even replying. DRL really doesn't like me... and my muses like me too much! But I'm back, and I have an update very very soon. But first I need to catch up on replies, so here goes...

Celeste

Wow! What a gripping post!
    I can't get enough of these guys! You write their dynamic so well, I laugh out loud while I'm reading. My dog keeps looking at me like I'm crazy... although she may not be wrong in thinking that.

Thank you, that's awesome! I'm glad it makes you laugh. Don't mind the dog, my cat judges me all the time as well. I just judge her back and we say no more about it... *lol*

Great work and thanks for the PM!
    Thank you and you're welcome!

FelsGoddess

Liar.
    Yep, I think so too...

Great cover and update!
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

JediFalcon

This is a very amusing fic and I can't wait for more
    That's great to hear, thanks! More very soon!

Ceillean

I must ask -- are we going to see more of our boys sometime soon?
    Wow, a month late in even replying to this... :oops: Sorry! The answer is yes. Very soon now!

Chilla

I second that! I really really want more.
    More is coming right up!

Just found this and it's hilarious.
    Glad you're enjoying it!

Please keep writing!
    I will! I do intend to finish this one.

Bel

Much very interesting!
    So much beautiful boys in one place - I in delight.

Yep, well, that was kinda the idea behind this fic. Blame Ceillean, she made me do it. *lol*

Kyp, Zekk and Jag - me so like the wrangles of this whitsunday, more so that so much for so is vividly described.
    They are very fun to write, glad you're enjoying it!

Jacen much reminds itself in timeses of the Young Jedi Knights, I like to read about it such.
    I'm really glad to hear that! I loved Jacen in the YJK series so that's awesome.

Anakin and Tahiri - love, love, love!
    Yeah, those two are adorable, aren't they?

Anxiously wait the continuations.
    Include me in its PM list?

To be sure, to be sure! Thank you!

More coming right up!

17. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    PM list
    Luna_Nightshade
    Jade_Max
    Durroness
    CelseteAntola
    Jainasolo101
    Hazel
    padawan3
    pinkpearl89
    Kailene
    AzureAngel2
    echo_girl_94
    fel_edge
    JediFalcon
    DarthBellumSolo

[u][b]Chapter 6[/b][/u]

Kyp knew that something had gone wrong before the others returned. He?d always had a bond with the Solo kids, and in the brief time that Jaina had been his apprentice, that bond had grown a lot stronger. And now she?d been hurt.

The others knew it, too. Lowie was one of Jaina?s best friends, and Anakin was her brother. And everything Anakin sensed, Tahiri picked up right away.

But the boys were with her. She?d be fine.

Even so, when the small group came trudging back through the undergrowth and he saw Jaina lying limp in her brother?s arms, his heart gave a little tug. Lowie growled softly.

?What happened?? Kyp asked.

?Ran into some locals.? Jacen laid Jaina down on her bed mat. Her eyes were shut, her expression serene, and her chest was rising and falling regularly in the healing trance. ?Some kind of predator. Big claws.?

?Is she okay?? Tahiri asked, doing the talking for Anakin as usual. The youngest Solo was quiet, focused on his sister.

Jacen took his sister?s hand. ?She?ll be fine.?

Kyp could sense Jacen?s efforts, directed towards his sister. He?d always had that talent for healing. Kyp caught his eye. ?How bad is it??

?Not as bad as it was,? Jacen said. ?Just a few gashes. It bled a lot, but that?s stopped, and it seems to be healing fine. She should be okay in the morning.?

?Let?s hope so,? Kyp said.

Lowie grunted an agreement, then a question.

Jacen shook his head. ?I don?t see how she?d be any better-off in the ship than here. It?s got to be roasting in there by now, and no air conditioning until it?s fixed, remember?? He looked around. ?We could do with some proper bandages, though. Don?t suppose we?ve got a med kit??

?A basic one.? Tahiri jumped up and started rooting around in the equipment they?d brought from the ship. She and Jacen exchanged Jaina?s makeshift bandages ? they?d used Jaina?s own shirt for the occasion, as far as Kyp could tell ? for some bacta patches.

And that, as Jacen informed them, was that. They couldn?t do anything else for her until the morning.

They all slept a bit closer that night. And no one argued.

Amazing. Kyp drifted off to sleep reflecting that it was a pity Jaina wasn?t conscious for it, because she?d never believe it.

?Wake up, sleepyhead.?

Jacen?s voice penetrated through the heavy silk darkness in Jaina?s mind, touching something beneath it. The darkness got lighter, lifting. She tried to hold onto it. Lying here, breathing deeply, with nothing to worry about, felt good.

But Jacen?s voice took it away, and bit by bit, her thoughts shuffled into order. She could feel Jacen now, nearby, brimming with energy as usual. Another familiar presence hovered beside her, a bright, strong one that shone in the Force like the embers of a fire that never went out. Jag.

Warmth surrounded her like a blanket, but she could feel air on her skin. Air, and something else, something cooler. Rain? She couldn?t tell. All around, foliage rustled and strange animals called to each other, drowning out any sound that rain might have made.

Memory stirred. She was on Tenupe, and some animal had attacked her, and Jacen had put her into a trance.

With the memory came full alertness.

Sleepyhead?

?Jerk,? she muttered, and blinked her eyes open. She felt rather than saw Jag smile.

?How?re you feeling??

?Cramped,? she said, stretching. ?Hungry.?

?Better,? Jacen said. He helped her sit up and handed her a ration bar. ?Good morning.?

She scowled at the ration, but her stomach growled and put all thoughts of being choosy out of her mind. ?How long??

?Just overnight,? Jacen said. ?About sixteen hours.?

Jaina looked around. A few meters to her right, Tahiri seemed to be in the process of waking Anakin. Kyp sat nearby, flashing her a smile when she looked at him. Zekk was hunched on the ground further to her left, a datapad in his hands. He lifted a han

18. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I loved all the banter in this. Fantastic. This is the way it should be--everyone able to be sarcastic and poke fun at each other and have fun. I loved Anakin and Tahiri, and Jaina and Jag. Profic authors should take note. Looking forward to more!

19. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I have to agree with Tahiri about the swimming on your back thing -- I can't do it either. :p

I loooooooooooved the banter in this entire update.

And...yeah...the mush was great too.

=D=

20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Awesome update and loved the banter. Can't wait for more :)

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That was a great chapter, loved all the banter going around.

Anakin narrowed his eyes at her, then flashed a lop-sided grin. ?I love you.?

She grinned back and squeezed his hand. ?Welcome back.?

Awww! [face_love] I really love these two, they're so sweet.

22. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011

Remind me to never let Jacen cook for me....

Loved Jaina and Zekk teasing each other while fixing the ship and Tahiri's "swimming" lesson. Adore how all the boys are so protective of Jaina. Very sweet.

23. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    ?Boys,? Tahiri interrupted. ?Jaina?s not here. Tenel Ka?s not here. Stop with the posturing.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] So Jacen with Tenel Ka? I love it! And Tahiri so cheerful and talkative, I love her so.
    ?Annoying behaviour?? Jag suggested.

?Devastating good looks,? Jacen said, grinning.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yeah!!!:D

A great update! =D=

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    That seemed to penetrate the fog that Anakin always seemed to disappear into during repair work. ?I can...?

?Oh, two different ones, look at that.? Tahiri?s eyes were sparkling.

Anakin narrowed his eyes at her, then flashed a lop-sided grin. ?I love you.?

She grinned back and squeezed his hand. ?Welcome back.?

Jag exchanged an amused glance with Jaina, and Zekk got up from the chair and hooked his lightsaber back on his belt. ?Great. That mean we can go now??

Tahiri gestured towards the ramp. ?Lead on.? She shot Jag a dirty look. ?Wait till I tell you guys about my swimming lesson.?

She spent the trek back telling Anakin and Zekk about Jacen and Jag?s efforts, after which the conversation degenerated into taunts and banter. Jag didn?t mind. He and Jaina stayed behind them, holding hands as they walked through the night falling over the jungle, occasionally joining in the others? conversation but mostly talking quietly.

It was not, Jag thought, such a bad planet after all. It did have its moments.

It was not that bad waiting for your update after all. Because it has all that I waited for: fun, action, humour and romantic moments.

Thanks a million! Go raibh míle maith agat. Dankeschön! Merci! Van harte bedankt! Tack!

@};-

25. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Lovely update! Love how Jag and Tahiri know what they have to do to drag Jaina and Anakin away.