main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Summer Meet (third meeting planning thread)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok, everyone...this is it! Only one more meeting until we become official! :D This board has been too idle lately and it's about time we get something started.

Okay, here's the deal...I was looking at some kind of picnic or movie viewing to kick off the summer and the beginning of the Reading, PA FanForce. Any ideas on where to hold the meeting or what movie to see? I'm also open for other suggestions. Just let me know. :)

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  2. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    sounds like a good idea, for movies maybe: X2, Matrix2, or T3 would be good.

PS: Han, did you stop by Arby's on Friday night. If you didn't there's some1 around who looks strikinly familiar to you :)

3. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    LOL, sure, I ask if I can post a third meeting thread, you say Wesmin posted one already, then you go ahead and post your own...meanie :p

Hmm...I don't really like the Terminator series...the other two I'm not obsessed about, but I'd see them if I could ;)

Or maybe we could meet at a mall somewhere and raid any shops that might have SW figures or other products in... ;)

Or perhaps we could just meet in some open public place, have lunch and play a SW Trading Card game :D

4. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yeah, i'm a big SW TCG fan, that would be fun

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Han, did you stop by Arby's on Friday night. If you didn't there's some1 around who looks strikinly familiar to you

Nope, I wasn't at Arby's Friday night. I had to work myself. But that bothers me now...hmm, someone around here that looks like me... What Arby's do you work at?

As for the meeting, I wouldn't mind seeing X2 or Terminator. That sounds cool. I also like the card game idea. Any other ideas you guys might have in mind?

6. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    We could always meet at a book store or something if all else fails ;)

7. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    i work at the Arby's in Kutztown

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...a book store could work out too. So many good ideas, I don't know what to decide on! :p We might have to take a vote.

Hmm...nope, I wasn't in the Arby's in Kutztown. I wasn't up in that direction this weekend. I will be in a couple of weeks, though. :)

9. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    hehe, true ;) Hmm...get Wesmin in here to help us decide/give ideas :)

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    He won't be here until tomorrow at the latest. He's in State College for a Latin Convention.

11. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Latin Convention? Umm...sounds...fun :p

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, it's with school. He's gone there every year so far.

13. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I'm back!

The Governor Mifflin JCL has taken 3rd place in the State of PA at the convention too :D

...and then are idiot and might I add Junior, not Senior as I am, president lost the darn trophy. *sigh* Anyway, I'm strongly considering joining SCL during college, Senior Classical League, as it where, should be a very fun experiance, plus I'll be up at State College area for another 4 trips in the next 4 years.

I'd be a usefull contact with are State College neighborly Star Wars FF btw, so tell me in the future if you need me to have a face to face with anyone up there, heh, i could always sit in on one of their meetings and compair them with ours or something *grin*.

Ah, right then, back to the matter at hand. I've already seen Matrix 2 and X2, and have no real desire to see Terminator 3, but X2 is worth seeing again and again. If everyone else would want to see Matrix 2 I geuss I could be draging into seeing it, though I must say Matrix 2 let me down a bit.

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, Wesmin! It's great to hear that you took 3rd place! :D That's a bummer about the trophy, though.

Anyway, about the meeting...X2 sounds good to me as does Finding Nemo. I don't know if any of you have a desire to see this, but from what I heard today, it's a pretty darn good movie. Plus, it's hard for me to pass up a Disney movie. ;) Any other suggestions?

15. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Glad to see you're back, Wesmin! :D

Yes, Han...we know your obsession with everything Disney ;) Mesa don't really mind what we see...I'd rather see X2 or the movie Han mentioned than Matrix 2 (never saw the first) or T3 (Han can tell you about the horrible fear I had for Terminator after my trip to Universal Studious a few years back ;)).

16. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    If we go to see a movie my 1st choice would probably be X2 or Matrix 2, but i'd be willing to see Finding Nemo as well

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    So...X2 or Finding Nemo? Have we narrowed it down to those two? And another question: Do you guys want to go out to eat or go around shopping for SW figures afterwards?

Heh...that's funny, Crazed. I remember that little fiasco with Terminator. That really freaked you out, and in a way...it was really funny. :p

18. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    that sounds cool, though i'm not sure about my ride situation, hopefully i'll even be able to get a ride to the theater

19. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I should be ok with the ride...but if all else fails, and a certain driver has her license, I can take the suicide car with her to go :p

20. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I'd be up for either Finding Nemo (I also heard that even though it looks like a 'kids' movie it was acully good) and X2 (I've already seen it but I'd be up to see it again, or maybe another 3 times :-D it's a very good movie, expetalliy at the part where *HanSolo29 runs in and gags me and scolds me for trying to spoil her and the rest of the Fan Force* *mumble* *mumble* *mumble*)

Maybe we need an anonomious vote or something to deside since we all seam to want to see them all.

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Suicide car? Come on, Crazed...my driving's not that bad. Besides, you only drove with me once.

*sneaks up behind Wesmin and bonks him on the head* How dare you try to spoil me? I think I would need that gag now. :p

As for a vote, that sounds like a good idea. And I know you'll probably kill me, but I have two more movies to throw out. Dumb and Dumberer and Hollywood Homicide. Both come out next week. (graduation day! :D ) What do you guys think?

22. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Yes, and you nearly flipped the car going over that curb ;)

Hmm...I don't really have much of an interest to see those, but I would...but I KNOW you'd be ogling Harrison Ford the whole time in Hollywood Homocide :p

edited for stupid spelling ;)

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    You're imagining things...I did not almost flip the car. And if I recall, I didn't even hit the curb when I drove with you. The only time I hit the curb was my first time out. Oh yea, and I hit a trash can, which made my mom squeal. :p

Ogling? Where do you get that from? I only go for the younger version of Harrison. ;) :p

Back on topic...so, you don't mind? Because I don't care either way, I just want to wait for Bryan and Wesmin.

24. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    No, no, no...remember when we went to Pizza Hut that one day? You were turning to the right into the parking lot for it, and you went over the curb of the weird little tree-island thing :p

You have just as many pictures of the older version in your room as the younger :p

Sounds good :D

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    You're still confused. It was when I was pulling up into the parking space that I hit it. I pulled up too far and hit the front curb.

Sounds good? Alright, then we just have to wait. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.