main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Sun and Star-JA Vignettes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by female_obi_wan, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    There's about ten vignettes in all, and one or two of them are set to someone-or-other's song lyrics. :) I'll put a new one up every so often. Enjoy. :)

This one's set to Linkin Park's 'By Myself'

Sun and Star 1-One Was Lost

what do I do to ignore them behind me?
    do I follow my instincts blindly?
    do I hide my pride/ from these bad dreams
    and give in to sad thoughts that are maddening?

It had been four days. Five, soon. It was nearly midnight, and Qui-Gon Jinn could not sleep. He had been lying awake, with very little rest, for four days.

He looked tired, too. His hair was untidy, there were rings under his eyes, and the eyes themselves looked as through they had not dared look at any living thing since the day his suffering had begun.

The chrono struck midnight- it left out a tiny, barely noticeable beep. Qui-Gon heard it like it was a thousand times louder, and the small being standing in the doorway heard it too.
    "Five days, it is now," Yoda said. Qui-Gon gave a start, but did not turn around. "Sleeping, you are not."
    "I tried, Yoda. I only have nightmares."
    Yoda ignored the fact that Qui-Gon didn't refer to him by his proper title of Master. "Ignore the nightmares, you must. Battling the darkness, you are. Let it win, you must not."A thought came to him. "Or wish your own soul destroyed, do you?"
    "No."
    "Then fight, you must. Always a fighter, you were."
    "Maybe so, but I've never fought anything like this before." He turned fully around to face Yoda. "It can't be fought. It's taking over. It's the worst thing imagineable-I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy." He lapsed into silence,looking so despondent that Yoda felt maybe it was possible that advice was no good anymore.
    "Then take another apprentice, you never will?"
    "No."
    "Need a way to deal with this pain, you do. Something else to focus your energy on. And what of Tahl? Pushing her away, you are."
    "I know,and I'm sorry. Tell her that. Yoda," he said, he voice suddenly clearer and less tired. "how many apprentices have left in the past fifty years? How many Knights have left never to be seen again?"
    "Tell her yourself,you should. And turned, not all of them did," Yoda countered. "Some still left with honor."
    "But some still turned. More so then have ever done before. I've read all the history books in the archives. I know."
    He pressed on. "Anger and arrogance-that is what Xanatos gave in to. And the students you are teaching- those are common flaws among them. Any of them could turn."
    Yoda gave a sigh. "So, let another into your heart,you will not?"

do I sit here and try to stand it?
    or do I try and catch them red-handed?

do I trust some and get fooled by phoniness

or do I trust nobody and...

...live in loneliness?

"No."

Exasperated, Yoda walked to the door and used the Force to turn the lights off. "Look at me, Qui-Gon." He commanded, and as Qui-Gon looked, he manipulated the Force around him and made him sleep. When his head hit the pillow,Yoda looked carefully at the sleeping form, remembering the young boy who he'd had a hand in the training of. That boy had become a man. A man who didn't deserve to fall to darkness simply because one had loved chose that path.

Yoda limped to the door and closed it gently, and the room was swept into pitch blackness.

Qui-Gon slept.

because I can't hold in when I'm stretched so thin
    I make the right moves but I'm lost within...
    I put on my daily facade but then
    I just end up getting hurt again

By myself!

The eyes. It had been the eyes first. And he should have noticed, should have realised that his Padawan was becoming slowly more irratable, selfish and vicious. Qui-Gon had put it down to the fact that Xanatos was simply growing up, and he wound re-find his footing soon enough. But there had been other things. Fights with other students. Qui-Gon had been blind to them. And there was the time Xanatos had visited Qui-Gon's Master, Dooku- they shared similar backg

2. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    :( *whines* Saaaarraaahhh!! Why? :_| That was so sad! But very nicely written. Where was he?!

"Xanatos!" he screamed to the night. The universe did not hear or answer. "Xanatos! Come back! I'll failed you. Forgive me! I forgive you. Come back to me. Come back!"

He sunk to his knees once again, clutching the harsh cold bars on the balcony. Tears ran down his face. "Xanatos! You're not...you're never coming back."

:_| :_| Very nice job, despite it being sad. Looking forward eagerly to your next vignettes. :)

3. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *sets up shop in the thread*

That was great!! Never seen that before either...this split has certainly been a benefit.

Can't wait for more!

4. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Very nice and very sad, Qui story. Looking forward to your next one.

5. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    Poor Qui.

Nasty Xani (Though I suppose I would feel like that if someome killed my dad)

6. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    That was very well written indeed! :) Poor Qui! It's nice to see some more Xani fics about too. :)

7. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Thanks for the reviews, everyone. :)

Okay, this is a) short and b) partly foreshadowing for my fic Making. But there should be more stories with Tahl and Clee in them. ;)

The World Was Cold

Clee Rhara's room at the Temple was small, but cosy. In the middle of it was a simple table, with two chairs next to it. One for her, the other for her friend.

Tahl came in on cue. "I'm worried about him," she said.

Clee tried not to smile. "Hello and good morning to you as well, Tahl Wildstar."

Tahl grinned. "Sorry, Clee. That man!" she said vaguely, running her hands through her short hair.

"Which man would this be?" Clee asked, as Tahl sat down. She had guessed which man, of course, but it never hurt to ask.

"Why, Qui-Gon, of course. He's been sent to Bandomeer- with Obi-Wan."

Clee tried to place that name. "Obi Wan...he's an initiate, isn't he?"

"Was an initiate," Tahl corrected. "He's some boy, thrown out to the Agricorps. Yoda wants Qui-Gon to take him as an apprentice. They've both been sent to Bandomeer-Qui-Gon on a mission, Obi-Wan for the Agricorps."

"Oh," Clee said, taking this in slowly. She poured out some tea for Tahl, but Tahl didn't seem to notice.

"Was this Bandomeer thing Yoda's idea, by any chance?" she asked heavily.

Tahl shrugged. "If it was, he's not going to admit it to us." She noticed the tea and took a sip. Then she placed the cup down again, and said "I'm worried about him, you know."

"Who, Yoda?"

"No, Qui-Gon, silly. Look, not long ago, we heard him shouting and yelling...yelling for Xanatos, for anyone...yelling for Xanatos to forgive him...standing wrapped in his cloak, probably re-living every moment of everything that happened..." she trailed off. "When he got back to the Temple, I came to meet him. I looked into his eyes. There was nothing there but agony. I almost wish I'd never seen his eyes." She took another sip. Clee reflected that Tahl, too, had seemed unlike herself since that fateful day.

"So, Yoda wants him to take another apprentice," she said, rather vaguely. "I suppose he thinks it'll heal him?"

"I didn't bother asking him." Tahl said. "The concern of the Council this is, Knight Tahl."

"It should be your concern. He's your best friend."

"It seems friendship doesn't count for much, not to Yoda. " Tahl said. "They're putting him into exactly the situation he shouldn't be put into. He needs time."

"Maybe they think he's had enough time." Clee suggested.

"You didn't hear the yelling."

There was a brief silence.

"He doesn't want to hurt anyone." Tahl said. "He's afraid. Scared to death. Xanatos will never stop hunting him. Qui-Gon thinks
    that anyone he cares about will be in danger now...he's distancing himself. From me, from you, from everyone. He can't take on another apprentice...what if he was destroyed? By Xanatos, or by Qui-Gon himself? He's always been afraid that the Darkside follows him."

Clee nodded. "When we were children..."

Those few words conjured up a hundred images. A young boy. Curses. Yelling. Silence. Another betrayal. A different sort...

Tahl suddenly realised she felt anxious. "I don't know what will happen with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan." she said. "But I hope this boy can heal my friend."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.