main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Sunrise -- Action Qui-Gon Challenge, ** COMPLETE ** -- 7-August-2006

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Wow! Superb ending =D=
    And a great story at all!

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved the discussion between Qui-Gon and Obi-wan while Obi-Wan tends to his master's injuries. [face_love] This just feel like one of the perfect scenes that show the nature of their relationship. I also see this as a flawless representation of how I've always seen them.

Intriguing, though not surprising that the Executioner decided to show up a last time to speak with Qui-Gon.

I have to second P_A's comment of beautifully done. A definite treat to read, thank you for sharing it with us. [:D]

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! What an ending! =D=

They arrived at the spaceport; the transport alighted next to their landing area. Like the government complex, the spaceport was located on higher ground, overlooking the plain of the city. More people than were necessary awaited them, to see them off. Their small ship had been fueled and sat ready on the flat duracrete field. They walked toward it together, but Qui-Gon stopped and turned to look toward the horizon. Obi-Wan went a few paces before noticing. He turned back and came up beside Qui-Gon.

?Qui-Gon?? he asked, curious.

Qui-Gon Jinn glanced down at his Padawan and smiled. Obi-Wan looked younger, his eyes wide, his face unlined, his brown hair dark in the gray, early light, but Qui-Gon had glimpsed a bit of the ascending maturity that was there. The Jedi Master nodded toward the horizon; the haze of the city only slightly obscured the dawn.

?It?s sunrise.? Over the city buildings, they saw a bright sliver of fiery orange.

In the distance, a deep reverberating gong sounded.

Superb story! =D=

4. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Aw, beautiful ending...I loved the conversations between Obi and Qui showing their differences, but also how well they worked together...

Wonderful story ardavenport - a great read! =D=

5. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    That was wonderful. I had a feeling the executioner wasn't quite through with Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan responded to her so beautifully, in such a mature manner, and with great wisdom.

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Princess_Arulmozhi: I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :D I suppose rogue Qui-Gon has gotten into trouble again, but maybe not too much. They're not that fond of politicians, either.

Well, Obi-Wan is the 'negotiator' so he must have been showing some early talent by that age. Qui-Gon is the kind of master who would see it and encourage him. And Obi-Wan knows how to take care of his master. [face_love]

Yes, and the Executioner is married to her job and had to take one last shot at Qui-Gon; by then, I think she knew she couldn't touch him, but she had to have a last word with him anyway.

Fifilla: Thanks for reading! :)

Healer_Leona: Thanks. It takes me days to write conversations like that, between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, with lots of pecking and revising before I like it. I'm working on another one right now and that's taking weeks--thought that's mostly because my writing time is seriously curtailed at the moment. They make for slow writing, but they're worth it; that's part of what makes them such a great team.

VaderLVR64 Thanks! I like to go for nice endings. Glad you likee it! :)

Kestrel_Kenobi: Thank you! :D

Ara-gon: Thanks for reading! I think Qui-Gon noticed early on that his padawan was going to be wiser than he.[face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.