main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Survivor 25 - Philippines

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Johnson, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Jose-Mourinho

Jose-Mourinho Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2010
    Tyson's an idiot for doing it but he doesn't do it if he doesn't get the Russell seed.

And regardless of whether or not he actually gives him the idol, he considers it because he thinks there's an all girl alliance which is exactly what Russell thought they would think. It still gives him an in.

2. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I agree, but the way he acts so cocky and self-assured in interviews is absolutely hilarious to me.

3. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I suspect it's going to be a replay of Russell's non-all-stars season; he won't win.

4. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't think anyone expects him to win. It would be smart for someone to take him to the end if they're sure he can't get the votes.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't think the cockiness is an act. Judging by how much everyone at the reunion last year hated him, I think he must actually be that much of an ass to everyone.

-sj loves kevin spacey

6. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    He appears to be quite the character. I think the show would be a lot less interesting without him. I do miss Rob and Tom though.

7. Jose-Mourinho

Mar 22, 2010
    I laughed and I laughed. For about 5 minutes. Ordinarily it would have been good for a minute but it's the idol machine Russell so lolololololololololololololololololol.

EDIT: I think I definitely want Parvati or Russell to win.

8. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    Tonight is going to be epic, every Thursday has just become about waiting for Survivor to come on--which for me, is because of players like Rob and Russell. I'm also secretly hoping that Parvati out-wits Russell, but I wouldn't mind if Russell won.

9. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    Yep, I'm pretty confident that Parvarti is in control. However, you never know with Russell--one of his greatest strengths is getting people to think they're in control. I seriously wonder if he knows she has the idol or not. However, like I said, I would love to see Parvarti win.

I think this is one of the greatest seasons of Survivor ever thanks to players like her, Russell, and Rob. The only person I really liked on the heroes side was Tom. I was hoping Rupert would be awesome, but he's been a pretty weak player so far. Candice kind of bothers me--but if her strategy is to spread discord by pointing the figure all the time, she's doing a good job.

10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Speculation fail.

11. Jose-Mourinho

Mar 22, 2010
    Parvati and Russell are playing the game hard. lol @ JT

Hopefully the preview for next week is intentionally misleading.

12. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    I think Russell is in trouble, but I think Parvati and him are awesome. I love that Rupert saw right through Russell the second he got there, and then began to rant about bananas at tribal council.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    How is it that Rupert's the smartest person on the heroes tribe? I was so happy to see JT go. I like the guy but he totally deserved to pay big time.

Also, Parvarti is absolutely the most dangerous and powerful player in the game now. That was stunning. Way bigger than Russell giving her the idol at Tribal Council before. Because she's bought the undying loyalty of the rest of the villains now. The question is whether she'll use that power to eliminate Russel or if she'll stick with him.

I knew as soon as she did that, though, that Russel would flip out. He's so paranoid. Of course he'll be pissed that Parvarti didn't tell him she had another idol. But you know, she actually found hers. He just had his literally handed to him. If they were smart, they'd put that behind them and continue working as a team. But Russel is so paranoid I don't know what he'll do...

-sj loves kevin spacey

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Parvati could have quietly given one of idols to Jerri or Sandra pre-tribal, to keep Russell on-side.

Maybe she'll tell him she found it at the new camp after he gave her his (so she didn't have one when Russell gave his up).

I dunno, maybe Parvati will enjoy watching Russell scramble now to ensure he's the mastermind moving forward.

Also: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/23/jeff-probst-blog-ep-10/

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't know. That would have made Russell feel better (if he bought it), but think of all Parvarti gains by doing this publicly. She lets everyone know how generous and powerful she is. She lets Danielle also know she is there for the villains. She give the jury reasons to vote for her if she makes it to the final. Maybe she underestimated how paranoid Russell would be about it, but I understand her motivation.

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    True.

Risky, but yeah, she's a smart player.

As Probst blogs, it was great of JT to shake Russell's hand as he left last night and acknowledge he got completely outwitted.

And if you read Jeff' blog, avoid the comments that a re a little way below the end of Jeff's bit, as I think I skimmed a possible final 3 a few weeks back that some jerk had posted. May have been speculation, of course, but best to avoid to be safe.

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Amanda, Amanda, I will miss your blurred out butt cheeks, but not your doe-eyes.

Also, nice little jibe at Russell from Parvati after tribal "You totally wasted an idol" (paraphrase).

18. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    I loved that. I also was amazed by the fact that Russel actually convinced both Candice and Sandra to vote for Amanda (amidst all that confusion).

19. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    So, uh, Russell is officially the Richard Nixon of Survivor.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol, i love it. and now the two remaining heroes have a second life even if it means they have to align with russell. jerri's sort of the wild card at this point. she kind of burned her bridges with parvati and sandra with her vote tonight, but both sides desperately need her vote and either way she goes her best bet is to try to get to the top three then try for immunity. she might have a better shot with that strategy if she sides with parvati and sandra. russell's biggest problem is that even if he makes it to the final two i don't think there's anyone he can beat. even parvati is more likable, and she plays the game just as well if not better.

21. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_laugh]

so at this point, I really want Parvati to win.

I also want Russell to last as long as possible, because he's just so fun to watch.

Also, have to hand it to Rupert. He was doing much better in the challenges, saw right through Russell the moment Russell arrived, and even fooled the devious bastard tonight with a rock.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's like the old Rupert has suddenly destroyed this hideous creature inhabiting his body this season. Finally. That really was a pretty brilliant play faking having the idol. Nice.

Also, Russel is damn lucky he had immunity that time. Because I think with as much crap as he was stirring up in his own alliance, they might have voted him out. Parvarti seemed pretty pissed. I really hope the girl Villains join together with the heroes and vote Russel out. I don't see how anyone in their right mind would trust him at this point. I'm really hoping the preview about Rupert is a play... then again, if Colby and Rupert really did go with Russell until the end, either of them would probably beat him.

-sj loves kevin spacey

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i don't think he would have stirred up so much crap if he didn't have immunity. but yeah, russell is the guy you'd like to take to the end but also the guy most likely to stab you in the back before you get there. but i still think the two heroes will have a better chance of winning if they side with him now rather than banding together with the villains to vote him out.

the big monkeywrench at this point is sandra's hidden immunity idol. as long as she and parvati know who russell and the heroes are targeting she can guarantee that that person is safe and that it's russell who goes home instead.

24. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Precisely. I believe the last time Russell won immunity was the final four challenge in Samoa, where he beat Brett. Remember how cocky he got? If you think Russell's bad without a challenge-won idol, well... this is him with it. Funnily enough, he only seems to get even more paranoid when he has that necklace around his neck.

Anyway, Danielle's elimination was a pretty bad move for Russell. Immediately, I realized he burned yet another bridge and lost another potential jury vote (should he make it to the F2/3). But I also realized that Danielle was perhaps one of the only people in the game he could've sat with in the finale and beaten- her and Candace (who he should've fought to save).

Russell did what he did last night not because he's playing a long-term, big-picture game but purely to make himself feel more in control. On the other hand, with the way Parvati and Danielle treated him in the past few weeks, his paranoia is understandable, if regrettable. After the game, Parvati is going to view hiding her HII from him as a mistake. Incidentally, Russell's motivation for getting rid of Danielle last night (feel in control) is exactly the same error in judgment Parvati made with her HII.

Some men can't control their ego, and some women can't control the desire to play with that.

25. Asterix_of_Gaul

Sep 13, 2007
    I think Russell saw that he had a serious problem with the Parvati/Danielle alliance. He knew that he would eventually have to break it up somehow, but unfortunately, he wasn't clever enough to pull it off in such a way that they wouldn't figure it out. I actually think he made some moves early on in the game that may have earned him some votes, but the more he comes out in the open about how untrustworthy he is, the more votes he loses. I think if he went to the end with Parvati, she would win. However, she's not been the most popular player either. There have been numerous times throughout this game where people wanted her gone--however, those people (most of them) aren't on the jury. Rupert and Colby will probably side with Russel, but I'm wondering what Jerri will do.